CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transitioning w/ organic and cone-free = no texture and shine...???

3 posters

Go down

Transitioning w/ organic and cone-free = no texture and shine...??? Empty Transitioning w/ organic and cone-free = no texture and shine...???

Post by SherylsTresses 29th June 2010, 3:52 pm

Hello everyone! I'm new to the site and this is my first post. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm 47 weeks post relaxer and I normally wear my hair in a braided ponytail with a middle part. I've recently cut my hair from full MBL to full APL. I've vowed to go organic and cone-free. So far, my texture and shine hasn't been the same. I'm not sure if I can
handle this organic/cone-free regimen. IDK, I may just use minimal
cones and just shampoo weekly. Anyone, feel free to let me know what you think.

Regimen:
Detangle with conditioner/evoo/tea tree oil/p'mint oil/garlic
powder
Put saturated hair into 6 loose braid with barrettes on ends
Cowash with Suave Naturals mixed with EVOO
Giovanni Leave-in mixed with EVOO
Airdry with a middle part using scarf method
Bun or braided ponytail
Cowash 2x week
Shampoo/clarify every 6 weeks and light protein treatment using AO GPB

Transitioning goal:
2 1/2 years transitioning
Cut at full APL stretched
Trim 1/2" every month

Last edited by SherylsTresses on 30th June 2010, 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
SherylsTresses
SherylsTresses

Back to top Go down

Transitioning w/ organic and cone-free = no texture and shine...??? Empty Re: Transitioning w/ organic and cone-free = no texture and shine...???

Post by jenerett 29th June 2010, 5:55 pm

Hi,

I feel where you are coming from. I've been transitioning and I'm in my 14th month. I'm between APL and BSL and half of length is relaxed and the other half is natural. I did no cones and cowashing for 6 weeks and I've come to the conclusion that I need to just listen to my hair. I'm going to use up the products that I have containing cones/mineral oil etc and later after I'm fully done transitioning I will start the curly girl method again. I don't think the CG method works well on the relaxed ends, it made them to weighed down and gunky. The old products I have work well, so I'm going to stick with what works and make improvements only when necessary.
jenerett
jenerett

Back to top Go down

Transitioning w/ organic and cone-free = no texture and shine...??? Empty Re: Transitioning w/ organic and cone-free = no texture and shine...???

Post by SherylsTresses 29th June 2010, 10:54 pm

Thanks sooo much for your reply. I'll do a trial period also and see what happens. I really hate to part with some of my favorite products that contain cones.
SherylsTresses
SherylsTresses

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 30th June 2010, 9:31 pm

Have you tried EVCO? I changed to EVCO from EVOO and my hair really shines.
HTH
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by SherylsTresses 2nd July 2010, 9:16 am

Thanks for your reply! I have some EVCO so I will incorporate it into my regimen. Thanks again.
SherylsTresses
SherylsTresses

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down