CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Was just wondering....

+2
ChrsLvsBks
blondie
6 posters

Go down

Was just wondering.... Empty Was just wondering....

Post by blondie 2nd July 2010, 2:42 am

I've been natural for over 5 years and realized something today.

I don't trim my hair.

I've had 5 haircuts since I went natural. My first BC, my second BC, my first bob haircut, the back of my bob chopped off, and when I microtrimmed my weak spot (that I've had forever) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] in my crown. I'm always checking my ends. The front (which gets the most exposure to the elements and manipulation) has no knots or splits of any kind and feel smooth between the fingers. I'm wondering is this because my hair is never "dry"? My hair is always covered in product and although not dripping or would rub off, has a light coating. I was wondering if I was doing something wrong by not trimming, but I don't see the point if the ends don't look or feel bad.

My stylist told me at the beginning to trim once or twice a year. I've read on the hair boards where some ladies trim every 6-8 weeks. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Natural Hair Vets...would you please chime in?? Do you think I should trim only if it's needed, or should I have a regular trim schedule?!?!

Thanks!
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Was just wondering.... Empty Re: Was just wondering....

Post by ChrsLvsBks 2nd July 2010, 11:49 am

I don't trim regularly. I last cut my hair in September '09 to even it out. Since noticing that my hair is uneven again, I do not plan to trim. My crown grows much faster than my sides and nape. I plan to seek and destroy splits and ssk's.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 2nd July 2010, 11:50 am

trim only as needed. one of my hair goals since november 2009 is to see if i can go a whole year without trimming by concentrating strengthening, moisture, sealing and protective efforts at the ends. am glad to say that thus far, my ends are feeling and looking super.

Last edited by dajewel on 2nd July 2010, 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : proofreading)
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 2nd July 2010, 11:52 am

@dajewel, your hair looks great! Go 'head miss lady [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] !
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 2nd July 2010, 11:56 am

@chrlvsbks, thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!! i didn't realize how much my hair grew from a year a go till now until i stumbled on some old pics from a year back!!! the goal is to get another six inches of unstretched hair...i believe i can get it a year from now. i guess i should post pics in my thread to show the progress....
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 2nd July 2010, 12:05 pm

I've been natural forever and I have never trimmed on a regular schedule. Now I just clip problem ends (splits, ssks, etc).

But on a schedule....nope.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyV69 2nd July 2010, 12:26 pm

I only trim as needed. If you want to grow your hair out, trimming often would defeat the purpose.

LadyV69

Back to top Go down

Post by jcanalena79 2nd July 2010, 1:50 pm

jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 2nd July 2010, 8:00 pm

Thank you ladies...I think I'm in that group that doesn't have a break point (Jcanalena79). Good to know I'm not doing something wrong! Smile
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down