CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

truet- long time no see

+15
sweetdrk1
StephanieB
adiaha
MahoganyCurls
Kea::curls
Lynnieluve
Intelligentbeauty
lovesunshine17
HumanNature
ChrsLvsBks
CocoEuro
beautifuleyez
SheeTacular
tiashaunteé
truet
19 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

truet- long time no see - Page 6 Empty Re: truet- long time no see

Post by tiashaunteé 3rd March 2010, 8:55 pm

New avatar? Is that more length I see?!?!?!?
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 3rd March 2010, 11:31 pm

Congrats!!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

truet- long time no see - Page 6 Empty thank you

Post by truet 4th March 2010, 1:28 am

thank you all truet- long time no see - Page 6 Icon_biggrin truet- long time no see - Page 6 Icon_biggrin truet- long time no see - Page 6 Icon_biggrin
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

Post by truet 4th March 2010, 1:36 am

sort of the same avatar just a differnt pose I took many pix of my hair out before i got my individual braids so i can remember how my hair looked out while I keep my hair in braids for the 3 months just change it as i count down to the end of challenge.
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 4th March 2010, 12:32 pm

truet wrote:sort of the same avatar just a differnt pose I took many pix of my hair out before i got my individual braids so i can remember how my hair looked out while I keep my hair in braids for the 3 months just change it as i count down to the end of challenge.

Ok, I was trying to figure out if my eyes were playing tricks on me. It hard to tell sometimes unless there is a comparison pic to use.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

truet- long time no see - Page 6 Empty 21 more days

Post by truet 9th March 2010, 1:50 am

yeah 21 more days until the end of my individual braid challenge. Okay i must confes i took a couple of braids out in the back just a couple(7). truet- long time no see - Page 6 Icon_razz truet- long time no see - Page 6 Icon_evil truet- long time no see - Page 6 Icon_rolleyes I will not take no more out scouts honor truet- long time no see - Page 6 Icon_pirat until the end of my challenge
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 9th March 2010, 10:35 am

Three weeks down until we see your natural hair truet- long time no see - Page 6 Icon_bounce .
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 9th March 2010, 10:36 am

Wow, can't wait ...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 9th March 2010, 11:43 am

Did you do any pics to should how they evolved throughout the challenge?
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

truet- long time no see - Page 6 Empty here are a few pics

Post by truet 9th March 2010, 3:51 pm

1. truet- long time no see - Page 6 Pict0010

Here is a braid i took out to check length
    truet- long time no see - Page 6 Pict00112truet- long time no see - Page 6 Braids103 (2 tooken to day 3 taken first day of braid) challenge
    truet- long time no see - Page 6 Pict0012truet- long time no see - Page 6 Pict0013

This pic ( if you guys can see) is pic of my fav curl it pop out like three weeks ago
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

truet- long time no see - Page 6 Empty countdown continues

Post by truet 13th March 2010, 6:17 pm

yeah I have 16 more day until the end of my individual braid challenge I can not wait until i take all of them out. Freedom here I come truet- long time no see - Page 6 Icon_biggrin

Now what should I do to my hair after i remove my briads. I need some Ideas. truet- long time no see - Page 6 Icon_rolleyes I know I going to let it breathe ahhh no twist just some up do or something i dont know for a week and than maybe twist any Ideas???????????? truet- long time no see - Page 6 Icon_wink
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 13th March 2010, 6:24 pm

Congratulations on making it this far..... truet- long time no see - Page 6 Icon_cheers 16 more days

Your hair is long enough to do buns now. What about buns?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by truet 13th March 2010, 7:22 pm

Hmm thanks Lynnieluve I might try that I wonder how long can you keep a bun up. I know i will not be able to sleep with one on my head.
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 13th March 2010, 7:26 pm

Check with Tia. She is doing a bun challenge this month.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 15th March 2010, 12:39 pm

truet wrote:Hmm thanks Lynnieluve I might try that I wonder how long can you keep a bun up. I know i will not be able to sleep with one on my head.

Sure you can. I did it and still do it. It's all about the positioning of the bun. The hardest ones to get used to are the side buns. That was just impossible to sleep in. So I put it on the side that I don't sleep on.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

truet- long time no see - Page 6 Empty 11 more days

Post by truet 18th March 2010, 7:20 pm

11 more days yeah!!!!! and spring is near yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! truet- long time no see - Page 6 Icon_biggrin
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 18th March 2010, 7:24 pm

That's amazing that you've done it for so long!!! I'm way to fickle to stay with one thing for too long ... lol I can't wait to see your hair after this challenge! Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

truet- long time no see - Page 6 Empty 10 dias mas

Post by truet 19th March 2010, 3:15 pm

Now that I have ten more days left of my individual braid challenge I was thinking what should I do to my hair next. I want to do something special I was thinking should I flat iron it (nooooooooooo truet- long time no see - Page 6 Icon_sad ) truet- long time no see - Page 6 Icon_sad maybe some other time. I want to embrace my coils. What should I do some color??? or just buy some shea butter?? I think I will buy some shea butter and save the coloring for the 2 year anniversary a little nervous about coloring truet- long time no see - Page 6 Icon_rolleyes

Anyone have simple styles that they can recommend.

Have a beautiful day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! truet- long time no see - Page 6 Icon_wink
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

truet- long time no see - Page 6 Empty out of the double digits 9 more days

Post by truet 20th March 2010, 3:16 pm

I have 9 more days left yeah until I take out these braids they are killing me softly. Happy Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! truet- long time no see - Page 6 Icon_biggrin truet- long time no see - Page 6 Icon_biggrin truet- long time no see - Page 6 Icon_biggrin
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

truet- long time no see - Page 6 Empty broken challenge but still proud

Post by truet 23rd March 2010, 2:43 pm

Okay I officially keep all my hair in individual braids for 77 days then I started to take a few out. My challenge started
Dec- 26 -2009 and here it March- 23- 2010
Although I still have majority of my individual braids in my hair Im starting to take them out I think I did good keeeping them in this long. Im taking sections out and putting them in plat braids by friday or sat I shall be finish with my hair. Im just wearing scarfs and hats as I go to school but Iam very proud of myself for making it this far!!! I also think since Im so impatient that this well help me with less tangles and less rushing when I take my hair down.truet- long time no see - Page 6 Icon_biggrin
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 23rd March 2010, 2:46 pm

I can't wait to see your hair! You must take pics for us
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by truet 23rd March 2010, 2:47 pm

oh yeah another reason why im so anxious is because I jsut got my shea butter form buttern-n-bars and I can not wait to use it sooooooooooooooooooooooo excited but I really dont like the smell oh well it makes my hair feel sooooooooooooo soft love it truet- long time no see - Page 6 Icon_razz truet- long time no see - Page 6 Icon_razz truet- long time no see - Page 6 Icon_razz
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 23rd March 2010, 2:49 pm

It's wierd - I have a pretty sensitive nose but I can not smell shea butter. A lot of people complain about the smell but it smells like nothing to me
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

truet- long time no see - Page 6 Empty Challenge OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by truet 25th March 2010, 7:20 pm

Starting on tues i began to take down my braids here it is thursday and I finally finish. everyday i would spend at least 3 hours to take down my hair truet- long time no see - Page 6 Icon_sad soon as i got home from school around 8-11pm oh boy my index and thumb fingers hurt now. but i did it and what a relief. I did not have that many tangles that I expected. One plus i found when my braids were in my hair i would oil my braid and sleep in a shower cap(everytwo weeks) and found that this must have be the key for the extra moisture in my braids. some spots were dry and those were the spots where i had some tangles other than that i proud. I can make a ponytai(still a little strugle) so i might be doing a bun challenge next. When I get home I will be doing a co-wash, than possible sat Im going to try for the first time ACV rinse any advice? i watched a lot of youtube vids i think im ready!! I will try to upload some pics on Sat-Sun

Thanks everyone for the support durning my challenge I truet- long time no see - Page 6 Herz this site it is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

truet- long time no see - Page 6 Empty realization( I really should be getting to class)

Post by truet 25th March 2010, 7:46 pm

I just realized that a year+ ago if i just took down my braids i would not leave my house with out trying to straighten it truet- long time no see - Page 6 Icon_mad now that i have more confidence(in wearning my hair natural) i see no problem with putting my hair in a nice ponytail and scarf and going my way!!! I very proud of my hair in its natural state and I would not change it for the world. And another thing when I was ready to take my braids out I was not think I can not wait to straighthen my hair I was like I can not wait to see my curly,coily,kinky hair!!! WOW my mind set is changing now my next goal is to rock a big afro outside my house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! truet- long time no see - Page 6 Icon_smile truet- long time no see - Page 6 Icon_smile okay i really need to get to class truet- long time no see - Page 6 Icon_bounce
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next