CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wow!!!! I can't believe I did it - finally!!!!

+14
EmbracingNaturalMe
honeyflower88
lena73
exhale1913
nattyblog
Remillard
jlowman1
lovelydivine
Renny
KinkyNappyHappy
Lynnieluve
Napp_Napp_Cat
tnictay
Naturalin2010
18 posters

Go down

Wow!!!! I can't believe I did it - finally!!!!  Empty Wow!!!! I can't believe I did it - finally!!!!

Post by Naturalin2010 10th July 2010, 12:36 pm

Hello everyone!!...Well, it's done. I did it. I had the BC done. I went this morning to the salon and kissed my permed ends buh bye. I had mixed emotions when I saw it. I mean I haven't seen my natural hair in over 30+ years! I have to get used to it. It wasn't as moist and "curly" that I've been seeing under my permed ends. It's in small afro now. I don't think it is a TWA, a little more hair. But, I had to come home and start putting my products in to get the curl pattern back. I'm not sure what I need to do, to do that. I had problems trying to upload a picture, so I'm just going to change the avitar. Let me know what ya'll think and please be honest [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

http://kaynatural1.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Wow!!!! I can't believe I did it - finally!!!!  Empty Re: Wow!!!! I can't believe I did it - finally!!!!

Post by tnictay 10th July 2010, 12:48 pm

I like it. Looking good!!!!! I didn't quite do a BC although I wish I had. I did a 1 yr transition slowly cutting the relaxed hair off. Good luck

Nikki

tnictay

Back to top Go down

Wow!!!! I can't believe I did it - finally!!!!  Empty Re: Wow!!!! I can't believe I did it - finally!!!!

Post by Napp_Napp_Cat 10th July 2010, 12:51 pm

It is cute on you!! I like it..congrats!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

@tnictay, I transitioned for about 19 months! and i kinda wish that I did the BC too
Napp_Napp_Cat
Napp_Napp_Cat

http://theabccollege.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 10th July 2010, 1:12 pm

Congratulations!! You look great!!

Make sure you deep condition your hair weekly. For the next couple of weeks, it is gonna be really dry (it just happens when you BC). Once you get the moisture balance, you curls will start to pop more and it will start to feel soft.

Your curls dont look like they did because the relaxed ends where stretching/weight them down.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 10th July 2010, 1:34 pm

Thanks ya'll! I have to get used to it. Hubby and youngest son just keep staring. I did get the blessings of my husband to cut it once he couldn't stand looking at the permed ends just kind of there. Now, that it's cut, he says he has to get used to it. I told them to go ahead and get all the jokes out (the boy jokes), but my hair is healthy and you won't be saying that in a couple of months! -LOL

@Lynnieluve, do you think it's okay to co-wash daily in addition to the weekly conditioner?
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 10th July 2010, 1:41 pm

Co washing will definitely help to get/keep it moisturized!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 10th July 2010, 4:50 pm

It looks very nice!!! Congratulations cheers When I did my big chop I didn't have a TWA.....don't know if I wanted to go that short. scratch

All in all you look GOOD!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 10th July 2010, 5:18 pm

Congrats! You look great.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelydivine 10th July 2010, 7:38 pm

Congratulations you look GREAT. You wear it well. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

lovelydivine

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 10th July 2010, 8:37 pm

Congrats on your BC!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Remillard 10th July 2010, 8:49 pm

Congrats on your BC! It looks really nice.

HHG![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Remillard
Remillard

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 10th July 2010, 9:03 pm

Congrats! You look great!

I think I had about that amount of hair when I chopped mine off too. If it's moisture you are looking for, when in between washes and/or co-washes, you could use Aveda Humectant Pomade. My fave style at the time was coils with that stuff. I also did short curly fro's with it. But I still think it was better with coils. It gave me a style and attracted moisture to my hair at the same time. Oh, and it had loads of shine and got rid of frizz which I really liked. I loved that my hair felt moisturized and it lasted for a long time. It has other ingredients besides natural ones so if you're squeamish about that, you might pass. But, I loved it while my hair was that length. Plus, it really did combat dryness for me.
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by exhale1913 10th July 2010, 11:57 pm

Congrats on your BC! I co-sign what Lynnie said, MOISTURE, MOISTURE, MOISTURE!! My hair was soooo dry when I bc'd, that if you look at my hairnow vs how it was then, you would think it's a different head of hair. Definitely deep condition as often as you can. What REALLY helped me alot was to deep condition under a hooded dryer with heat with olive oil and honey as the base with a little conditioner added just to hold it all together. I would go under the dryer for 30min with a plastic cap, then tie a scarf around the plastic cap and keep it on for another 30min or so then rinse. Deep conditioning and a good leave in will have you well on your way to moisture balanced hair!
exhale1913
exhale1913

Back to top Go down

Post by lena73 11th July 2010, 1:06 am

congrats on your bc! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lena73
lena73

http://public.fotki.com/Sharita73/

Back to top Go down

Post by honeyflower88 11th July 2010, 4:07 am

Congrats on your big chop! I BC'd yesterday too! I wish I could post a pic. Your hair looks lovely!

honeyflower88

Back to top Go down

Post by EmbracingNaturalMe 11th July 2010, 4:05 pm

Congrats!
EmbracingNaturalMe
EmbracingNaturalMe

Back to top Go down

Post by AshElleAye 11th July 2010, 5:55 pm

Congrats! woot!
AshElleAye
AshElleAye

Back to top Go down

Post by chscott_77 11th July 2010, 6:03 pm

Congrats on your BC! It looks great!
chscott_77
chscott_77

http://chscott77.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 11th July 2010, 6:38 pm

Congratulations! You look beautiful.
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 11th July 2010, 7:51 pm

Thanks everyone! It's a definite learning process. I guess it's going to take patience, something that I don't have a lot of. @chscott_77 what kind of products did you use in your hair right after you did your BC?. I looked at your fotki pics and you had some pretty curls when you BC'd. @nattyblog, how did you do your coils? I certainly appreciate all the support on this board. If it wasn't for this site, I don't think I could have gone through with it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 11th July 2010, 7:59 pm

Congrats on your BC!!! I think it's cute. And to answer your question about cowashing... I co wash every day and it has helped tremendously!!! My hair feels much softer. Now the fun part is finding prodcuts work with your hair!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down