CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.freethegoddess.com

+31
BajanPrincess82
KeetaRay
BlondeByDesire
tamtam7
kinksncurls
PaganWifey
TheRYL1
WhosThatRedHead
QuietButterfly
nattyblog
Nikcoils
sweetdrk1
naturalmommyGA
LaToya28
priceless
MahoganyCurls
poeticlyspkng
CocaColaCutie
CrissyQ
ChrsLvsBks
KinkyNappyHappy
Lynnieluve
curlsunfurled
NubieNatty
mrsmackey
DvaAuNaturel
Juices-n-Berries
mstokes2008
krazy coils
SheeTacular
coilykinks
35 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

www.freethegoddess.com - Page 4 Empty Re: www.freethegoddess.com

Post by poeticlyspkng 21st June 2010, 1:19 am

Nice twists AND nice jewelry collection. I thought I was doing something until I saw your basket loaded with bracelets etc in ADDITION to your jewelry cabinet!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 22nd June 2010, 8:20 am

Thanks poetic! www.freethegoddess.com - Page 4 Icon_biggrin
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 22nd June 2010, 2:51 pm

CK...I love your jewelry collection. I have my jewelry in plastic bags, but a jewerly cabinet might be what I need!!! LOL

I love your twists....I can't wait to see your twist out!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 22nd June 2010, 7:01 pm

Your twist are cute and love the jewelry collection. My jewelry collection is slowly growing too. I HAVE to have a new pair of earrings every time I go in Tar-jay!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 23rd June 2010, 8:00 am

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:CK...I love your jewelry collection. I have my jewelry in plastic bags, but a jewerly cabinet might be what I need!!! LOL

I love your twists....I can't wait to see your twist out!!!

KNH

Thanks, KNH! I am excited too.

Lynnieluve wrote:Your twist are cute and love the jewelry collection. My jewelry collection is slowly growing too. I HAVE to have a new pair of earrings every time I go in Tar-jay!!

@Lynnie-Tar-jay does have some nice pieces!
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 23rd June 2010, 9:22 pm

So........ it is mid week, and I am still wearing my twists. I retwisted the back and I am getting ready to retwist the front. And the reason for that is because, I have worn the front pinned back and for my twistout I want my front to lay on my forehead.

I have been spritzing all week with my water,glycerin, and oil mixture.

I will wear the twistout to my church"s womens conference on Saturday. I will post pictures on Saturday.

I am so excited! www.freethegoddess.com - Page 4 617583
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 23rd June 2010, 10:02 pm

I don't think I have ever been to visit you..nice twist!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 23rd June 2010, 11:38 pm

Hi CK....

What church to you attend...a women conference sounds very inspiring!! We had ours in March. I feel asleep on one of the speakers...I was so sick!! LOL..

Anyway I can't wait to see the pictures of your twist out. I bet its is going to look soo cute!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 24th June 2010, 8:13 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:I don't think I have ever been to visit you..nice twist!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great week!

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hi CK....

What church to you attend...a women conference sounds very inspiring!! We had ours in March. I feel asleep on one of the speakers...I was so sick!! LOL..

Anyway I can't wait to see the pictures of your twist out. I bet its is going to look soo cute!!

KNH

I attend Lilly Grove-Pastor Terry K. Anderson www.freethegoddess.com - Page 4 Icon_biggrin I went last year, and it was amazing and I have promised myself to never miss another one.

Enjoy the rest of your week, and I will post pics on Saturday!
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 24th June 2010, 9:41 am

Good Morning CoilyKinks,
Cant' wait to see twist out pics. Hope you enjoy the women's conference. My church had one late last year and it was the bomb! Pastor Cheryl Brady was our guest speaker.

Anyway, have a great time. When you spritz your twists with your mix how do you keep them from unraveling/getting frizzy?
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 24th June 2010, 2:30 pm

Love the Bangle collection! Those twist are cute how you pinned them looks like you flat twsited them.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 25th June 2010, 8:28 am

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Good Morning CoilyKinks,
Cant' wait to see twist out pics. Hope you enjoy the women's conference. My church had one late last year and it was the bomb! Pastor Cheryl Brady was our guest speaker.

Anyway, have a great time. When you spritz your twists with your mix how do you keep them from unraveling/getting frizzy?

Dva, I am not sure how I combat the frizz. www.freethegoddess.com - Page 4 Icon_rolleyes www.freethegoddess.com - Page 4 Icon_rolleyesI am just glad I do!

Sometimes, it will get frizzy like after a few days, but I am just learning to accept it and keep going.

And as for the unraveling, I think if I do them a decent size that helps.

npmoore04 wrote:Love the Bangle collection! Those twist are cute how you pinned them looks like you flat twsited them.

I know right. Since I cannot flat-twisted, I had to improvise.
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 26th June 2010, 12:39 am

Hello, everyone. My name is Coilykinks, and I am a "Product Junkie".

I fought it for a long time, and I was convinced that shea butter and Aussie Moist (plus some oils,and aloe vera gel) was all I needed and then I realized I was missing a very important step from my regime...........deep conditioning.

So in my search to purchase a deep conditioner, I stocked up on Oyin and Afroveda on Thursday. But still no DC. (I was distracted-lol)Then I was referred to try Darcy's or Hairveda. Well, I fell in love and thats where it all began. I have not made an order with Darcy or Hairveda yet, but I do have a wishlist for both. I would love to hear suggestions as to what I should try from those products lines from the CN ladies.
So for now, I will be purchasing Shea Moisture from Target for my DC until I recieve my other products.
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 26th June 2010, 8:56 pm

I have the pics from my twistout and I was very pleased with my results. I will post pictures probably tomorrow.

I bought the shea moisture too. I may not get around to using it until mid week sometime.

Enjoy your Saturday!

Last edited by coilykinks on 27th June 2010, 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add info)
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 27th June 2010, 7:25 pm

Love your twists AND the jewelry!! Very nice!

The twists look really cool for the summer. I'm still working on that summer staple style. You ladies are pretty inspirational for that though. I may have to steal some of y'alls ideas. Oh yeah, I guess I'll need to learn how to take even sections of hair, braid upside down and do straight parts first though, lol!

Looking at that jewelry collection though makes me laugh at my tiny collection. I just always lose stuff! Embarassed
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 28th June 2010, 11:04 pm

nattyblog wrote:Love your twists AND the jewelry!! Very nice!

The twists look really cool for the summer. I'm still working on that summer staple style. You ladies are pretty inspirational for that though. I may have to steal some of y'alls ideas. Oh yeah, I guess I'll need to learn how to take even sections of hair, braid upside down and do straight parts first though, lol!

Looking at that jewelry collection though makes me laugh at my tiny collection. I just always lose stuff! Embarassed

Thanks for stopping by, Natty!
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 29th June 2010, 10:14 am

Good Morning, ladies!

I twisted my hair on last Saturday night, and pinned them back.(I posted pics already.) Then mid-week I retwisted the front so once I wore my twistout it would hang near my face.

www.freethegoddess.com - Page 4 01710

www.freethegoddess.com - Page 4 01910

www.freethegoddess.com - Page 4 01810

Well, I did my twistout for the conference, and it was cute. I pinned one side up, because my hair was looking kinda awkward , and that was even cuter.

I had planned on wearing one of those flower pins in my hair, but I forgot to buy one. I was a little discouraged because my hair seemed limp and not as full as I wanted it.

Anyways, it turned out great and I received lots of compliments.

www.freethegoddess.com - Page 4 03110

www.freethegoddess.com - Page 4 03210

www.freethegoddess.com - Page 4 03810

www.freethegoddess.com - Page 4 05410

Well, my 2nd day hair was much better. Before I went to sleep, I spritzed with the Karkady and as always the smell was horrendous. I will continue to use it because the smell does not linger. I never spritzed at night before and that may explain why my hair would be super dry and smooshed to my head even with the satin cap.

www.freethegoddess.com - Page 4 06510

www.freethegoddess.com - Page 4 06410

www.freethegoddess.com - Page 4 07010

Ok, now I mentioned in an earlier post I had not been using a DC on my hair. So I went to Target and bought the SheaMoisture.And I will use it probably on Wednesday.

I have also started back watching youtube videos for inspiration and I came across mahoghanycurls “Accordion Technique” I think I may give it a try this weekend. I also saw her video on the Curly Girl Method. I have heard so many people refer to this, but I had no understanding of what it involved. So I GOOGLED! And wow, I was enlightened. So I bought the book by Lorraine Massey.(it was okay, I should have gotten it from a library) I want to follow this method, but a lot of my products have dimethicone. I read that this ingredient was not as bad as some of the others, but it can leave a residue on your hair. I bought another Deep Condish Treatment and it has dimethicone in it. So I guess I can do am modified CG method. I have not really used shampoo regularly since I have been natural. I have used Dr. Bronners Castile Soap, KC Come Clean(did not like), and Qhemet Wheatgrass Tea Cleanser.

Also, I saw videos from sheacocoaluv a fellow Houstonian who I have followed from the beginning of my journey. And her hair has grown soooo much and it is gorgeous. So I am starting to wonder if my not spritzing at night, or not doing Dc’s as often as I should or detangling regular has contributed to my hair not being what I want it to be. Anyways, I have decided to keep up a more regular routine, and take better care of my hair. And please don’t misunderstand me, my hair has grown…….just not as much or as fast as I want it too. Since I have started buying all these products, I am promising myself I will stay on top of it. I thank all of the CN ladies, who have answered my questions and helped me along the way.

My future hair goals are:

clip my ends every 6 months starting in July

wear my hair in twists or wng’s

detangle whenever I co-wash

use Deep Conditioner Treatments

So how many of you are following the CG method?

And how often should I DC?

As I am typing, mu scalp is itching and yep I see dandruff. So now that i think about, it has been over a week since I co-washed. So now I am having a JNB moment. When your hair looks great, but it feels ughhh. Razz Well, I need to make this last until Wednesday.

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your week!

coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 29th June 2010, 10:15 am

BTW-I know I need to lose that part! lol
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 29th June 2010, 12:33 pm

Hey CK, your twists and twist out look really great. Your 1st day was really defined and your hair looke well moisturized. 2nd day hair was bigger and better too. I love when my hair gets older to me the styles look better, IMO.

Anyway, I've been following the CG method, a modified version since I low poo (non sulfate shampoo) monthly (sometimes 2x/mo). I do not use products with cones though. I can't remember which ones need sulfate to shampoo out and which ones don't so I avoid them altogether.

One thing I've consistently done is deep condition, at least weekly. That's pretty much the standard I think although some people may do it more during the week. Find what works best for you your hair and go wit that good luck.

I'll be looking forward to your review of the SheaMoisture DC.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 30th June 2010, 9:51 pm

Hi lady, love the twists and twist outs!

For Darcy's Botanticals, I suggest her Deep Conditioning Mask (my all time fave and I've tried plenty, lol!), daily leave in conditioner and hair milk. I plan to try her whole line at some point in my life.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 2nd July 2010, 9:04 pm

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Hey CK, your twists and twist out look really great. Your 1st day was really defined and your hair looke well moisturized. 2nd day hair was bigger and better too. I love when my hair gets older to me the styles look better, IMO.

Anyway, I've been following the CG method, a modified version since I low poo (non sulfate shampoo) monthly (sometimes 2x/mo). I do not use products with cones though. I can't remember which ones need sulfate to shampoo out and which ones don't so I avoid them altogether.

One thing I've consistently done is deep condition, at least weekly. That's pretty much the standard I think although some people may do it more during the week. Find what works best for you your hair and go wit that good luck.

I'll be looking forward to your review of the SheaMoisture DC.

Thanks Dva! I need to research some conditioners so that I can purchase one for my co-washes with "no cones."

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Hi lady, love the twists and twist outs!

For Darcy's Botanticals, I suggest her Deep Conditioning Mask (my all time fave and I've tried plenty, lol!), daily leave in conditioner and hair milk. I plan to try her whole line at some point in my life.

Thanks for dropping by Chrs!

I have unsucessfully tried a wng for the last time.

My hair shrunk as usual, and I was fine with that....but my hair looked like Micheal from "Good Times." I co-washed with AussieMoist and I wrapped a t-shirt around my head to soak up the xtra water. I have 4b hair and I used Qhemet CTDG as my condish and then I sprayed a little Karkady Mist and I used the OHHB and a little AOHC plus a little HB gel. I let it dry and I was very disappointed again. So I have officially given up on wng's and I will stick to my puff, twists, and twistouts.

coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 2nd July 2010, 9:29 pm

Hey CK...

I haven't been by in a while...so check this out!! I know a lot of people that attend Lilly Grove...in fact my best friend attends there. My mother loves Terry Anderson she wakes every Sunday morning to watch him on TV.

You conference hair was too cute!! So are you doing the Curly Girl method?

Hope you have a great weekend!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 3rd July 2010, 4:23 pm

Hey CoilyK!!

Your twists and twist out were very nice, I especially liked it the 2nd day when it got big!! I feel you on the hair resolutions, I also feel like I should have seen more growth from my hair, so I'm buckling down and getting serious. I wish you great growth!! www.freethegoddess.com - Page 4 Icon_biggrin
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 4th July 2010, 1:30 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey CK...

I haven't been by in a while...so check this out!! I know a lot of people that attend Lilly Grove...in fact my best friend attends there. My mother loves Terry Anderson she wakes every Sunday morning to watch him on TV.

You conference hair was too cute!! So are you doing the Curly Girl method?

Hope you have a great weekend!!!

KNH

Thanks KNH! I guess I am doing a modified CG, because my fav conditioners have dimethicone in it. I did purchase a tresemme condish today, that does not have the "cone," in it. So I well see how that works. I am still using Dr. Bronners Castile soap, because I love the peppermint scent.

I am trying to get my pjism under control, and once I find the Giovanni's 50/50 Shampoo I will promise not to buy anymore hair products.
QuietButterfly wrote:Hey CoilyK!!

Your twists and twist out were very nice, I especially liked it the 2nd day when it got big!! I feel you on the hair resolutions, I also feel like I should have seen more growth from my hair, so I'm buckling down and getting serious. I wish you great growth!! www.freethegoddess.com - Page 4 Icon_biggrin

bounce Thanks for dropping by, QB! Here's wishing you a head full of healthy and long hair!

[i]
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 6th July 2010, 9:32 pm

Hey there. Lol @ ur "me" moment. The twists look great! Day 2 hair is always fun.

I also do a modified CG method, but mine is quite different. I DON'T use cones but I DO use shampoo. (I don't really need poo, but I can't shake the habit. I need suds lol) With your current method just be careful. Remember it isn't the cones that are bad, it's the fact that they can only be removed using shampoo. So, if you would like to continue using them, I'd suggest you clarify at least once a month. You don't have to use a sulfate shampoo persay, but at least a clarifying one. If not, it could cause buildup on your hair and it might not receive proper moisture.

As for the WnGs, I'm actually getting better with mine. I think the problem on the last one you did was that you might have used too much stuff. I think wash and gos come out better when it's more simple and less product (Ex. KCKT and KCCC, or leave in condish and EcoStyler) Also, I don't think Qhemet would be the line of choice when it comes to wash and goes. The CCDG seems a bit too creamy to use as a leave in for a wng. Try something lighter. Also I'm not sure what method you used to apply them, but since there was so much application you may have manipulated your hair too much and destroyed the curl definition.

HTH. www.freethegoddess.com - Page 4 Icon_biggrin
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum