CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oily Skin

4 posters

Go down

Oily Skin Empty Oily Skin

Post by patmichele 17th June 2010, 12:36 pm

Ok don't know if it's the weather or what but ever since I've been wearing my hair curly but skin is suuuuuuuuper, I mean suuuuuuuper oily. I can literally see the oils on my skin when i wipe with my hand (this is an all day thing). My question is: can the products I'm using cause oily skin? The oils that i use are EVCO, EVOO, and hair milk. Question 2: What can i use to help my oily skin (natural products only)
patmichele
patmichele

Back to top Go down

Oily Skin Empty Re: Oily Skin

Post by HappyCurly 18th June 2010, 10:58 am

yes, products on hair can move from hair to skin. to deal with this, i've been trying to keep hair off of my face when its oily. what's helped the most is just usign less oil. now i just oil the scalp but not put anything on hair. not sure if this is good for hair or not. not sure if this will work after the big cut. but my skin is happier.

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by patmichele 18th June 2010, 11:38 am

Thank you! I do try to keep my hair off my face as much as i can; but i have a huge oily spot in the center of my forehead with 3 huge under the skin pimples (what the ???????). That has been my thought to use less oils. I have been using them daily to seal my ends, maybe this has to stop. I've never did the BC (no chemical on hair), so we'll see. Thanks again
patmichele
patmichele

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 18th June 2010, 11:41 am

or if you really need the seal on ends, maybe just once a week instead of daily? or just seal ends in back?

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by MeMyHair&theCity 18th June 2010, 11:43 am

Yes, products can contribute to oily skin.

My skin itself is oily. After twisting my hair with my shea butter and coconut oil mix my face ends up looking like I dipped it in cooking grease. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I don't have a natural product solution for you. But, to combat oily skin I apply a loose powder to my face. I do this in the morning, after washing my face, before I style or remositure my hair. It helps decrease the oil transferred to my face from hair products and it cuts backs on the oil that accumulates throughout the day.
MeMyHair&theCity
MeMyHair&theCity

http://memyhairandthecity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Poundcake921 18th June 2010, 1:19 pm

I have very oily skin too in general..when I first BC'D, I was using too many oils in my spray mix and had a serious serious breakout which caused me to run to my derma!...I'm on a specific medicine regimen now but overall I only use 1-2 oils in my spray mix and always wipe my face immediately when the products start to run down my face. When using oils/moisturizer/gel, make sure you blend (or emulsify) them in your hands first to evenly distribute the product throughout your hair; this will also help reduce the oils from dripping down your face. And washing your face every night also helps remove whatever dirt/product is left on your skin after a long day. Lastly, I also use blotting sheets and a loose powder to combat my oiliness throughout the day but skin no matter what I try will always have a sheen to it! lolll
Poundcake921
Poundcake921

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down