CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hair Style Help!!

4 posters

Go down

Hair Style Help!! Empty Hair Style Help!!

Post by lailav2 27th March 2011, 1:31 pm

So I have been transitioning for about 2 months now and I have repeatedly tried to do a twist out and it always comes out HORRIBLE!!! I usually twist it when it is damp. I have even tried flat twists and those also look horrendous. I dont know if its because there is still relaxer on my hair or because im using the wrong product. Do you ladies have any tips? IM DESPERATE. lol
Also, is there any difference in twist outs on natural hair and twist outs on relaxed hair in terms of how they look and how the hair stays? just wondering.

lailav2

Back to top Go down

Hair Style Help!! Empty Re: Hair Style Help!!

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 27th March 2011, 3:23 pm

Hey chica. You may want to try twisting your hair while dry or twists and curls instead. My avi is a tnc done with small perm rods. I tend to use a lot of different products on my hair. What I have found is that making sure my hair has sufficient drying time has really been key. CN has posted some links for hairstyles, check there for how to's. HTH!
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by NewlyNaturelle 27th March 2011, 5:44 pm

I just had another braidout FAIL so I know how you feel...lol

I just saw a video this morning that cleared it all up for me--it was the SIZE of my braids that had them lookin all crazy! I was doing mine on wet hair too, and that part was fine. It just wasnt coming out the way I wanted to...too many individual strands flying everywhere because of the smaller braids. Doing bigger braids will give a more wavy feel, and that's what i wanted.

I know you were doing a twistout, but I thought maybe that could help too. What products are you using?
NewlyNaturelle
NewlyNaturelle

http://naturellev.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsrenaissance 29th March 2011, 9:46 am

Braidouts work best for me...but on damp, not wet hair. I usually bun my hair for the day, then braid it at night when it's damp. My hair takes days to dry so I never braid my hair wet.
mrsrenaissance
mrsrenaissance

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down