CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Do You Ladies Do For Family Night?

+4
Nikcoils
DreamMerchant
LuvMeLuvMyFro
nattyblog
8 posters

Go down

What Do You Ladies Do For Family Night? Empty What Do You Ladies Do For Family Night?

Post by nattyblog 11th July 2010, 5:31 pm

Hey All!

I'm curious to know what other families do for family nights? Currently, my family just gets together for a comedy. But I'm sure there are other things we could do together and I probably just need some inspiration. Very Happy

Oh yeah, we're most often all together at one time late at night on the weekends which is kinda limiting. But, maybe I'm just not thinking outside of the box. Rolling Eyes
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

What Do You Ladies Do For Family Night? Empty Re: What Do You Ladies Do For Family Night?

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 13th July 2010, 8:14 pm

My family on Tuesdays usually go to McDonalds because happy meals are $1.99 it's their family night. We eat dinner there and then follow that up by going to a beachside park or going home to play a game. We eat dinner around five or six so that we have time to make it to the park.
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

http://www.designsavvysalon.com

Back to top Go down

What Do You Ladies Do For Family Night? Empty Re: What Do You Ladies Do For Family Night?

Post by DreamMerchant 17th July 2010, 11:43 pm

We are boring geeks and we love playing Scarbble, Upwords or battleship. By the way, battleship can start getting really good when you play with your hubby and take off clothesfor every missile hit! lol. Our daughter is only 2 and she goes to bed at 730 so it is just me and DH anyway.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 26th July 2010, 2:38 pm

We usually play UNO my daughter is only 4 but it is a simple enough game for her to know how to play. I just got work on her not throwing a fit when she loses me and hubby cringe when either one of us get's down to 1 card. lol
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by ~NaturallyShe~ 30th July 2010, 12:54 am

What I try to do is mix it up, here are some of the things we do:
- board games
- Wii tournament
- movies (at home or at the theater)
- active games (guesstures, pictionary, charades, twister, etc)
- bowling
- family night at the rollerskating rink (where we live a family of 4 can get skates, pizza, and drinks for $20)
~NaturallyShe~
~NaturallyShe~

Back to top Go down

Post by perfection-goddess 30th July 2010, 9:57 am

yall know times are hard, so i just go to stop and shop and rent couple of their RED BOX movies for us to watch. which is only a dollar per day, per movie. then i buy a big bag of chips that we will minch on. and we do this twice a month, the kids love it, it's cheaper and i love it!!!! y'all can visit me at perfection-goddess.blogspot.com

perfection-goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by labon10 30th July 2010, 10:05 am

We have done a little of everything mentioned above. Now that I am getting a "female cave", they are helping me decide on paint, carpet and accessory colors. We make cards, having drawing contest or just sit and talk about life. My kids are 10 and 12, so they are asking questions about dumb decisions that either they or their friends have made.

Our schedules are very hectic, so even a trip to Target becomes a family outing. Until they start acting crazy in the store, then I leave them with their daddy. Although he is usually the ringleader.

labon10

Back to top Go down

Post by kuumba60 3rd August 2010, 1:35 pm

My little guy is only 2 so every night is still family night Smile But once a week we do some big baking thing. Sugar cookies (let him pick out the cookie cutters to use), scones, we made bagels a few weeks ago and the boys were in charge of toppings, banana cake, most recent were the cinnamon rolls (I have some pictures here: http://www.simpletruths.typepad.com/ ). It's a lot of fun and we usually end up having prepared breakfast for the entire week.
And trust me, you don't have to have a big kitchen to make it work. Out kitchen is closet sized so we do some on the dining table and some on the kitchen counter.

Last edited by kuumba60 on 3rd August 2010, 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : type-o)
kuumba60
kuumba60

http://www.simpletruths.typepad.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down