CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's your regimen?

+18
alove15
tiatj
LivinandLovin
Humblebug
lumii
rayray19
MissDiva_818
krissyc39
afrochic
curlista
zanajh
RookieSeabrooks
4evatete
Nessa101
Karyn
jadore04
ladykay6
Ebbz
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What's your regimen? Empty What's your regimen?

Post by Ebbz 1st June 2010, 3:29 pm

Hello ladies....

Let us know what your regimen is if you have one or what you usually do when it comes to washing/co washing and styling your hair. Also, let us know how you maintain moisture and length.

I would love to hear from naturals and transitioners!
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

What's your regimen? Empty Re: What's your regimen?

Post by ladykay6 1st June 2010, 3:31 pm

Yay !! Our own section !
ladykay6
ladykay6

Back to top Go down

Post by jadore04 1st June 2010, 5:41 pm

hey!! I just made my own mixture for keeping my hair moisturized i am about 3 or 4 months into the transitioning process....but i mixed unrefined shea butter with Hot Sixx or Stixx oil can't remember the name of the bottle and made it into l a thicky creamy mixture and my hair loves it! i put it on after i did my roller set and my hair feels soft and moisturized!
jadore04
jadore04

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 1st June 2010, 6:17 pm

What's your regimen? Party0003

I wash once a week using a sulfate free shampoo (Carol's Daughters Tui Herbal Shampoo or Organix Coconut Milk Shampoo). DC after every wash. Moisturize Daily. Henna usually once a month.

I maintain moisture and length by protective styling! To maintain moisture, I like to use a thick conditioner (HEHH or TJ's Nourish Spa) and seal with shea butter; this is especially amazing on dry hair for a big, fluffy, and soft braidout.
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa101 1st June 2010, 6:25 pm

Currently wash and condition once a week. I leave the conditioner in my hair for about an hr then rinse out. Then do a protein treatment. After I wash I moisturize and put coconut oil then braid my hair. The next day I unbraid which is usually a big poufy mess :/ I rebaird my hair or I'll twist it and try and have the twists last a week by wrapping it with a satin scarf. I want to start cowashing at least once a week since I bought the Herbal Essence Hello Hydration, I'm really excited to use it. I'm currently looking for a better moisturizer for my hair. Any suggestions?

Oh and by the way we have our own section! Smile YAY
Nessa101
Nessa101

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 1st June 2010, 6:34 pm

jadore04 wrote:hey!! I just made my own mixture for keeping my hair moisturized i am about 3 or 4 months into the transitioning process....but i mixed unrefined shea butter with Hot Sixx or Stixx oil can't remember the name of the bottle and made it into l a thicky creamy mixture and my hair loves it! i put it on after i did my roller set and my hair feels soft and moisturized!

I used Hot Six Oil when I was relaxing my hair and I loved it. I've never mixed it with anything though. But I did mix my Africa's Best Herbal Oil with my deep conditioner and it left my hair very moisturized.

I don't have a set routine yet because I'm just starting out on my transition but this is what happens MOST of the time. I co wash twice a week with Suave Naturals (its fresh strawberries or something like that) and I deep condition once a week with Lustrasilk Shea Butter and Mango Cholesterol mixed with the Herbal oil. I usually leave it in for about two hours since I don't use heat and then wash it out. I then put some of my Aphogee ProVitamin Leave in conditioner on it, some of my oil, put it in a bun and let it air dry. I probably where it like this for two or three days and when I wash it again, I'll do something like a twisted bantu knot out or a braid out until I wash it again. I've only shampooed my hair once since I started my transition because the shampoo I have has sulfates in it.

Its very hard for me to maintain moisture but I have some moisturizing lotion with Castor Oil in it by Bronner Bros. and I've been putting that on at night and sealing with my herbal oil and doing it again when I wake up. I've only done it twice but it seems to be working.

I've always maintained length by trimming my ends every two months.
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 1st June 2010, 6:40 pm

Nessa101 wrote:Currently wash and condition once a week. I leave the conditioner in my hair for about an hr then rinse out. Then do a protein treatment. After I wash I moisturize and put coconut oil then braid my hair. The next day I unbraid which is usually a big poufy mess :/ I rebaird my hair or I'll twist it and try and have the twists last a week by wrapping it with a satin scarf. I want to start cowashing at least once a week since I bought the Herbal Essence Hello Hydration, I'm really excited to use it. I'm currently looking for a better moisturizer for my hair. Any suggestions?

Oh and by the way we have our own section! Smile YAY

I haven't tried the HEHH yet but I want to. I'm just trying to use up this FAMILY SIZE bottle of Suave I have. But I might go get some this weekend and alternate between the two.

I like the Bronner Bros moisturizer. Its not oily or heavy as long as you don't use too much and leaves my hair soft.
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by 4evatete 1st June 2010, 8:03 pm

yay!!! for the curly teens!!! What's your regimen? Icon_biggrin
4evatete
4evatete

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa101 1st June 2010, 8:25 pm

Thanks Ebbz Very Happy
Nessa101
Nessa101

Back to top Go down

Post by RookieSeabrooks 1st June 2010, 10:10 pm

hey curly teens! i cowash at least 2times a week with aussie moist conditioner and suave naturals and dc about 2times a week with conditioners,shea butter,castor oil and honey. i shampoo whenever my hair needs it (1-2times a month) and use the baggy method 5-7times a day to maintain moisture. for moisturizers i'm still trying to figure out what the best products are for my hair. so far a mixture of melted shea butter, castor oil, evoo, africa's best herbal oil and wheat germ oil in an applicator bottle has been the best for my hair.
RookieSeabrooks
RookieSeabrooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 1st June 2010, 10:19 pm

@RookieSeaBrooks.... you are the first person i have met on here that I know uses the same oil that i do! What's your regimen? 617583 yay! quick question...what is the baggie method?
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by zanajh 2nd June 2010, 12:06 am

ladykay6 wrote:Yay !! Our own section !
funny thing is the just a few days before u posted ur thread...i asked curly nikki for this....great minds think alike!!
zanajh
zanajh

http://islandgirlnappiness.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RookieSeabrooks 2nd June 2010, 4:14 am

@ ebbz yay!which oil? baggie method is where you use a plastic cap to seal your ends so that they stay moisturized.there's a few threads on here that talks about it

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/grow-long-f9/baggy-method-t1257.htm?highlight=baggy

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/general-f3/how-to-properly-baggy-t1953.htm?highlight=baggy

heres one from naturallycurly.com:

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=38013

i only do the baggy method when i'm going to bed, hanging at home or if i hide my cap under a head wrap haha
RookieSeabrooks
RookieSeabrooks

Back to top Go down

Post by ladykay6 2nd June 2010, 10:48 am

zanajh wrote:
ladykay6 wrote:Yay !! Our own section !
funny thing is the just a few days before u posted ur thread...i asked curly nikki for this....great minds think alike!!

indeed they do !
ladykay6
ladykay6

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 2nd June 2010, 12:59 pm

@RookieSeaBrooks thanks for the links and the oil I was talking about is the Africa's Best. It's the best oil blend I've found that's so cheap! Hot Sixx is good too though but I just can't beat $2. lol
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by RookieSeabrooks 3rd June 2010, 1:37 am

@ebbz yes africa's best is amazing and i love how this product is so affordable.i'm starting to use it in almost everything for my hair haha
RookieSeabrooks
RookieSeabrooks

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 5th June 2010, 12:41 pm

I shampoo with anything I have, usually Garnier or Suave (want to try Giovanni or Organix) and condition with V05 Strawberries & Champagne or HE LTR once a week (possibly changing to 2x a week)

I also DC 1x a week with Aussie 3 Minute Miracle for 30 minutes

I've been throught A LOT of trial and error for the past year or two (KCCC- hated it, Cantu- hate it, Shea Butter-hated it) so know I'm using the conditioner only method but looking for a new method....thinking about trying Qhemet products. One thing I found that does work though is Coconut Oil, I love it! Very Happy
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by afrochic 5th June 2010, 3:58 pm

hey curly teens!
so I shampoo (HHEH) and co-wash (Garnier Fructis Moisture Works) once a week
I DC once a week with an all natural Vitamin Shoppe Conditioner brand mixed with EVOO and Honey
I henna every 2 weeks (on my 3rd henna)
I moisturize with Cantu Shea Butter leave in conditioner (this stuff is soooo good!!)and Garnier Fructise Leave in Conditioner
i seal the moisture with EVOO or the Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil mix (new and improved ingredients that are much healthier for hair)
and when I feel my hair is on the dry side i use some carrot cream by Hollywood beauty.
afrochic
afrochic

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 6th June 2010, 11:18 pm

Hi guys! I've been thinking CN has been lacking as far as the teenage voice was concerned and I'm glad we have our own place Smile

My regimen?
* wash weekly with Hello Hydration Shampoo & Conditioner
* Spray hair with homemade spray bottle mix (I have several recipes)
* Seal with shea butter or olive oil
* Henna treatment every two weeks

I find that simpler is better for me. When I used to use a lot of commercial products my hair was always dry and unruly. Oh, I need a good deep conditioner (that isn't henna). Any Suggestions?
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 7th June 2010, 5:09 pm

@krissy I looove my Lustrasilk Shea Butter and Mango Cholesterol for my DC. It makes my hair so soft and it has really stopped my ends from breaking off.
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 8th June 2010, 2:06 am

Thanks Ebbz!

So I googled the Lustrasilk products and I'm very happy that it's in my price range... Honestly, I'm so tired of people recommending expensive ah products for my hair when they know we're in a recession! Lol I will check the beauty supply store to see if they have it sometime before I leave for Jamaica Smile
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 8th June 2010, 3:38 pm

I got mine from dollar general! for $2.25. some bss have them and some don't but most of the time dollar general has it.

I need some new gel! Help! I need something that will hold my lay my edges down cuz they are getting wild!
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by afrochic 8th June 2010, 7:20 pm

@ebbz: i use the eco styler gel! and it is my go-to gel for wash and go's
afrochic
afrochic

Back to top Go down

Post by MissDiva_818 8th July 2010, 5:28 pm

hey guys. If any of you have 4a/4b type hair, I would love to know your regimen. It would give me a little guidance.

MissDiva_818

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 8th July 2010, 11:40 pm

Hey I'm a new at transition and right now have Senegalese twist in as a protective style but I

Shampoo: Kinky Curly Shampoo (sold at Whole Food)
Conditioner: HE Hello Hydration
Leave In Conditioner: Kinky Curly Knot Today
Seal: Coconut oil, olive oil, Shea butter
Moisturizer: Kinky Curly Curling Custard (this is really expensive!!!!)

While my hair has been braided I created a spray bottle mixture which has: HEHH, Coconut oil, EVOO, and water. I spray this on my scalp and braids almost 3 time a day and have no problem with itching or dry scalp.
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next