CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ohio

4 posters

Go down

Ohio Empty Ohio

Post by HappyCurly 18th June 2010, 1:41 pm

Share your experience with a natural or curly salon by providing the following:

-Name of Salon and location (city, and contact)
-Name of stylist
-Experience (the good and the bad)
-If you'd recommend to a friend

Can they give a curly girl a good hair cut, on dry hair, going curl by curl so the clumping pattern isn't cut at different lengths?

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Ohio Empty Re: Ohio

Post by oooop2 23rd June 2010, 12:31 am

It's About Hair (2811 Woodburn Ave Cincinnati, OH 513-751-5566).
Ruthie is the stylist

This was my first visit into a salon since growing my hair out in Nov 2005. Got the recommendation from a lady I met. Visited Ruthie for a consultation and she did my hair in twist the following week.

The good: My twist were PERFECT. So shiny and bouncy. I literally didn't have to apply product for over a week+. She charged me $65.

The bad: Took about 4hrs to do my hair. Since I've been doing my own hair for so long, I wasn't used to that. Also, if you are TENDER HEADED, then she may be a bit heavy handed for you when combing out your hair. And yes, she does use a comb to detangle. Also, Ruthie DOES NOT CUT or flatiron. So if you need that done, she recommends you visiting the other stylist in the shop Laverne.

Although the salon is older, not plush like other salons, the care, treatment, and end results make it worth while. I would DEFINITELY recommend this salon to anyone looking for a natural stylist.

Ohio Feb32010
Initial and after 1 week

Ohio IMG_7643
After 2wks

Ohio IMG_7645
After 3wks

oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by cbs 12th July 2010, 10:35 am

I have to echo everything oooop2 said about Ruthie. I did not read this post before visiting and I would definitely echo the comment on being tender headed, luckily I am not.

Ohio IMG_1707
Ohio IMG_1709
Ohio IMG_1714

cbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Anisha618 13th August 2010, 7:49 pm

I just made an appointment at Natural Roots Styling Studio in Cleveland. I am scheduled for the 27th for a trim and henna... maybe twists too.. I will update about my experience.

Here is the link for anybody that is interested

http://www.yourrootsrock.com/home

Anisha618

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down