CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preserving the Style

5 posters

Go down

Preserving the Style Empty Preserving the Style

Post by loveK 13th June 2010, 5:31 pm

I need advice on how to preserve twist n' curls, braid outs, and twist outs. My style lasts exactly one day. After a good nights sleep (on a satin pillow case and a scarf), my hair is tangled and frizzy by morning. No amount of bunning, pineappling, letting it hang loose will save it.I like to just go to bed at night. I don't want to spend 30 minutes spritzing, braiding, twisting or curling.Any advice? How do you all preserve a style. I hear the stories of styles lasting 3 and 4 days so I know it's possible.
loveK
loveK

Back to top Go down

Preserving the Style Empty Re: Preserving the Style

Post by BajanPrincess82 13th June 2010, 6:46 pm

When I wear twist/braid outs I can usually stretch them for about 3 or 4 days. At night I put my hair in 2 or 3 high ponytails, tie a scarf around my edges, and put a satin bonnet on top. In the morning I'll put olive oil, shea butter, and/or coconut oil on my hair (while still in the ponytails) and then let it down. I had also tried pineappling but my hair was a smushed up mess in the morning!
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by cutie_curli 13th June 2010, 6:59 pm

What I learned from preserving my twist out (3-4 days) is that I CANT put a scarf around my hair. It totally messes the shape of my hair up. I have reverted back to just wearing a satin bonnet and my hair comes out looking good. Some use the pineapple holder but I cant use that as my hair is not really long enough. And I put a little bit of coconut oil on my hair before I put my bonnet on.

cutie_curli

Back to top Go down

Post by patmichele 13th June 2010, 7:56 pm

BajanPrincess82....You hair is so cute in that pic.! I'm new to natural hairstyles and am getting bored with the same look....tnc and wng both look the same (pic in avatar). That's a great look! How did you do that?
patmichele
patmichele

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 14th June 2010, 10:57 am

Thanks for the compliment. Its really just two big flat twists around my hairline (one on each side w/ a part at the side) and then the rest is pulled up into a puff or ponytail. I practiced a few times at home before I wore it out. Its reall easy!
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 14th June 2010, 11:31 am

loveK wrote:I need advice on how to preserve twist n' curls, braid outs, and twist outs. My style lasts exactly one day. After a good nights sleep (on a satin pillow case and a scarf), my hair is tangled and frizzy by morning. No amount of bunning, pineappling, letting it hang loose will save it.I like to just go to bed at night. I don't want to spend 30 minutes spritzing, braiding, twisting or curling.Any advice? How do you all preserve a style. I hear the stories of styles lasting 3 and 4 days so I know it's possible.
For styles to last, you will not be able to "just go to bed at night." Those with three or four day hair typically spend time at night preserving the style by moisturizing, sealing and placing hair in large braids/twists or putting hair in high ponytails.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by loveK 14th June 2010, 1:24 pm

ChrsLvsBks, that is good to know. I always assumed when someone would mention three day hair it was do it once and just fluff and moisturize for the next 3 days.I still miss the days of doing my hair once every 10 days (or so) and not bothering with it much in between.  Smile
loveK
loveK

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 14th June 2010, 4:46 pm

@loveK, love your thick hair!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by loveK 15th June 2010, 1:15 pm

thanks ChrsLvsBks. I'm just trying to figure out how to make it low maintenance. I like to keep it simple.
loveK
loveK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down