CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amla Powder and Vatika oil

4 posters

Go down

Amla Powder and Vatika oil Empty Amla Powder and Vatika oil

Post by missmoriah 30th May 2010, 5:56 pm

I wanted to share that I am going to try something new. I was looking into henna but didn't want to order online so i went into this Indian store called Bombay Spices. I ended up purchasing Amla Powder. I guess it darkens the hair and is supposed to aid in the health of it. On the back it says: Promotes hair growth, controls hair fall, cures scalp infection, controls premature greying of hair. I also bought Vatika Enriched coconut hair oil. I was gonna try both tonight but first I wanted to know if any of you have tried it.... If so please share what you did and how it worked for you.

P.S. Happy memorial day weekend!!
missmoriah
missmoriah

http://xmarvelousme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Amla Powder and Vatika oil Empty Re: Amla Powder and Vatika oil

Post by marry25 30th May 2010, 7:02 pm

I tried Alma powder for the first time yesterday with henna and didn't notice much difference in my hair. I also tried the vatika oil and it is thick but thought it was too greasey for me. But everyone's hair is different. Hope this helps.

marry25

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchild 30th May 2010, 7:17 pm

I really like Vatika oil. I use it mixed with KC Knot today to do my twists (it doesn't have enough hold to do use it alone). I also add it to my conditioner when I DC. I used it to seal as well. The smell isn't great, but it dissipates after awhile. I know a lot of people pre-poo with it, too.

moonchild

Back to top Go down

Post by envizionj 30th May 2010, 10:31 pm

Marry25, how much Amla did you add to your henna mix? How much henna did you use? Normally, the ratio is 100 grams (3.5 oz) henna to 2 tablespoons of Amla. Try using Amla by itself with hot tap water and left to sit for 15 minutes close to a yogurt consistency so it won't be too messy.

First wash your hair, then apply an oil (e.g., castor oil, olive oil, coconut oil) of your choice to your hair. Just pour some oil in your hands, not too much, rub your hands together and rub lightly through your hair. Section off your hair into large twists for easy application. Begin at the back of your head and apply the Amla mix, from root to ends, paying close attention to your ends. You will notice your hair clumping into waves. Saturate your entire head with the mix and put on a plastic cap. Let it sit for 30 minutes or longer on your hair. I keep it on for 3 hours while I do housework. Then wash out, with shampoo or conditioner and style. Your hair will be very soft and your curls will be more defined.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 30th May 2010, 11:39 pm

Hey Thanks. I Shampooed my hair and after that it was completely stripped. I thought that applying the amla powder mixture would like condition it. It was hard to put in with my hair completely stripped. I'm not sure what i will do different next time. I got the stuff in and let it sit for like an hour then rinsed it out. My hair was soft and my curls were more defined. I am deep conditioning it right now. I guess i felt like I wanted it to be more moisturized. SO I will DC over night and see what happens.
missmoriah
missmoriah

http://xmarvelousme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down