CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey

+22
tiashaunteƩ
HumanNature
Intelligentbeauty
crustaceans
kblockett01
LilMsPuddles
beautifuleyez
SheeTacular
curlykinks
ohnatural
Serenity23
Courtie
ChrsLvsBks
AfrikanLatina
curly+kinky+fierce
Erica5417
CocoEuro
NaturalNurse04
gammainme
Pi*Jay
Lanamarie
Blackbeauty
26 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 4 Empty Re: Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 7th December 2009, 9:47 pm

Hey hun! I just put some coconut or olive oil on my fingers and fluff them back up..kind of pull them and tug them...i also sprayed them a lil bit with water,conditioner, or whatever u use and just fluff..although they may shrink!
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 4 Empty Re: Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey

Post by ChrsLvsBks 7th December 2009, 10:18 pm

I twist mine up in larger sections. I like c+k+f's suggestion. I would add to go from the bottom to not disturb the top.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackbeauty 7th December 2009, 11:21 pm

thank you ladies you saved from my mini hair crisis!!!
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 7th December 2009, 11:32 pm

hi blackbeauty~

i love your posts & your TWA Smile you seem to be a genuinely nice person!!! your hair growth is wonderful and gives me something to look forward to. I'm almost at a month now...well not really. lol. its barely been 3 weeks since my BC, but feels like so much longer! anyways, looking forward to seeing your new twist out...
Kea::curls
Kea::curls

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackbeauty 8th December 2009, 8:20 pm

thank you kea curls
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 4 Empty Tuesday Dec 8,2009

Post by Blackbeauty 8th December 2009, 8:39 pm

Hello Curlies!!!

My hair is still in the sister twists & I will be taking them down TONIGHT Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 4 Icon_bounce !! I cant stand certain hairstyles for too long, I get tired of looking @ them. So Im very anxious to take down these old frizzy twists & see my hair again!!! I miss my curls!!! I try not manipilate my hair too much by giving it breaks with twists which I usually try to leave in for @ least a wk but after about 3 days of it I miss my wash n gos style so much!!! Im a wash & go fanatic!! Ill keep you ladies posted on my twist-out results!!

Ciao Bellas
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 4 Empty Wednesday Dec 9, 2009

Post by Blackbeauty 10th December 2009, 1:57 am

Hey Curlies!!!

Happy Humpday
!!! I took down my twist last nite & I got loads of compliments today on my twist-out although I think they look extra frizzy in certain places. I will be trying the sister twist again so far Inoticed that the sister twists compared to a normal two strand twist is more coily because of the individual twisting of the hair. So my twist-out was very defined except for the spots where I was rushing and just pulling the twist apart all wrong. So Im learning that sometimes when you want the best results for your hairstyle a bit of patience can be key!!

Ciao Bellas
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 4 Empty thursday dec 10, 2009

Post by Blackbeauty 10th December 2009, 6:53 pm

Hola Bonitas!!

Today is my 2nd day with twist-out and I hated it Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 4 Icon_evil , it was dry even though I fluffed with light oil & frizzy and just yuck. Maybe I have yet to perfect the twist out but I definitely prefer my wash & go's i can truly keep my hair moist & wet which my hair loves. My hair doesnt seem to like going long periods of no co-washing & deep conditioning. So tonight I will be co-washing with Herbal Essence Hello Hydration and deep conditioning overnight with the coconut milk conditioner my friend made for me. So by tomorrow my hair will be SOOOO in love with me Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 4 Drunken_smilie !!! Im not giving up on the twist-out though my goal is to have a nice twist-out that not only looks nice but feel nice, soft & moisturized!! I definitely going to keep praticing until I get there...next time I do twists Ill see if there's a difference if I dont leave them in for so long. Ok Chicas Ill keep ya updated!!

Ciao Bellas
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 10th December 2009, 10:02 pm

Yes! keep us posted!
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 4 Empty Friday Dec 11, 2009

Post by Blackbeauty 11th December 2009, 8:06 pm

Hey Curlies!!!

So today I did my infamous wash & go, it's air drying as I type. Yesterday while I was work I met this white girl with a mix child (not trying to sound racist just gettin down to the point) anyway she had no idea how to care for her 3 yr old daughters hair. When she told me I got so excited because I love informing anyone on how to care for natural hair, so I wrote her a list of websites to check out I heavily suggested Beadsbraids& beyond Blog and tightlycurly.com and for extra info I suggested naturallycurly.com & curlynikki just to get her started, didnt want to overload her.

While I was writing the info down another lady (lets call her Sue) a co-worker of mine with long relaxed hair took upon herself to cut me off and inform her how to take care of our hair. Sue told the lady that her daughter hair might not be growing because some black ppl are pre-genetically disposed to not have long hair. Then she went on to say that she needs to take her daughter to beautician and get her hair done there once a month, she stated that one of the reason her hair is long because she's been going to same beautician 25 yrs and although she has no idea how to do her own hair, it's long thanks to the beautician. Then she rambled on about she cut her waist length hair up to her shoulders and alot of her peers were mad at her, Sue told the lady that having long hair is prized in the Black community since it's so rare alot of Black women wish they had it. She then gave the lady her beautician number, hinted to her about giving her daughter relaxer and told her to grease her baby scalp with motions.

The whole time Im standing there patiently & silently exploding Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 4 Icon_evil . I told the lady that I got my hair relaxed @ 3yrs old and that throughout my life Ive never seen my real hair texture until a couple months when I decided to cut my relax ends off which is why my hair is short NOT because Im pregenetically disposed. I informed her that relaxers are not only physically damaging but mentally damaging as well. I again told her to check out the websites and that all she truly needs is a great conditioner for her daughters hair. Once i said this, Sue again interjected and said "Oh I have a relaxer but Im not trying to be anything that Im not. I would rock the natural look but my hair is unmanageable for that''. When she said that I thought to myself: why the defensiveness? I never not once said you were trying to be something ur not. How do you know ur hair would be to unmangeable if all your life you never gave this "natural look" a chance?

Before I left I told the lady that her daughter is capable of having long beautiful healthy hair & that she doesnt have to go the beautician to get it. I informed her that the online natural hair community is huge & growing that she could learn how to care for her daughters hair on her own & that way when her daughter come of age to do her own hair she could teach her. I gave her my email address and told to email me if she has anymore questions. I just hope that the info I gave her stuck with her, and that between the devil on left shoulder and the angel on her right...she took her advice from the right one.

I know that was long ladies...but I had to vent! Until next time ladies!!

Ciao Bellas!!

Last edited by Blackbeauty on 14th December 2009, 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 12th December 2009, 12:25 am

Wow, the relaxed sister had a lot of nerve--black people are unable to grow hair long, suggesting relaxer, taking three year old to beauty salon monthly and greasing scalp. I hope the mom learns the correct way to care for her daughters curls. Like you wrote, she could then teach her daughter how to do her own hair.

Hopefully the mom will listen to the you. You were not only patient while Ms. Thing spoke; you gave her sites where she could do the research herself.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by LilMsPuddles 12th December 2009, 12:33 am

God bless you girl. Thats just like when we were talking about the word nappy, my right mind would have been saying don't do it! The wrong one would be say you need to shut her up, so how you gonna do it, lol.
I'm so glad that you took the time to do that. I'm sure your positive energy and intentions caught her attention.
LilMsPuddles
LilMsPuddles

http://twitter.com/Ms_Puddles

Back to top Go down

Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 4 Empty Monday Dec 14, 2009

Post by Blackbeauty 14th December 2009, 4:58 pm

Hey HEY Curlies!!
Guess who had the BEST hair day EVER?... MEEEEEEE Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 4 678474 !!!! I got hair compliments ALL day from men & women from colors of the rainbow. I did my favorite wash n go using the same products I usually use the garner fructis as a leave-in, afroveda curly pudding and olive oil eco-styler gel layered over that, I applied the product to my hair in smaller sections and I wasnt skimpy with the gel. I also allowed my hair to air dry instead of using my special curly towel. And MAN oh MAN I got the best wash n go results I ever had, my curls were defined & elogonated. Im definitely VERY happy with my results, I am now able to do the PERFECT wash n go, now I just need to perfect the Twist-out!!!

Here are some pics I tried my best to angle it ways that you can see the definition!!

Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 4 12120911Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 4 12120915Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 4 12120913Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 4 12120914Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 4 12120912Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 4 12120910

Thanks For stopping By!!!

Ciao Bella!!

Last edited by Blackbeauty on 16th December 2009, 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 4 Empty Tuesday Dec 15,2009

Post by Blackbeauty 15th December 2009, 7:47 pm

HeY cHiCaS!!!

So Im still experimenting with twists...trying my hardest to find a good technique for consistent results. So last night I gave myself a hot oil treatment with mixture of a few drops peppermint & tea tree oil, olive oil, vatika coconut oil, avocado oil, grapeseed, shea & jojoba oil I found this mixture to be very invigorating to my scalp and also moisturizing for my hair. After my hot oil treatment I massaged my scalp and moisturized my hair with a moisturizer (cocolatte from afroveda), I then twisted my hair & bagged it overnight to keep it moist. I kinda stole this idea from shidanaturals and nappychronicles, i just took both their ideas and mashed them together. Here's a clip of shidanaturals video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vlc9B5GlAnY

So this morning I removed the bag and my hair was moist and it felt very moisturized and movable but my when I undid my twist I just didnt get the results I was aiming for. So another experiment...FAILED Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 4 Icon_mad !!! Although from this experiment I found that my hair likes this bagging method & throughout the day my hair was still moisturized and had sheen from the oil treatment so I will def make this apart of my regimen. So i guess it wasnt a complete fail after all but I will continue to tweak my twisting method until I get nice results or maybe I have to accept the fact that my hair at this current stage may just not like twist outs. Oooo how sad Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 4 Icon_sad , lets hope not!!

Ciao Curlies!!!!
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 15th December 2009, 11:27 pm

Blackbeauty wrote:Hey HEY Curlies!!
Guess who had the BEST hair day EVER?... MEEEEEEE Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 4 678474 !!!! I got hair compliments ALL day from men & women from colors of the rainbow. I did my favorite wash n go using the same products I usually use the garner fructis as a leave-in, afroveda curly pudding and olive oil eco-styler gel layered over that, I applied the product to my hair in smaller sections and I wasnt skimpy with the gel. I also allowed my hair to air dry instead of using my special curly towel. And MAN oh MAN I got the best wash n go results I ever had, my curls were defined & elogonated. Im definitely VERY happy with my results, I am now able to do the PERFECT wash n go, now I just need to perfect the Twist-out!!!

Here are some pics I tried my best to angle it ways that you can see the definition!!

Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 4 12120911Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 4 12120913Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 4 12120914Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 4 12120912Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 4 12120910

Thaks For stopping By!!!

Ciao Bella!!

I agree, those Curls are Awesome!!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 15th December 2009, 11:29 pm

I so understand, I am still struggling with the twist out, but I refuse to give up!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 15th December 2009, 11:58 pm

Blackbeauty wrote:Hey HEY Curlies!!

Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 4 12120911Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 4 12120913Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 4 12120914Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 4 12120912Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 4 12120910

Thaks For stopping By!!!

Ciao Bella!!

I agree!!! You hair looks really good!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 16th December 2009, 1:56 am

Your WnG was beautiful.

I have a question. Were your twists dry when you undid them?
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 16th December 2009, 2:14 am

I've gotta try that hot oil treatment you mentioned...I have all the ingredients except for the grapeseed oil..think I'll miss it? I was SOLD from when you said, "I found this mixture to be very invigorating to my scalp and also moisturizing for my hair." I may try it over the weekend!

--Reese Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 4 Icon_rr
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackbeauty 16th December 2009, 7:43 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Your WnG was beautiful.

I have a question. Were your twists dry when you undid them?

Yes my twists are usually dry when I untwist although when I tried the bagging method my twist were still damp.
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackbeauty 16th December 2009, 7:48 pm

Freestyles wrote:I've gotta try that hot oil treatment you mentioned...I have all the ingredients except for the grapeseed oil..think I'll miss it? I was SOLD from when you said, "I found this mixture to be very invigorating to my scalp and also moisturizing for my hair." I may try it over the weekend!

--Reese Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 4 Icon_rr

Try it & let me know how your hair likes it??? U shouldnt miss the grapeseed its just a light oil and jojoba is also a light oil so i think ull be just fine Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 4 Icon_wink !!!
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 4 Empty Wednesday Dec 16, 2009

Post by Blackbeauty 16th December 2009, 8:00 pm

Happy Humpday Curlies!!!

Thanks for the compliments curlies...hopefully each time I do the wash & go ill get the same results. i will actually test that out tonight, my brother has band concert and i want my hair to be on point so I will stick most trusted and consistent staple style for that.

Oooo So curlies guess who made my day today???? Some cashier named Bob @ Walgreens!! I got $5 off Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 4 Icon_eek a HUGE bottle of Garner Fructis Triple Nutrition Conditioner from some coupon he had, Im so HAPPY right NOW!!! As I mentioned about hundred times b4 I LOOOVVVVVEEEE saving money and if I can get a HUGE bottle of GFTN Conditioner for the price of the small one, that little 4 bucks I saved MAKES my Day Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 4 Icon_razz !!!! So now im happy & my hair will be happy too Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 4 Drunken_smilie b/c for my wash & go style the GFTNC is MANDATORY!!! Ok ladies Im excited, happy & pressed for time so Im gonna go treat my hair!!!

Ciao Bellas!!
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 16th December 2009, 11:55 pm

Happy Hump Day to you too! And a round of applause for Bob! Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 4 Lol

Enjoy your brother's concert!

---Reese Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 4 Icon_rr
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 17th December 2009, 1:06 am

Congrats on that awesome WNG. Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 4 Icon_biggrin
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 4 Empty thursday dec 17, 2009

Post by Blackbeauty 18th December 2009, 12:58 am

Hello Curly Girlies!!

So today was day 2 of my wash & go & it came out just as lovely as it did last time. I went to my local beauty shop & bought the HUGEST conatiner of Eco styler olive oil gel for like $7 and I saw an negative ion diffuser for $40 I dont kow if that's a good price but it peaked my interest. Now I love my staple style wash & go but it is cold and having wet hair in the winter will do me more damage than good health wise, so I have been considering purchasing a diffuser. The only problem is there are many types of diffusers and I would like to purchase the one best for curly hair but not at the price of a foot. I also would like to know the difference between a reg hair blow dryer and diffuser? So if you curly ladies have any advice or a favorite diffuser you prefer to use please do tell Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 4 Icon_wink !!! Til' next time folks!!!

Ciao Bellas
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next