CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.freethegoddess.com

+31
BajanPrincess82
KeetaRay
BlondeByDesire
tamtam7
kinksncurls
PaganWifey
TheRYL1
WhosThatRedHead
QuietButterfly
nattyblog
Nikcoils
sweetdrk1
naturalmommyGA
LaToya28
priceless
MahoganyCurls
poeticlyspkng
CocaColaCutie
CrissyQ
ChrsLvsBks
KinkyNappyHappy
Lynnieluve
curlsunfurled
NubieNatty
mrsmackey
DvaAuNaturel
Juices-n-Berries
mstokes2008
krazy coils
SheeTacular
coilykinks
35 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

www.freethegoddess.com - Page 5 Empty Re: www.freethegoddess.com

Post by coilykinks 8th July 2010, 8:46 pm

Juices-n-Berries wrote:Hey there. Lol @ ur "me" moment. The twists look great! Day 2 hair is always fun.

I also do a modified CG method, but mine is quite different. I DON'T use cones but I DO use shampoo. (I don't really need poo, but I can't shake the habit. I need suds lol) With your current method just be careful. Remember it isn't the cones that are bad, it's the fact that they can only be removed using shampoo. So, if you would like to continue using them, I'd suggest you clarify at least once a month. You don't have to use a sulfate shampoo persay, but at least a clarifying one. If not, it could cause buildup on your hair and it might not receive proper moisture.

As for the WnGs, I'm actually getting better with mine. I think the problem on the last one you did was that you might have used too much stuff. I think wash and gos come out better when it's more simple and less product (Ex. KCKT and KCCC, or leave in condish and EcoStyler) Also, I don't think Qhemet would be the line of choice when it comes to wash and goes. The CCDG seems a bit too creamy to use as a leave in for a wng. Try something lighter. Also I'm not sure what method you used to apply them, but since there was so much application you may have manipulated your hair too much and destroyed the curl definition.

HTH. www.freethegoddess.com - Page 5 Icon_biggrin

JNB-thank you for the review of my "wng technique." Another "curly," suggested this method to me, and since I am trying things out-I tried it. My problem with wng's is my hair shrinks to nothing, and my aunt says, "when is your hair gonna grow?"

Anyways, midweek I almost suffered a hair break down. I was starting to consider a sew-in weave or kinky twists. Then I read an article about natural hair and it mentioned how "our edges hate extensions." I can remember when I was relaxed and I wore extensions and the damage that was done to my hairline, and I have come so far and I do not want to go backwards. So I have decided to go to my natural hair stylist and let her do her majic. I also need my ends clipped, I am not comfortable with clipping them myself.

I know all of you saw the BET awards.Well, I liked the concept of Jada and Willow's twin do, but not the style so much. Anyways, for the Jazz festival In August in Houston, my daughter and I will attembpt the same concept-but a different style. So I am excited about that.

As for her hair, I have been doing "chunky twists," this summer with shealoe. This weekend I will wash and DC her hair and do the twists again with KCCC.

Not sure now many of you have tried the castor and moringa oil from QHemet, but I love it! The smell is great and it moisturizes very well.

Currently, I am wearing a set of twists i did using Qhemet's OHHB and AOHC. It turned out okay. I took the front down and added some eco to my hair and retwisted. I plan to leave these twists up until Tuesday when I will wash and DC for my hair appt. at the salon. So far the best Qhemet combo is the AOHC and eco. It keeps my hair moisturized and it lasted seems like forever. My hair was stretched, moisturized, and my curl pattern was defined.

Last edited by coilykinks on 8th July 2010, 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : change txt)
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 8th July 2010, 9:19 pm

If shrinkage is your issue there's a few things you can try.

1) dry you wash and go under a hooded dryer or with a diffuser. I got this tip from Tamara of Natural Hair Rules. I tried it last week and it worked alot better. By manually drying it instead of air drying it, the products lock into your hair before it has a chance to shrink up.

2) try doing a wash and go on DRY hair. Basically apply your leave in. Twist your hair in large twists (I do NOT recommend banding this time. I tried it. Epic Fail) then let it dry. Then you can shingle or rake your styling gel in. CoilsKinksCurls on YouTube has a video on this. She does it with the MiraCurl. But there's another YouTuber who does this with EcoStyler. (I'll come back and post it later) So I imagine you can use any gel. Becuase your hair is dry and stretched, it'll eliminate the shrinkage almost completely.

HTH
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 8th July 2010, 10:15 pm

ok-here are my pics.

www.freethegoddess.com - Page 5 01410

www.freethegoddess.com - Page 5 01510

www.freethegoddess.com - Page 5 02810

www.freethegoddess.com - Page 5 03111

www.freethegoddess.com - Page 5 03211

www.freethegoddess.com - Page 5 03310

And here are some chunky twistout pics of my babys hair:

www.freethegoddess.com - Page 5 02410

www.freethegoddess.com - Page 5 02510

and then here she is on wash day:

www.freethegoddess.com - Page 5 02610

www.freethegoddess.com - Page 5 02710

coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 8th July 2010, 10:21 pm

Your hair looks good in the pics. Your daughter doesn't look happy about getting her hair washed (lol) too cute.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 8th July 2010, 11:19 pm

Your daughter is adorable!!!

And I like your twists as well.
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 8th July 2010, 11:24 pm

love the twist & twist out!! Get it!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 9th July 2010, 2:49 pm

Hey CoilyKinks!

Man...I need to catch a bus on down to Houston to hit up your jewelry stash! LOL

I'm loving your twists and puffs (one day, I, too, shall puff).

Love the pic of your baby...she was NOT feeling the whole photo shoot/hair wash thing! ;-)

DC tip...if you can find a decent deep condish, with ingredients you can live with/like (i.e., olive oil, coconut oil, etc.) add your favorite oils to it. That has helped me tremendously...give it a shot! :-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 9th July 2010, 5:16 pm

Hey CK!!

Aww shoot, look at you!!! I like the puff and your daughter is a cutie pie!!! She was saying NO to hair washing lol
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 9th July 2010, 6:03 pm

Hey CK

I think you WnG looks great!!! I have shrinkage with WnG's as well..so I think I will try this dry method that JnB is talking about. I've got to hit CoilsKinksCurls YouTube channel and she how she does it. I love her channel. She even gave me a compliment on my MiraCurl WnG...I was so speechless!! She's my hair idol and she gave me a compliment www.freethegoddess.com - Page 5 Icon_eek ...okay let me get back on track.

Your twists are really nice. If you want to wear a WnG try the dry method if you don't like the shrinkage...as for me I embrace the shrinkage!!! LOL

Your daughter is too cute. I guess I'm gonna have to come by Lilly Grove to see you both!! www.freethegoddess.com - Page 5 Icon_biggrin

Sorry I haven't been over here in a while... **waving**

Have a great weekend!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

www.freethegoddess.com - Page 5 Empty Hair Hiatus

Post by coilykinks 17th July 2010, 4:06 pm

krazy coils wrote:Your hair looks good in the pics. Your daughter doesn't look happy about getting her hair washed (lol) too cute.

Thanks KC!

WhosThatRedHead wrote:Your daughter is adorable!!!

And I like your twists as well.

Thank U Red! It took me a while to get them together, but I can honestly say I really like the look now.

sweetdrk1 wrote:love the twist & twist out!! Get it!

Thanks Sweet!

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey CoilyKinks!

Man...I need to catch a bus on down to Houston to hit up your jewelry stash! LOL

I'm loving your twists and puffs (one day, I, too, shall puff).

Love the pic of your baby...she was NOT feeling the whole photo shoot/hair wash thing! ;-)

DC tip...if you can find a decent deep condish, with ingredients you can live with/like (i.e., olive oil, coconut oil, etc.) add your favorite oils to it. That has helped me tremendously...give it a shot! :-)

Thanks RYL1! I will definitetly use that DC tip. And as for my puff, I like it too. I am just not a fan of those bands-but a high puff works well for me. And my pumpkin is a drama queen!

QuietButterfly wrote:Hey CK!!

Aww shoot, look at you!!! I like the puff and your daughter is a cutie pie!!! She was saying NO to hair washing lol

Thanks Butterfly! The older she gets the better she is with the hair combing.

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey CK

I think you WnG looks great!!! I have shrinkage with WnG's as well..so I think I will try this dry method that JnB is talking about. I've got to hit CoilsKinksCurls YouTube channel and she how she does it. I love her channel. She even gave me a compliment on my MiraCurl WnG...I was so speechless!! She's my hair idol and she gave me a compliment www.freethegoddess.com - Page 5 Icon_eek ...okay let me get back on track.

Your twists are really nice. If you want to wear a WnG try the dry method if you don't like the shrinkage...as for me I embrace the shrinkage!!! LOL

Your daughter is too cute. I guess I'm gonna have to come by Lilly Grove to see you both!! www.freethegoddess.com - Page 5 Icon_biggrin

Sorry I haven't been over here in a while... **waving**

Have a great weekend!!!

KNH

Thanks KNH for dropping by, and visit us at the Grove anytime!

Okay, as for me- I am taking a hiatus with my hair. Once I took those twists down I wore a curly fro, a partial fro-hawk, and can't remember the other style. I washed and deep conditioned and then I wore a puff for a day. I went to my stylist and got some coil twists, and thats what I am rocking now. I do not plan on doing anything to my hair until September, so I will have regular hair appts. every 2 wks.

I LOVE MY NATURAL HAIR and I would not trade it for anything. I know it is the best hair decision that I have made. Although, it is more time consuming than I expected and finding the right products have been a journey-but I think I have finally gotten it together.

Much Love!

www.freethegoddess.com - Page 5 02411

www.freethegoddess.com - Page 5 02611

coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 17th July 2010, 4:33 pm

www.freethegoddess.com - Page 5 02711

www.freethegoddess.com - Page 5 03112

www.freethegoddess.com - Page 5 03212

www.freethegoddess.com - Page 5 03510

www.freethegoddess.com - Page 5 03610

And here are pics of my daughters twistout at the beginning of the day and what her hair looked like when I picked her up from school. She has serious HIH!

www.freethegoddess.com - Page 5 01412

www.freethegoddess.com - Page 5 01711

www.freethegoddess.com - Page 5 01811

www.freethegoddess.com - Page 5 02010

www.freethegoddess.com - Page 5 02110

I hope you have enjoyed the pictures!

Laughing Laughing [quote]
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 17th July 2010, 8:50 pm

Hey CK,

Your hair is looking good. I love your coils. Girl, I am with you on that. I got mine done too and love the simplicity of the style as well as the fact that I can take a break from figuring out what to do with my hair.

Are you going to do a coilout and how often do you plan to get them done? I'm still tryign to decide how long I want to leave mine in before I do a coilout and then get it redone.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 17th July 2010, 8:50 pm

BTW, your daughter is a dollbaby. Soooo cute!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 17th July 2010, 9:00 pm

Hey Coilykinks,

Love the hair and the coils are really cute. Your daughter is too cute in the pics!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 18th July 2010, 5:37 pm

Lovn you and the little one's hair!! Keep up the good work!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 26th July 2010, 12:03 am

Hey CK...

How have you been doing? Just stopping by to check on yah!!!

KNH

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 26th July 2010, 1:49 am

Your baby's got so much attitude and sass it's jumpin' off my screen! She's precious!

Your hairdresser did a GREAT job. Seriously. They look amazing.
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 26th July 2010, 11:49 am

Okay CK...

I'm loving those coils!! So give it up...did you go to Zadey's Zady's found my card...LOL I would like to go to get coiled or twisted this weekend, so please let me know. Very Happy

Last edited by KinkyNappyHappy on 26th July 2010, 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 26th July 2010, 11:53 am

You and your daughter's hair is looking great!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 29th July 2010, 10:42 pm

Thanks ladies. I really need to update you guys on what I have been doing, but I cannot until possibly Sunday because I am sooo busy with family stuff.

KNH I did not go to Zayd's. My stylist used to work at Zayd's, but has since moved on. My daughter does have an appt. at Zayd's with Toshia next week.

Ladies have a safe weekend!
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 29th July 2010, 11:52 pm

Hey CoilyKinks,

Checking to see how your coils are holding up. Looking forward to pics and see how your coilout did if you let them loose. www.freethegoddess.com - Page 5 Icon_biggrin
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd August 2010, 5:30 pm

Hey Girl..

Just checking to see how your coils are working for you. Did you do a coil out? I decided to wait until my 1 year anniversary to hit the salon. That will be Penny's treat.

Hope all is well with you!! Miss yah!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 3rd August 2010, 5:42 pm

I love your twist and your coils.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 3rd August 2010, 11:02 pm

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Hey CK,

Your hair is looking good. I love your coils. Girl, I am with you on that. I got mine done too and love the simplicity of the style as well as the fact that I can take a break from figuring out what to do with my hair.

Are you going to do a coilout and how often do you plan to get them done? I'm still tryign to decide how long I want to leave mine in before I do a coilout and then get it redone.

Hey Dva! I left my coils up for almost 2 weeks. The longer they were up the better they looked. will post pics.

DvaAuNaturel wrote:BTW, your daughter is a dollbaby. Soooo cute!

Thanks!

krazy coils wrote:Hey Coilykinks,

Love the hair and the coils are really cute. Your daughter is too cute in the pics!
Thank u, KC!

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Lovn you and the little one's hair!! Keep up the good work!!

It has been a journey. But I am enjoying it!
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey CK...

How have you been doing? Just stopping by to check on yah!!!

KNH

Hey KNH. Thanks for stopping by.

PaganWifey wrote:Your baby's got so much attitude and sass it's jumpin' off my screen! She's precious!

Your hairdresser did a GREAT job. Seriously. They look amazing.

Thanks Pagan. I needed a break!

Juices-n-Berries wrote:You and your daughter's hair is looking great!

Thanks JNB!

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Hey CoilyKinks,

Checking to see how your coils are holding up. Looking forward to pics and see how your coilout did if you let them loose. www.freethegoddess.com - Page 5 Icon_biggrin

I did, "let the coils loose," and it was gorgeous.

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey Girl..

Just checking to see how your coils are working for you. Did you do a coil out? I decided to wait until my 1 year anniversary to hit the salon. That will be Penny's treat.

Hope all is well with you!! Miss yah!!

KNH

KNH, okay. I can't wait to see your hair in coils.

CrissyQ wrote:I love your twist and your coils.

Thanks Crissy!
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 3rd August 2010, 11:54 pm

Hey Ladies! I am back!

I am trying to focus more on my family, and stay off of the internet so much. So my updates will not be as often. I am still on break from doing my own hair, and I am enjoying it. I have a load of new products I will be trying in September. I have Afroveda, and also Oyin. Once I am done using all the products I have purchased, i will begin the In-Store Products only challenge.

My coil's were awesome. Then my coilout was amazing. Now my new style has left me speechless. Here are the pictures:

www.freethegoddess.com - Page 5 02111

www.freethegoddess.com - Page 5 02011

www.freethegoddess.com - Page 5 02412

My coilout:yay!

www.freethegoddess.com - Page 5 03213

www.freethegoddess.com - Page 5 03010

www.freethegoddess.com - Page 5 03311

new style:

www.freethegoddess.com - Page 5 05710

www.freethegoddess.com - Page 5 06010

www.freethegoddess.com - Page 5 06210

www.freethegoddess.com - Page 5 06310

I will try to come back on Thursday night to give an update on my daughter. She has an appt. to get her ends clipped and hair styled. Until take care ladies.

coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum