CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey

+22
tiashaunteé
HumanNature
Intelligentbeauty
crustaceans
kblockett01
LilMsPuddles
beautifuleyez
SheeTacular
curlykinks
ohnatural
Serenity23
Courtie
ChrsLvsBks
AfrikanLatina
curly+kinky+fierce
Erica5417
CocoEuro
NaturalNurse04
gammainme
Pi*Jay
Lanamarie
Blackbeauty
26 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 3 Empty Re: Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey

Post by Blackbeauty 27th November 2009, 5:33 pm

curly+kinky+fierce wrote:I am thankful for Unrefined Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, & Giovanni line (we reunited)& DevaCare one condition...AND since i cant find a Denman..I like my Conair brush!

Happy Thanksgiving lady!

Ive heard so many great things about the Giovanni line...I must invest in it very soon. Have you tried the leave-in & do you love it?
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 3 Empty Re: Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey

Post by Blackbeauty 27th November 2009, 5:37 pm

beautifuleyez wrote:Blackbeauty, where did you get for D31 and D41?

@curly-kinky-fierce, I found my Denman D3 at Sally's. With my discount card it was only $7.50! YAY!

Beautifuleyez I saw that sally's only carried the D-3 and I was very antsy about buying it since the teeth were so close together. So I purchased my D-31 from Amazon and the box said its made for afro hair and it doesnt snag or pull my hair out & still defines my curls. So needless to say Im in LOVE with it and we will be together forever because I dont believe in divorce!!! LOL!!
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by kblockett01 27th November 2009, 5:45 pm

Yeah! I have tried giovanni conditioner. I love it because it moisturizes my hair.
kblockett01
kblockett01

http://tisha.wilson0901@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackbeauty 27th November 2009, 5:58 pm

Happy Friday Curlies!!!

How was everyone Good Eats Day? Mine was great I have enough turkey leftovers to eat off for a few wks. So my lovely TWA is still protected and happy in twists. I've just been spritzing her down in the morning and rubbing some grapeseed oil throughout my twists at night. I have got to do the protective styling more often its so wonderful because I dont have to do my hair really for a whole week, easy maintenance and I can tell my hair is loving me for it. Im anxious to see what the twist outs will look like...I will definitely post pics when I untwist my hair.

I bought Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Conditioner today, did you guys notice that Herbal Essence Totally Twisted & Hello Hydration has the EXACT same ingredients the only difference is the flower extracts...I dont understand how 1 works for some ppl & the other one doesnt. I also dont understand why the false advertising by saying one is for great specifically 4 curls & the other specifically hydration when they are basically the same thing...well at least the 2 bottles I have are almost the same here, are my bottles ingredients.

HEHH Ingredients: water, stearyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, cocos nucifera (coconut) fruit extract, glutamic acid, fragrance, bisaminopropyl dimethicone, benzyl alcohol, edta, propylene glycol, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, citric acid, blue 1

HETT Ingredients: water, stearyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) flower/leaf stem extract, jade plant (crassula argentea) extract, glutamic acid, fragrance, bisaminopropyl dimethicone, benzyl alcohol, edta, propylene glycol, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, citric acid, violet 2
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 27th November 2009, 6:28 pm

[quote="Blackbeauty"]
beautifuleyez wrote: ...we will be together forever because I dont believe in divorce!!! LOL!!

Me neither!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 3 Empty Monday Nov. 30, 2009

Post by Blackbeauty 30th November 2009, 2:37 pm

Hey Curly Ladies!!!
So I took out my twists this morning & i absolutely heart them woot! !!! My hair has more volume & obvious definition than with my usual wash & gos. Totally Twisted Ginger Almond Butter by Afroveda is definitely a KEEPER,my hair is moisturized & has a bit of shine from the oil ive been adding to my twists. Im so in love with the turn out, I will definitely be twisting my hair in smaller twists more often!!!

Here some pics:
Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 3 11140910Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 3 11140911Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 3 11140912Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 3 11140914

Im loving my hair more & more everyday, this journey thus far is AMAZING!!!
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by crustaceans 30th November 2009, 5:16 pm

Your hair looks amazing. I have been hearing lots of good things about Afroveda. I may order something from them tomorrow.
crustaceans
crustaceans

http://crustaceans.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 3 Empty Tuesday Dec 1,2009

Post by Blackbeauty 1st December 2009, 5:25 pm

Hello fellow curlies!!!

Its been 2 months since I big chopped & Im loving everyday of it. I remember when I 1st cut my hair for my birthday I thought I made the hugest mistake b/c my hair was rough & dry I had stringy relaxed pieces and felt so unfeminine and unattractive. I was worried that boyfriend who had yet 2 see my hair would freak when he saw later on in the month. Slowly throughout my 1st month I started finding products that worked on my hair & created a hair routine. In return my hair, thanks to my lovin began lovin me back. When my boyfriend saw my hair in the end of month he didnt see me any different and that gave me confidence knowing that my hair didnt alter my beauty.

Now Im still playing with my hair. I love taking care of my hair, doting on it when ever I have the time. I enjoy making homemade concoctions that make my hair softer than name brands products. Im truly IN LOVE with my hair and its a brand new feeling for me. When I was relaxed I never doted on my hair that was my beautician job. I dreaded having to do or wash my relax hair b/c i felt it like so much work. Now that my hair has personality, i love figuring what she wants to do & say everyday!! This journey is mindblowin I never thought in millions years i would love my naturally created hair into obsession like I do now.

Last edited by Blackbeauty on 2nd December 2009, 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 1st December 2009, 11:27 pm

^^^Love it - lovin' your hair is making the difference. Keep on loving on it.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LilMsPuddles 2nd December 2009, 1:11 am

If Nikki ever wrote a book she'd need to put that in there!
LilMsPuddles
LilMsPuddles

http://twitter.com/Ms_Puddles

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 2nd December 2009, 3:32 am

Wow, it has been 2 months since your BC and your hair looks like it is on super growth.
You make me want to cut my 4 months until BC down to NOW....lol
Keep up the good work.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by crustaceans 2nd December 2009, 12:12 pm

Yesterday was your 2 month nappiversary, too? Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 3 678474
crustaceans
crustaceans

http://crustaceans.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackbeauty 2nd December 2009, 1:38 pm

crustaceans wrote:Your hair looks amazing. I have been hearing lots of good things about Afroveda. I may order something from them tomorrow.

What products are u interested in purchasing?? I ordered the sample pack to help figure out what butters my hair loves and dislikes.
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackbeauty 2nd December 2009, 1:39 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Wow, it has been 2 months since your BC and your hair looks like it is on super growth.
You make me want to cut my 4 months until BC down to NOW....lol
Keep up the good work.

how long have u been transitioning for?
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 3 Empty Wednesday Dec 2, 2009

Post by Blackbeauty 2nd December 2009, 2:26 pm

Hey curly girlies!!

So today is beauty day for my hair, body, face & nails. So I have already done my mani, pedi (which includes a mini massage) and facial. My hair as I am typing is soaking up this conditioner a friend created for me that is composed of coconut milk-vita E-jojoba-raw honey-grapeseed & avocado oil & aloe vera juice...but of course I couldnt help but 2 add extra Avocado oil & raw honey to my hair. This amazing concoction leaves my hair softer than that blanky on the downy commercial. Im planning on leaving this in my tresses for 4+ hours then I will be cold rinsing and re-twisting my hair with totally twisted ginger almond butter for hold/moisture & also with shea amla for extra moisture. Then to top off my spa day I plan taking a luxurious bath to relax my muscles and mind.

Having beauty day a few times a month is mandatory especially if you are stressed. I personally believe if you take the time to care of your body & ur skin whether u be old or young, I feel that your body will reward for u that by lookin it's best.

Ciao Bellas (Italian 4 Goodbye Beautifuls)

Last edited by Blackbeauty on 3rd December 2009, 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 2nd December 2009, 9:46 pm

I have been in transition for 8 months now. Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 3 617583
4 more months will make a year. That is my date for BC (hopefully).
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanNature 3rd December 2009, 1:31 am

Hey Curly Ladies!!!
So I took out my twists this morning & i absolutely heart them Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 3 678474 !!! My hair has more volume & obvious definition than with my usual wash & gos. Totally Twisted Ginger Almond Butter by Afroveda is definitely a KEEPER,my hair is moisturized & has a bit of shine from the oil ive been adding to my twists. Im so in love with the turn out, I will definitely be twisting my hair in smaller twists more often!!!

Here some pics:
Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 3 11140910Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 3 11140911Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 3 11140912Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 3 11140914

I really love your hair. You are well on your way. Being in love with your hair is such a great feeling. Keep feeling that way. I'll be following your journey Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 3 Icon_razz
HumanNature
HumanNature

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackbeauty 3rd December 2009, 2:34 pm

Thank you Human Nature!
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 3 Empty Thursday Dec. 3, 2009

Post by Blackbeauty 3rd December 2009, 3:11 pm

Hola Chicas!!!

Soooooo last night I twisted my hair and I tried something new (YAY ME!!)...I experimented with Two Strand Sister Twists!!! It wasnt as hard as I thought it would be and it didnt take me any longer to do them but of course as you already know I am a slow twister. For those who dont know about Sister Twists its hard 4 me to explain but the best I can tell you is it's 2 strands of individually twisted hairs twisted together to make one twist. Did I loose you? If I did here's a link showing you how to do two strand sister twists: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySdefk441Qk

Guess what you bellas I have pictures!!!!:
Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 3 12010910Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 3 12030910Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 3 12030911Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 3 12030912

The 1st picture is my hair with no product...look at the growth!!!

Who woulda thought!! My initial fear was that the hair on the top of my head will grow ALOT shorter than the hair on sides and the back since the top is a different texure. Im so glad that the top is not growing abnormally slow than the back. My next fear is that the hair in the back of my head will have hang while the hair on the top of my head will rise to the sky (wouldnt that look funny).

Ciao Bellas!!! afro
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 3rd December 2009, 3:32 pm

What difference do you notice between the two strand sister twists and the regular two strand twists?
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackbeauty 3rd December 2009, 6:12 pm

Its been a day, so I havent notice much of difference besides appearance (if you stare long enough you can tell a difference) I have also heard it lasts longer...but we shall see. Ill keep ya updated!
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 3 Empty Friday Dec 4, 2009

Post by Blackbeauty 4th December 2009, 4:09 pm

Happy FRIDAY CuRlIeS!!!!

So today I just put a headband on my twists and called it a day. Although last night I sealed my ends with jojoba oil but I found that some of the twists in the back of my head where my hair texture is softer were unraveling when I was applying the oil. So to keep the twist together I used this product by Komaza Care called Coconut Curl Cream. Here is a quick review on the product.

Komaza Care Coconut Curl Cream

Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 3 1365300

Product description: Komaza Coconut Curl Cream provides excellent slip for easy detangling. This heavy Cream minimizes shrinkage and loosens tight curls. A little goes a long way and pairs wonderfully with the Coconut Hair Milk.

Ingredients:Aloe Butter, Coconut Oil, Purified water, Behentrimonium, Polyquaternium 10, Pro Vitamin B5, Allatoin, Vitamin E, Polysorbate 20, Cinnamon Cassia

Price: $14.00 for 8oz

My Experience: At first glance I didnt think this product was going to do anything for my hair since it contains coconut oil & regular unrefined coconut oil never seems to do anything for my hair. How sadly mistaken was I to prejudge this product, it showed me a thing or 2 last night. The coconut curl cream i have is slightly pinky and from appearance the consistency looks thick, you can also tell it contains coconut oil from the chunky little bits inside of it. The cream dissipates when you rub it in your hands (like solid coconut oil would) it's oily but it's very moisturizing.If you were to use a bit of it on your hands it would make your hands very soft & moisturized but it would also leave an oily sheen on your hands again I believe thats from the coconut oil. The smell of it I like its like a sweet candy coconut scent & it doesnt seem to linger. I used it last nite on my twists and edges and It was like pure heaven for my twisties, my hair loved it. It was soft & it had sheen, it worked better for my hair as a sealant than the lighter oils like jojoba or grapeseed. I was definitely amazed & impressed by this product.

Final Verdict:
I was lucky enough to have receive this product as bonus product in swap 4 qhemetic biologics heavy alma cream otherwise I would have never purchased this product b/c as I stated b4 Im college student with a tight budget. But after have trying this product I probably still wouldnt buy it even though I really REALLY like it but Ill definitely put a request in 4 it for christmas, valentines day, anniversary or my birthday. Some way somehow Im going to have more of this coconut cream when I run out.

Have a great Wknd Ladies!! Ciao Bella!!!
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 5th December 2009, 10:39 pm

The Afroveda...so u only liked the Totally Twisted Jelly??What do u recommend from that line...? And did u only buy whatever Dosha u had more of?
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackbeauty 6th December 2009, 5:35 pm

I like the totally twisted ginger butter for my twist b/c of the slip but I also HEART the cocolatte & curly pudding. I recommend that you buy the sampler set so you can try each butter yourself and you can see which one your hair likes & dislikes. I didnt even take the Dosha quiz I just saw othr ppl reviews on the products & chose the sampler set from that.

I will def be purchasing the pur jelly & the 3 butters i loved & the ashlii deep conditioner.
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 3 Empty Monday Dec 7, 2009

Post by Blackbeauty 7th December 2009, 9:33 pm

Hey Curlies Gurlies!!!

So it monday aka Blue Monday & that's exactly how it feels for me like a LONG monday. So anyway I kept the sister twists in for a whole week & Im contemplating taking them down tonight BUT If I do untwist my hair and do a twistout, how do can preserve my twist out so it can last 4 a couple of days? When you wake up in the morning and your twist-out is mushed like a pancake, how do you guys revive it? Please let me know ASAP, so I can take out these twisties. Thanks in advance Ladies!!!

Ciao Bella!!

Last edited by Blackbeauty on 7th December 2009, 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next