CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kimmie0810

+9
KinkyNappyHappy
CocoEuro
A85
Lanamarie
tiashaunteé
NubieNatty
SheeTacular
jamaicacurl
Kimmie0810
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Kimmie0810 - Page 2 Empty Re: Kimmie0810

Post by sweetdrk1 23rd February 2010, 7:38 pm

Bravo!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Kimmie0810 - Page 2 Empty SIX WEEKS POST BC. It's growing!! I love it!

Post by Kimmie0810 28th February 2010, 12:21 pm

Kimmie0810
Kimmie0810

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimmie0810 28th February 2010, 12:22 pm

I need some color ASAP!!! My natural color really washes me out. I think some highlights are in order!
Kimmie0810
Kimmie0810

Back to top Go down

Kimmie0810 - Page 2 Empty Family "feedback"

Post by Kimmie0810 14th March 2010, 2:07 am

I'm home to visit family for about 10 days. The response to my BC has not been good, but that's what I expected. My father (who I got my spiraled curls from) picked me up at the airport w/the opening line "gal what u doin w/all those naps out?". Later at home it was "What in the hell made u cut all your hair off like that?". Mind you I had "warned" him when I first cut my hair that I'd done it and he said "so? what u tellin me for?" My mother just looked at me. My aunt (who looked like she had a dead grey squirrel on her head) came in saying "what's w/the hi top fade?". I'd been on 2 flights wearing a sleep mask and a scarf over my head & I'd taken a nap w/o combing my hair afterwards. They saw me the next day w/freshly poo'd & conditioned hair & they were glad I "put some juices & berries in that mess b/c it looks much better". I ignored the comments.

I love my family, but there's a reason I don't live in this town or around them & have no desire to. They are very closed minded & conformist. They worship the creamy crack, harsh/hard hairstyles, weaves & any other hideous thing they can do their hair. Hair must NOT be nappy, but they don't give a damn if it's combed, pretty, and REALLY don't care if it's healthy.

My cousin has 2 daughters. I've been trying for 8yrs since her oldest was born to get her to do right by this child. She's been getting relaxers for years, her diet is so crappy that she's constantly constipated, & they've allowed excema to damage her skin. She's a beautiful little girl. Smart & full of spunk. I just hate to see the way she's being brought up. Her hair is dry and broken off in several places. Her mother insists it's b/c my mother was taking her to get her hair cornrowed on a regular basis. She doesn't consider it could be the relaxer, hot comb, dryer, ponytails, & general lack of care on her part. She still believes in smothering the scalp in "grease" & every other old fashioned BS that's been carelessly passed down thru the generations. They use "super" relaxers to get hair "super" straight. Just ignorant. They don't know shit.

Before I came, I ordered some Qhemet Biologics for her youngest daughter. She has VERY fry thick hair & I can tell the relaxer is coming even though she's only 3 (next week). I told her I'd co-wash the girl's hair & do a deep condition. Well I got the EVOO & coconut oil into her hair & it was there all of 5min. She was dripping a bit & her mother jumped to rinse it out. I put a towel around her & she was fine but b/c it was MY idea, she wanted to sabotage. Of course she didn't get much of a result in 5min. So they will blame that on me being stupid and not on her not letting the products penetrate. I'd seen them the night before at a basketball game and the child's hair was in 2 puffs that looked like a sheep's ass. It was SO dry and brittle & knotted w/lint all in it. She KNOWS better than this. Well I thought she did. As much as they talk about my hair and whether or not I comb the children's hair when they're in my care, you'd think they have them looking good all the time.

I'm sick of it. Done with it. Then to be "funny" my mother goes "We have to be stupid to take hair advice from THAT". OK. I didn't let it rattle me. I let them know that even though I don't have much of it, my hair is MUCH healthier than theirs. So that's all that matters. They all looked at me w/their hair permed w/i an inch of its life. Cousin with hair plastered to her head w/enough gel to fill potholes and freeze curls I know sizzled & singed her hair when they were done. Aunt sitting there looking like the squirrel was electrocuted and died on her head.

I'm not going to hold my tongue on this. I want my babies to have healthy minds, bodies, & hair too!
Kimmie0810
Kimmie0810

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 14th March 2010, 1:13 pm

Is your family blind??!?! I just looked at the image of your curls and they look so soft and healthy. I would stop you in public for hair advice. I admire your strength - I would have lost it and let them know exactly what I was thinking.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 14th March 2010, 10:25 pm

What Tia said!!!! Are they BLIND!?!? Because I think your hair is beautiful!!!!
All I can say is you did a lot better than I did ... lol!
Sometimes ignorance isn't curable but I hope they don't continue to torture and destroy those kid's hair Sad
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 14th March 2010, 10:31 pm

Tia nailed it...are they blind? your curls are beautiful!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimmie0810 15th March 2010, 1:48 am

Thank you ladies!! I wasn't really "down" about what they said. Just disappointed & kinda sad for them & the kids but I REALLY needed your words of encouragement!

They're not blind. Their eyes are programmed to see things the way their brains are programmed to think which unfortunately is pretty ignorant, backwards, and country.

I've heard so much silly stuff over the last couple of days that I'm literally overwhelmed by it all. My cousin has said thank God she finally had a child that has 'good hair'. He's 2mos old lol. Her mother later said "I wish P had gotten the good hair instead of T. He's a boy, he doesn't need good hair". Umm what? Their way of thinking has not progressed past old black southern ways leftover from Jim Crow. I just don't understand. I love them alot but I get so angry b/c I want better for them. And not just b/c of the hair issues.

We had a party today w/a petting zoo and pony rides. The woman that brought the animals couldn't understand a thing my cousin was saying b/c her english & pronunciation is so bad. She has 3 children. I don't like that. I can't read her Facebook statuses b/c I don't understand what she's trying to say lol.

Her oldest child is highly intelligent & creative. I feel like it's not being cultivated b/c they don't understand anyone that is different than they are. If the girl wanted to go natural, they'd have a fit like she asked to worship the devil. But if she asks for a phonytail, they rush to the beauty supply to buy hair. I'm just hoping that the influence I, my sister, and my mother have over her is enough to counteract the BS. I even got her a cell phone b/c we live so far apart and I want to communicate with her every single day.
Kimmie0810
Kimmie0810

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimmie0810 15th March 2010, 1:58 am

On another note, my hair has been doing strange things since I've been here. It is a big bush lol. Which I'd LOVE if my hair wasn't fuller on the top creating a high top fade look lol. That's a NO! If it was round, I'd be thrusting my fist in the air, wearing Africa medallions around my neck and black shades. The way it's shaped now, I feel like putting on a dookie rope & Hammer pants.

I guess the lack of humidity this time of year in VA is what's working against me. FL is sooo humid that my curls stay tight & don't bush out. I'll have to find a remedy since I'll be here for another week or so.

My hair grows really fast and I'm fascinated by the progress I've made in just 2 months. Today is officially my 2month anniversary since my final BC. Even though I'm really wanting to retain the length I had (plus some), I'm thinking of cutting the top some. It's so much longer on top and I don't want to look like Florida Evans. I'd rather round it out some and let it grow from there.

My ULTIMATE goal is to have the length and style of Holly Robinson Peete. I saw her on Celebrity Apprentice tonight and was like "that's it!!!!". When I wore my hair curly b4 I cut it, the ends were still relaxed and it just didn't fluff or lay right . But her hair cut is exactly what the shape I want once my hair grows back out. Our textures/curl patterns are similar so I'm hoping it turns out how I want it to lol.
Kimmie0810
Kimmie0810

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum