CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

meet my hair

+6
s4pphir3
WhosThatRedHead
cyclingchick
CrissyQ
Napp_Napp_Cat
thetiffany
10 posters

Go down

meet my hair Empty meet my hair

Post by thetiffany 27th June 2010, 9:06 am

all though i love my hair, i am very very self conscious about it and how it makes me look. i really want to get the courage to wear my styles to work but i keep changing my mind and pressing it out....uggghhh

heres my crazy hair
first set of twist
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

after getting wet

then i just took them out

this is my second time twisting, did them bigger for the sake of saving time

thanks for viewing any advice/tips are appreciated. im am in search of new styles.
thetiffany
thetiffany

http://embracingmycurly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

meet my hair Empty Re: meet my hair

Post by Napp_Napp_Cat 27th June 2010, 9:45 am

1st, I have to say that your hair is beautiful. I know of a lot of people who would love for their hair to look just like yours! If you don'y mind me asking, why dont you like your hair?

I would recommend that you go on youtube and look up some natural hairstyles. There are tons of hairstyles that you can achieve! A few youtubers that I watch are, blackonyx, prettydimples, and inovativethinkin. Or you can search different styles in the search box and watch those videos.

It takes time for everyone to 100% embrace their new look so I completely understand. Have you tried different accessories to put into your hair? That might help as well. Keep posting, searching and communicating with people on the message boards and read more articles on how to do your hair and keep it healthy. A lot of times when you surround yourself with other positive people who have already embraced themseleves (and their natural hair) you will eventually as well.

I know this message is long..so I will go ahead and end it hehe! Just know that you arent the only one who feels this way. I wish you the best of luck!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Napp_Napp_Cat
Napp_Napp_Cat

http://theabccollege.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 27th June 2010, 11:29 am

Are you serious, I love your hair.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 27th June 2010, 11:30 am

Your hair is gorgeous!
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 27th June 2010, 11:53 am

OMG.....your hair is beautiful!!!! I agree with NNC youtube is your friend when trying to find styling tips and how to videos. But I LOVE your hair!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 27th June 2010, 1:27 pm

thanks ladies! your compliments mean so much

napp napp cat- dont get me wrong i dont dislike my hair, im just self conscious about it becasue i dont know anyone personally who wears their hair natural. there was also times when i 'd go to salons for press n curls and stylists would make jokes about how thick my hair is. i even had one stylist ask me "why dont i perm my hair ever" it was like she had an attitude becasue she had to flat iron ALL my hair. some other stylist said after she finished my hair "now that was work" lol i was ashmaned back then, but now i think back and laugh because i do appreciate my thick hair Smile
thetiffany
thetiffany

http://embracingmycurly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by s4pphir3 27th June 2010, 2:09 pm

Tiffany that sounds like jealousy to me, there's no reason for her to make jokes about your hair. There are plenty of women, myself included, that want a full thick head of hair. I have very fine strands and for the life of me I can't get my hair to hold beautiful twists like yours. I was even thinking about going to a salon and having kinky twists put in but I want it to be my own hair. I've been natural for almost 6 yrs and I don't feel right having hair added in.

Your hair is lovely. With that kind of thickness twist/braid outs will look very nice on you.

s4pphir3
s4pphir3

http://members.fotki.com/s4pphir3/about

Back to top Go down

Post by summabrown 27th June 2010, 3:02 pm

Girl you betta wear that hair to work. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] There is absolutely nothing wrong with your hair i think it is beautiful. And there are so many styles that u can wear to work i see them all the time on this site just ask someone from the CSJ like lynnieluv or chrslvsblk or a Big Sister. Your hair mawvalous. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
summabrown
summabrown

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 27th June 2010, 5:59 pm

thetiffany wrote:thanks ladies! your compliments mean so much

napp napp cat- dont get me wrong i dont dislike my hair, im just self conscious about it becasue i dont know anyone personally who wears their hair natural. there was also times when i 'd go to salons for press n curls and stylists would make jokes about how thick my hair is. i even had one stylist ask me "why dont i perm my hair ever" it was like she had an attitude becasue she had to flat iron ALL my hair. some other stylist said after she finished my hair "now that was work" lol i was ashmaned back then, but now i think back and laugh because i do appreciate my thick hair Smile

Your hair is great and your twists look fabulous. If you don't want them I'll take them...send them right on over. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

That stylist was rude. Don't give them any more of your $$. How are you going to have an attitude about doing my hair (because it's thick and healthy by the way) and I'm paying you for it. Haters, smh.

Embrace your hair. Continue to check out styles on here (Lynnieluve, Tiashauntee) and YT so you can get inspired and empowered to rock it confidently. Check out Curly Nikki's styles too, maybe you could try those.

Last edited by DvaAuNaturel on 27th June 2010, 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 27th June 2010, 8:18 pm

Your hair looks great. I don't see anything to be self-conscious about. When I was growing up I was always the only one in the group/crowd with natural hair and I used to feel self-conscious too. I used to press the life out of my hair just to "fit in". I got over that when I was graduating from highschool and started to wear it curly more. I got compliments and realized that people actually envied my hair. Your hair is different from everyone else's and thats OK. Celebrate it and you'll find out they'll wish they had it too. Embrace that beautiful hair.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 27th June 2010, 8:38 pm

OMG, your hair is beautiful. As I scrolled down the pictures all I could think was "Please let my hair look that good." You are so blessed. Don't let anyone tell you that you and your hair are not beautiful. It's a lie.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down