CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHAT TO USE FOR OILY SKIN?

4 posters

Go down

WHAT TO USE FOR OILY SKIN? Empty WHAT TO USE FOR OILY SKIN?

Post by naturally curly 16th June 2010, 9:24 am

Hello to all. I have oily skin, i use witch hazel as an astringent, along with a daily oil control lotion from proactive twice a day. The makeup i use is for oily skin. I still end up looking like an oil slick by the end of the day. Please feel free to send suggestions? Thanks ladies. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
naturally curly
naturally curly

Back to top Go down

WHAT TO USE FOR OILY SKIN? Empty Re: WHAT TO USE FOR OILY SKIN?

Post by ChrsLvsBks 16th June 2010, 10:58 am

I use Mary Kay mattifier. It was a suggestion by someone in another thread under this topic. You can search for it. Many ladies chimed in.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 16th June 2010, 11:31 am

I suffer from oily, acne-prone skin and recently visited LUSH in NYC. They specialize in natural products and I was lucky enough to sample a facial soap called Coalface. I've only used for 3 days and it's not like your usual soap or even black soap. My face feels clean not dry and I follow with a tea tree toner from the same company that leaves my face feeling refreshed and soft.

You could try using a mattifier or primer to combat the oiliness. I saw or read an article about applying cornstarch to the face to soak up the oil.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhythm&Drama 14th July 2010, 6:06 pm

I have riduculously oily skin. What I have found is that using witch hazel astrigent works for me too. I also use bare minerals matifying foundation (it is a loose powder). This makeup is the only thing I have found that does not further aggravate my sensitive/oily skin. As a matter of fact it has improved it a little. I also use the blot sheets through out the day (Walgreens or albertson's brand) otherwise I would be one slicky ricky!
Rhythm&Drama
Rhythm&Drama

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down