CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

:: Lynnieluve and Roxie:: Big ole puff

+92
Ms.Mai
Kea::curls
StephanieB
kim
crvng4mr
oooop2
cyclingchick
SisterBoyd
ciacia
Cnicoles6
HappyCurly
jaybella
Mz. CiCi
thetiffany
Happy2B
summerbreeze76
ShortNSassie
freckledmom4
xtremelyperfect
Deva_87
Cherry: extraordinary!
Afronique
WhosThatRedHead
Sasha B.
CocoEuro
naturalbelle1983
wyldhoney
blondie
dajewel
newcurlieque
curlsunfurled
Buttercup76
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
tiashaunteƩ
curly-me-naturally
Renny
nattyblog
~JOME~
mstokes2008
CurlyChefRobin
NaturalNixon
sweetdrk1
EmbracingNaturalMe
BajanPrincess82
MomnWife
Juices-n-Berries
Karyn
QuietButterfly
Muz
TriniCherryPrincess
CocaColaCutie
Janet36603
Curlz of Luv
MahoganyCurls
poeticlyspkng
MellowOne
Notthecoolmom
exhale1913
SheeTacular
Nikcoils
kinksncurls
jlowman1
krazy coils
NhappyJackie
BrownSkinDiva
BlondeByDesire
Intelligentbeauty
Curly_Aquarius
coilykinks
AfrikanLatina
priceless
TerraD
CurlsGalore
traveljunkie08
KinkyNappyHappy
mrsmackey
LadyMika
ktoliver5303
swoodward
iri9109
DvaAuNaturel
NubieNatty
LaToya28
TheRYL1
naturalmommyGA
bholmes87
Serenity23
CrissyQ
.:Eden:.
NylaCoils
Lynnieluve
ChrsLvsBks
96 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

:: Lynnieluve and Roxie:: Big ole puff - Page 38 Empty Re: :: Lynnieluve and Roxie:: Big ole puff

Post by Lynnieluve 18th September 2010, 12:23 am

exhale1913 wrote:
Lynnieluve wrote:Thanks Dva and Renny!!!

@ exhale1913 - how do you the AO GPG? On the bottle, it says if you use it as a deep conditioner, to apply it to dry hair before you shampoo. That's how I plan to use it.

I've used it both ways...initially, I thought it would serve as a protein treatment for me so I used it on dry hair before shampooing. It was GREAT!!! When I rinsed it out, my hair literally felt like butter, and my curls were popping like crazy! My hair felt so soft and smooth, that I didn't want to shampoo it! Now, I use it after shampooing because it doesn't function like a protein conditioner to me. When I used it after shampooing, I use my microfiber towel to soak up as much water as possible so that my hair is as damp/dry as possible, and use it like a deep conditioner, sometimes sleeping in it overnight. I've NEVER had a bad result, and I really think my hair hates protein. I wanted to love the Giovannit direct leave in because I love creamy leave ins, but no matter what, it makes my hair feel like straw!!.

BTW, I called AO to get the pH of all of their conditioners, and the GPB's pH is 4.4. I attribute that as being the reason why it makes my hair feel so smooth. The other conditioners that have similar pH is the Rose Masqeta - pH 4.8 and Island Naturals - pH 4.5. I haven't gotten around to using those yet, because I'm so in love with the GPB!! The GPB shampoo is also pretty good at 5.6 but I haven't tried that either!

Thanks!! I will try it before I shampoo this time, then try it after I shampoo next time and see if I notice a difference. My hair loves Giovanni Direct Leave In...especially with coconut oil!!! I've found that if protein is listed low on the ingredient list, my hair can handle it being left in. If protein is high on the list, I have to wash it out!!! I left AO HoneysuckleRose in my hair overnight and the next morning my hair felt brittle and dry. Milk protein is the 4th ingredient on the AO GPB, so I would be scared to leave it in my hair longer than an hr. :: Lynnieluve and Roxie:: Big ole puff - Page 38 Icon_lol It's amazing how different our hair reacts to products.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

:: Lynnieluve and Roxie:: Big ole puff - Page 38 Empty Re: :: Lynnieluve and Roxie:: Big ole puff

Post by exhale1913 18th September 2010, 12:37 am

Lynnieluve wrote:
exhale1913 wrote:
Lynnieluve wrote:Thanks Dva and Renny!!!

@ exhale1913 - how do you the AO GPG? On the bottle, it says if you use it as a deep conditioner, to apply it to dry hair before you shampoo. That's how I plan to use it.

I've used it both ways...initially, I thought it would serve as a protein treatment for me so I used it on dry hair before shampooing. It was GREAT!!! When I rinsed it out, my hair literally felt like butter, and my curls were popping like crazy! My hair felt so soft and smooth, that I didn't want to shampoo it! Now, I use it after shampooing because it doesn't function like a protein conditioner to me. When I used it after shampooing, I use my microfiber towel to soak up as much water as possible so that my hair is as damp/dry as possible, and use it like a deep conditioner, sometimes sleeping in it overnight. I've NEVER had a bad result, and I really think my hair hates protein. I wanted to love the Giovannit direct leave in because I love creamy leave ins, but no matter what, it makes my hair feel like straw!!.

BTW, I called AO to get the pH of all of their conditioners, and the GPB's pH is 4.4. I attribute that as being the reason why it makes my hair feel so smooth. The other conditioners that have similar pH is the Rose Masqeta - pH 4.8 and Island Naturals - pH 4.5. I haven't gotten around to using those yet, because I'm so in love with the GPB!! The GPB shampoo is also pretty good at 5.6 but I haven't tried that either!

Thanks!! I will try it before I shampoo this time, then try it after I shampoo next time and see if I notice a difference. My hair loves Giovanni Direct Leave In...especially with coconut oil!!! I've found that if protein is listed low on the ingredient list, my hair can handle it being left in. If protein is high on the list, I have to wash it out!!! I left AO HoneysuckleRose in my hair overnight and the next morning my hair felt brittle and dry. Milk protein is the 4th ingredient on the AO GPB, so I would be scared to leave it in my hair longer than an hr. :: Lynnieluve and Roxie:: Big ole puff - Page 38 Icon_lol It's amazing how different our hair reacts to products.

Yeah, I didn't like the HSR either...btw the pH of that one is 6.5...see now you have me wanting to give the giovanni direct another shot with the coconut oil...do you mix it together, or layer it?
exhale1913
exhale1913

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 18th September 2010, 12:47 am

Your little man is adorable. I'm glad to hear he's adjusting to going to school and that you did okay when he wasn't feeling it that one day. Very Happy I know that's got to be hard. I tell you though, you have the best job in the world (IMO) - Mommy!

And you're rolling with your 5K training...wow! Keep up the good work. I know you'll do great on race day.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 18th September 2010, 1:09 am

See Lynn..... I was doing fine until I came over here. Now I'm on HairVeda's site ordering stuff. I knew this sale was going on, and I tried to stay away but you can't beat those prices!!! My shopping cart is at $26 and that is for 4 items!! AWESOME!!

Is that your son's first day of school picture? That is so cute. I would take pictures every year on the first day of school. When my oldest son went off to college he called Xander and asked him did I take pictures on his first day of high school. Not sure if they liked it or not, but I've got my memories.

I can't wait to see the Cinna-Bun on you. You have so much hair I know that it is going to look real nice!!!

Well...off to finish my HairVeda purchase!!! LOL

Have a great weekend!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 18th September 2010, 1:10 am

@ exhale1913- I layer it.

@ Dva - Thanks!!! Yes I love my job...it's frustrating at times, especially with a child with special needs but I wouldnt trade it for anything. Like my signature says, "God will never give you more than you can bear." And I truly believe that. God gave me a very special little boy because he knew I could handle it.

His dad always handles the bedtime routine. Tonight, I went in his room to get my goodnight hugs and kisses, then my son pushed his dad next to me and said, "muah" He wanted us to kiss. Then he made us kiss 2 more times. Then he told me, "Goodbye Momma!" LOL!!! He was ready for his dad to read his nightime stories. LOL!! All I could do was smile and be grateful. I thank God because just 5 short months ago, he was not talking. God is so good!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by exhale1913 18th September 2010, 1:34 am

Lynnieluve wrote:@ exhale1913- I layer it.

@ Dva - Thanks!!! Yes I love my job...it's frustrating at times, especially with a child with special needs but I wouldnt trade it for anything. Like my signature says, "God will never give you more than you can bear." And I truly believe that. God gave me a very special little boy because he knew I could handle it.

His dad always handles the bedtime routine. Tonight, I went in his room to get my goodnight hugs and kisses, then my son pushed his dad next to me and said, "muah" He wanted us to kiss. Then he made us kiss 2 more times. Then he told me, "Goodbye Momma!" LOL!!! He was ready for his dad to read his nightime stories. LOL!! All I could do was smile and be grateful. I thank God because just 5 short months ago, he was not talking. God is so good!!!

okay, I'm going to give it one more try with the EVCO...I LOVE coconut oil! That is soooo awesome about your son! My best description for it, is that my babies are my heart outside my body! It's great that he's doing soooo well!
exhale1913
exhale1913

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 18th September 2010, 2:24 am

That's a great way to put it!!! My heart outside of my body!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 20th September 2010, 6:46 pm

Hey Lynnie!

I got chills when i read your story...your son sounds like an awesome little one!!!!!! I hope you're having a great day...
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 20th September 2010, 7:36 pm

13 months already! Where does the time go? Roxie and those signature to die for twists look amazing as usual! I happy to read about lil man's progress...his cyber auntie is cheering him on! You are doing an amazing jib! Bless you!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 22nd September 2010, 12:18 am

Hey curlies!!!

Here are pics of my mini twist out Sunday

:: Lynnieluve and Roxie:: Big ole puff - Page 38 Img_5824

:: Lynnieluve and Roxie:: Big ole puff - Page 38 Img_5825

:: Lynnieluve and Roxie:: Big ole puff - Page 38 Img_5826

Here is a pic of my hair after I took my puff out this morning. This was after my morning run.

:: Lynnieluve and Roxie:: Big ole puff - Page 38 Img_5827

Pic of my hair before I deep conditioned. Wet hair - no product

:: Lynnieluve and Roxie:: Big ole puff - Page 38 Img_5828

:: Lynnieluve and Roxie:: Big ole puff - Page 38 Img_5829

Here is my style for the week - medium/large twist. I was gonna do a pin up do but I am lazy :: Lynnieluve and Roxie:: Big ole puff - Page 38 Icon_tongue

:: Lynnieluve and Roxie:: Big ole puff - Page 38 Img_5830

:: Lynnieluve and Roxie:: Big ole puff - Page 38 Img_5831

Today was WASH DAY!!

I shampooed with Creme of Nature Ultra Moisturizing Shampoo (I'm out now. I GOTTA get some MORE!!)
Conditioned with AO GPB conditioner - the instructions says it should be used on dry hair to deep condition but I had so much build up, I didnt think it would be effective so I used it on wet hair for about 15 minutes - no heat
Followed up with EVOO and EVCO combo WITH heat for about 15-20 minutes

Applied Kimmaytube's leave in conditioner and coconut oil to twist my hair into the medium/large twist

Since I didnt use my shea butter mix (being lazy), I am gonna moisturize and seal every other day.

SCHOOL DAYS

After 3 short weeks, I am taking my son out of his current school and sending him to the daycare where my mom works. It just wasnt the right fit.....and that's all I'll say about that!!! :: Lynnieluve and Roxie:: Big ole puff - Page 38 Icon_evil :: Lynnieluve and Roxie:: Big ole puff - Page 38 Icon_evil

FITNESS JOURNEY

Today I decided to run outside. I did a total of 3.25 miles and ran about 2 of those miles with a few breaks in between. Running outside in MS humidity aint no joke. All the sweating I did, I know I lost a pound :: Lynnieluve and Roxie:: Big ole puff - Page 38 Icon_lol

Tomorrow, I will start Week 8 of Couch to 5k.....in the gym, in the air conditioning. :: Lynnieluve and Roxie:: Big ole puff - Page 38 Icon_lol

That's my weekly update!!! Later curlies!!

Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 22nd September 2010, 12:21 am

how'd you like the AOGPB?? that twistout was cute! it looked like u set the end on perm rods or somethin
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 22nd September 2010, 12:25 am

Thanks Iri!! No perm rods here. LOL!!

I want to use the AO GPB again before I give my final verdict. So far so good though. I am gonna try it again in 2 weeks....I want to try it on dry hair...hopefully I wont have build up like I did today.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 22nd September 2010, 10:53 am

Good Morning Lynnie....Just passing through and looking at you gorgeous pics. Love the twist out and your hair has gotten huge!!!! Your son sounds like such a beautiful person you are truly blessed.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 22nd September 2010, 3:25 pm

Hey Lynnie - just passing thru ... chunky twists look good.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by kim 22nd September 2010, 5:40 pm

nice twists... and you gotta do what's best for your child, God is indeed working, bless up
kim
kim

http://msdumfries.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 22nd September 2010, 7:09 pm

Thanks NJackie, BBD and Kim!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 22nd September 2010, 8:19 pm

Hey there...sorry to hear the school wasn't a good fit, but it sounds like he's in a better place. Smile

Hair is gorgeous, as usual! that twistout... I love you
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 23rd September 2010, 12:25 am

Great update! Sorry about the school!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 23rd September 2010, 8:34 pm

Hey Lynnie,

Roxie's looking good. Your hair looks so healthy and strong.

Sorry to hear about your son's school.

You are rolling with the running. I can only imagine running in humid weather, that's gotta be tough.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 23rd September 2010, 9:59 pm

Hope the young sir's experience is better this time. His picture is so cute~! What a sweetie!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 24th September 2010, 5:16 pm

Wow your son is your male mini-me. LOL, he's adorable.

And your hair is looking great! I think I may be just throwing some chunky twists in my head when I wash this weekend myself. Smile
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 26th September 2010, 12:08 am

I'm late, so bear with me:

1. Thanks for checking in on me on FB =)
2. Little man is adorable; loved the "muah" story!!!
3. Sorry school didn't work out, but I'm sure things have worked out.
4. Your exercise routine is on POINT!!! I'm tryna get like you when I grow up...

and girrrrl, you already know your hair is the bidness, need I say more? It's growing like crazy too!!!!
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 29th September 2010, 6:23 pm

cyclingchick wrote:Hey there...sorry to hear the school wasn't a good fit, but it sounds like he's in a better place. Smile

Hair is gorgeous, as usual! that twistout... I love you

Thanks!!

sweetdrk1 wrote:Great update! Sorry about the school!

Thanks!!

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Hey Lynnie,

Roxie's looking good. Your hair looks so healthy and strong.

Sorry to hear about your son's school.

You are rolling with the running. I can only imagine running in humid weather, that's gotta be tough.

Thanks!! That humidity aint NO joke!!

swoodward wrote:Hope the young sir's experience is better this time. His picture is so cute~! What a sweetie!

Thanks!! Very Happy

Muz wrote: Wow your son is your male mini-me. LOL, he's adorable.

And your hair is looking great! I think I may be just throwing some chunky twists in my head when I wash this weekend myself. Smile

Thanks!!! He actually looks just like his dad. Just a lighter version.

:: Lynnieluve and Roxie:: Big ole puff - Page 38 7_mont10

CurlieCutes1121 wrote:I'm late, so bear with me:

1. Thanks for checking in on me on FB =)
2. Little man is adorable; loved the "muah" story!!!
3. Sorry school didn't work out, but I'm sure things have worked out.
4. Your exercise routine is on POINT!!! I'm tryna get like you when I grow up...

and girrrrl, you already know your hair is the bidness, need I say more? It's growing like crazy too!!!!

Thanks!!! Yay!! I'm glad you stopped by!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 29th September 2010, 6:54 pm

My weekly update

The Adventures of Potty Training

My son is doing so GOOD!! Now he is telling me when he has to potty (about 50% of the time) and he is going poopie in the potty too!! I have to make him but he is doing it. He was holding it til bedtime. PROGRESS, PROGRESS, PROGRESS!!!

School Days

Yesterday was his first day at his new school (my mom works there too) and he had a good day. His teacher is a older lady and has a genuine love for children. She not just there to get a check. She encourages him to play with the other children and she even got him to eat pears Shocked. For those of you that dont know, my son still doesnt know how to chew and is a SUPER PICKY EATER because of it. So that is HUGE!!! When he left yesterday, his classmates said, "BYE HAROLD!" I thought that was so cute!! Wink

Fitness Journey

Yesterday I ran a 5k (3.1 miles) at the gym!!! I had stopped after running 2 miles to use the bathroom but hopped back on and ran another 1.1 miles!! If you've had a baby, you know you bladder doesnt work like it use to. I was on the treadmill running, thinking, I can wait 10 more minutes. Then I thought are you crazy!!! Laughing I am gonna try running 3 miles outside tomorrow. Wish me luck because I am gonna need it!!

And NOW what you really care about........ROXIE!!! Laughing

In Hair News...

Friday, I decided to try naptural85's twistout technique/method but it didnt turn out that great. I am gonna try it again this weekend since my hair is stretched out (more about that later). But here is my recovery style I wore this weekend.

:: Lynnieluve and Roxie:: Big ole puff - Page 38 Img_5834

:: Lynnieluve and Roxie:: Big ole puff - Page 38 Img_5835

So I washed my hair yesterday...

Shampoo - Taliah Waajid - It's ok but I wont repurchase it.
Conditioned/Detangled with Aussie Moist (LOVE THAT STUFF)
Deep conditioner - Giovanni Smooth As Silk (I'm out of Shea Moisture Deep Tx Masque Sad - Gotta re-up)

Applied modified Kimmaytube leave in, coconut oil and ecocustard because I tried a ROLLERSET!! - FAILED - because it didnt dry all the way. I had to pick my son up from school. I am gonna try it again soon. Here is a pic after I took the rollers out. I look like Big Worm from "Friday" Laughing

:: Lynnieluve and Roxie:: Big ole puff - Page 38 Img_5836

This is how I wore it to pick my son up...

:: Lynnieluve and Roxie:: Big ole puff - Page 38 Img_5913

:: Lynnieluve and Roxie:: Big ole puff - Page 38 Img_5914

When I got back home, I decided to comb it out to see how it looked...straight in the front (where it dried) and afro textured in the back (where it didnt dry)

:: Lynnieluve and Roxie:: Big ole puff - Page 38 Img_5915

After I played in it for a while, I ended up doing a pin up do for the week...

:: Lynnieluve and Roxie:: Big ole puff - Page 38 Img_5916

:: Lynnieluve and Roxie:: Big ole puff - Page 38 Img_5917

That's my weekly update!!! Later curlies!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 29th September 2010, 7:15 pm

Hey Sis!! run
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next