CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How often do you style your hair?

+5
tiashaunteé
toolieboo
JossBella
chynadoll8799
tweedledee
9 posters

Go down

How often do you style your hair? Empty How often do you style your hair?

Post by tweedledee 15th July 2010, 1:22 pm

My hair tends to make it through the day and that's it. How are some of you ladies getting 4 and 5 day hair? Does it depend on your length? I will gladly cut a few inches off if that meant keeping a style for longer. Also I am only 5 weeks into transitioning so 99% of my hair is relaxed. I thought maybe that had something to do with it too?
tweedledee
tweedledee

Back to top Go down

How often do you style your hair? Empty Re: How often do you style your hair?

Post by chynadoll8799 15th July 2010, 4:07 pm

Well, transitioning styles are all new for me, so ive been styling every 2-3 days. sometimes i cowash or low poo wash every 3-4 days too. is that too much do yout hink?
My relaxed hair is almost armpit length.
Getting in the pool this summer has required me to wash and/or cowash more often.

Im LOVING braid outs but i cant get more than 2 good days out of them....

chynadoll8799

Back to top Go down

Post by JossBella 15th July 2010, 4:11 pm

I have this question too. My Bantu Knot Outs, TNCs, rod sets don't look good past 3 days, 2 days even. I know the crown of my hair is an undefined, thick, broken off, never curls mess.
JossBella
JossBella

Back to top Go down

Post by toolieboo 15th July 2010, 6:02 pm

I am 10 months into my transition. For the past two months I have been wearing my hair in two french braids. The style can last me a week if not longer.
toolieboo
toolieboo

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 15th July 2010, 6:38 pm

I usually only do my hair once a week. The key to keeping my styles lasting for days is all in how I secure the style at night. Even when my hair is loose, I can get at least 4 days out of the style.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenm721 16th July 2010, 5:08 pm

Cornrows: redo them every 2-3 weeks
Bantu Knot Outs: every other night :
Braidouts/Twistouts:every 2-4 days
2 french braids: a week or longer..sometimes I will take the braids down and wear a curly ponytail.

If I wear styles like twist outs or braidouts, I always moisturize, clip my hair back, tie my edges down with my satin scarf (not the whole head), and then throw my satin bonnet on.
ravenm721
ravenm721

http://members.fotki.com/raven92/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by KSharee 19th July 2010, 4:45 pm

I usually style mine every 3-4 days. Tuesday and Friday are the days I set aside to style my hair.
KSharee
KSharee

http://justbeingkimberlee.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SherylsTresses 21st July 2010, 2:22 pm

VVVVVV

Last edited by SherylsTresses on 21st July 2010, 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
SherylsTresses
SherylsTresses

Back to top Go down

Post by SherylsTresses 21st July 2010, 2:46 pm

I've been transitioning for 50 weeks and I only style my hair via flat iron for special occasions. For the most part, my signature style is a braided bun with a small part in the middle. I cowash to keep for moisture of course and to keep my bun looking intact.
SherylsTresses
SherylsTresses

Back to top Go down

Post by Gado-Gado Gal 22nd July 2010, 10:48 pm

I usually style (or restyle) every 3-4 days by force of habit, but could easily go 5-7 days. Much of this routine (i.e. protective styles that I could wear for days) is what I followed before I decided to transition (except for the "digging" as my stylist called it), so it hasn't been difficult to get the same results as I transition.

I maintain the style by:
- only applying styling aid (Kiss My Face Upper Management Gel or Giovanni Sunset Styling Lotion) after I've washed, moisturized, and sealed; always styled into a protective style for air-drying (braids, buns, twist). The "setting" of my hair is just as important for being able to stretch a style for several days, as what I do over the days following a wash;
- taking protective measures at bedtime (treat with a bit of shea butter or coconut oil, wear a scarf, sleep on satin pillowcase - I'll pineapple if my hair was loose, or just wrap styled hair in a scarf and wide headband);
- restyling in the morning by re-moisturizing with glycerin & water or aloe and sealing (avocado oil, coconut oil) (I'll either undo the braids, bun or twist and smooth the hairs with the moisturizer and sealant, then put it right back into the exact same style, or let it hang loose.);
- making sure my scalp is moisturized (light touch of aloe or coconut oil);
- working really hard to keep my hands out of my hair during the daytime (except for Search & Destroy missions).

Good luck, tweedledee! Your hair is lovely!
Gado-Gado Gal
Gado-Gado Gal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down