CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hairyuveda Challenge

+50
Ladybird
K.DES
slimwithabs
ginabina
ajsimmons8
dajewel
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
noski
misskris
Sebastain13
SheeTacular
bajangyrl
Choctaw
jamaicacurl
swoodward
CrissyQ
Alanija
tshala
libs2001
Karyn
Curlock Holmes
s4pphir3
Natural-In_Me
jasikazenith
KeAnia
naturalnat
Steveburner
Keesh
DMCC
Kurly4theKid
Carolina Natural
Ms Hood
adamseve
letha
CurlyCaramelCutie
envizionj
Brainiac
AfrikanLatina
freckledmom4
curlydpm
krazy coils
newday
TerraD
carfi366
ChrsLvsBks
KinkyNappyHappy
NubieNatty
gennatay
Juices-n-Berries
ButterQueen
54 posters

Page 24 of 32 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 32  Next

Go down

Hairyuveda Challenge - Page 24 Empty Re: Hairyuveda Challenge

Post by ChrsLvsBks 21st December 2010, 3:11 pm

carfi366 wrote:Hello ladies! I am so excited to share with you that I was one of the grand prize winners in the Butter-N-Bars Henname2 contest. Curlybop has benefitted so much from the ayurvedics that I added to my regiment after getting the courage to participate in the Hairyuveda Challenge, watching and learning so much from the topic board.

Happy Holidays!!!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] with you! Congrats my dear! I have seen the difference in your hair. Great job, enjoy your winnings lady! ButterQueen is the best!

Happy Holidays santa !
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by carfi366 24th December 2010, 1:24 am

ChrsLvsBks wrote:
carfi366 wrote:Hello ladies! I am so excited to share with you that I was one of the grand prize winners in the Butter-N-Bars Henname2 contest. Curlybop has benefitted so much from the ayurvedics that I added to my regiment after getting the courage to participate in the Hairyuveda Challenge, watching and learning so much from the topic board.

Happy Holidays!!!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] with you! Congrats my dear! I have seen the difference in your hair. Great job, enjoy your winnings lady! ButterQueen is the best!

Happy Holidays santa !

Thanks ChrsLvsBks! I love that funky eye pallet. Now that's a look I could have used this past weekend at the Prince concert. Did you create that yourself? It is hot!! Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year!
carfi366
carfi366

Back to top Go down

Post by carfi366 24th December 2010, 1:27 am

freckledmom4 wrote:Yay Carfi! run

Thank you!! Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year!
carfi366
carfi366

Back to top Go down

Post by carfi366 24th December 2010, 1:29 am

curlydpm wrote:Congrats to Curlybop who is looking MarVelous dance

Thanks Curlydpm! Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year!
carfi366
carfi366

Back to top Go down

Post by carfi366 24th December 2010, 1:30 am

envizionj wrote:

Happy Holidays!!!
Congratulations Carfi. woot! Curlybop looks healthy and beautiful as usual. sunny

Thank you Envivionj! Merry CHristmas and a blessed New Year!
carfi366
carfi366

Back to top Go down

Post by SCRUG_A_LICIOUS 24th December 2010, 1:41 am

Hey how did you get your makeup so fab!! Love ya girlie!I hope your having a good christmas
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 26th December 2010, 8:42 pm

Hey ladies!! I have learned a ton during this challenge and have come to the conclusion that I will use aruvedic powders and oils from here on out. I love henna and shikakai in particular and have built a new routine around them. Shiakaki cleansing twice a month and henna about once a month. I like mixing amla and brahmi into my DT's or deep moisturizing treatments.

For shikakai I am mixing 1 - 2 tbl into a condish and using as a co-wash.
For henna I have settled on the following mix: I mix 2 tbls of cocoa powder from Butter&bars into about 100g of henna powder (from Mehandi, Jamila or B&B) mixed with enough green tea for a paste - then I add a cup of a condish like HEHH or YTC and leave on all night. This gloss functions like a full henna. I thionk Sharika's cocoa is providing the acid. I am a happy girl. Simple works best.

Congrats Carfi!!!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 27th December 2010, 11:57 am

carfi366 wrote:Thanks ChrsLvsBks! I love that funky eye pallet. Now that's a look I could have used this past weekend at the Prince concert. Did you create that yourself? It is hot!! Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year!
I create all the looks. I am often inspired by makeup tutorials I watch on YT but I recreate them or get inspiration from them more often than not. Thanks! I hope you enjoyed your Christmas, and Happy New Year to you!

SCRUG_A_LICIOUS wrote:Hey how did you get your makeup so fab!! Love ya girlie!I hope your having a good christmas
@Scrug, I think you are talking about me. I look at YT makeup videos. I have learned a lot in a short time. If you need YT channels, let me know. I have a few. Love ya back!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 30th December 2010, 11:54 pm

Congrats, Carfi and Swoodward!!!

I have been lurking for a bit, and finally deep my first dc ayurvedic treatment over the weekend! I mixed a lil of 365 Whole Foods Peppermint Condish+EO Nourishing Conditioner for Dry or Color Treated hair (my hair isn't colored)+two cap fulls of neem oil+an egg+2 tbsp organic honey+3 tbsp tulsi powder+ 2 tbsp neem powder+3 tbsp amla. I oil rinsed hair with Qhemet Biologics Softening serum. I left on overnight. It was pretty easy to rinse. The leftover specs came out as I was detangling, but am thinking of straining with hosiery before next treatment.

hair was shiny, detangling was more than a dream than usual, hair was stronger (not itty bity breakages like i see usually) and the pattern of my coils, kinks, waves and curls were more pronounced. ayurvedic herbs and oils will be a staple in my regimen. yay!!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by ButterQueen 31st December 2010, 4:33 pm

Hi All!
Coming up for breathe I have to say everyone is looking beautiful and I am absolutely thrilled that everyone is keeping up and learning and sharing. It's a cazy busy time of year and after looking in the mirror decided that my color bug must be awakened so after this deep condish with my favorite pink clay, brahmi, avg and olive oil (actually I think I will try this kalpitone by Hesh that I'll be adding soon, don't usually do pre-blended stuff but per my motto I wont share it until I try it I think I will) so after the deep condish I will be going back to burgundy. I figure if I start now before spring hits I can be back in the lush 'near purple' hair I sported last spring. Staring a bit earlier because I dont have as much time to do a serial run and I really prefer letting the conditioning herbs do their thing in terms of keeping my curls in tact.
Henna usually leaves my hair less curly (particularly when I henna 2-3 times a week as I have done in the past) and it takes a while for me to get my 'snap back', lol so I'll simply alternate between the clays and the henna and I am still using the baidyanath, luv it luv it and I hope you all are reaping it's benefits as well.
CONGRATULATIONS CARFI!!
I'll be adding the new HennaMe write up to the site in the next day or so after the changes for the new year :-)
Best Wishes All and looking forward to a Naturally Beautiful New Year cheers
ButterQueen
ButterQueen

http://www.butters-n-bars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ButterQueen 1st January 2011, 3:09 pm

Okay so me and kalpitone are not new best friends, now I may be hormonal or just loopy but the smell reminds me of the ancient formula shikakai oil...like some stale curry Suspect
and I don't know about you guys but just the smell alone is going to be enough to make me not want to use this product. It has some wonderful ingredients, and I have not rinsed my kaplitone, pink clay, honey, and avg out just yet but I don't see the results being great enough to make me wait to use it again. So back to mixing it up again :-)
OH, BTW, I know some of you curlies are really into bentonite clay and I was going use it in my herbal hair masque coming out this month...HOWEVER, when I used it I wasn't thrilled at all No
when compared to the pink clay or the rhassoul clay it just didn't do it for me.
So I have some bentonite clay up for grabs on a first come first serve basis just 'PM' me if you're interested and please include your ship to address!!
Best Wishes
ButterQueen
ButterQueen

Back to top Go down

Post by curlydpm 1st January 2011, 3:36 pm

@BQ- Sorry about the Kalpitone( LOL)
-it is my understanding that Bentonite clay is used to cleanse, clarify or detox the hair. ( I have used it with marshmallow root and it did seem to rid me of buildup on my hair)
I do recall talking about the Rhassoul clay but never trying it on my hair.( tried it in homemade body scrub, it was nice but very messy, I probably did not use it correctly) How would you compare the Pink clay, it is more nourshing??
Also is the Rhassoul clay in your hair masque??
confused
Thanks
curlydpm
curlydpm

Back to top Go down

Post by curlydpm 1st January 2011, 3:37 pm

OH
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY CURLIE FRIENDS!!!! run
curlydpm
curlydpm

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 1st January 2011, 5:05 pm

happy new year's, curlies!!!!!!!!!

oh, i forgot to discuss the shedding and using ayurvedic treatments in my hair update!

so, i really didn't notice a change in the amount of shed hairs right after i rinsed and started detangling. i was pretty disappointed. *sigh*. i then started noticing from Monday/Tuesday that some portions of my scalp saw literally a marked decrease or NO shedding at all! Maybe its just my eyes, luck, etc?

then a fellow curly, roschetta(what's up, girl!!), informed me that the shedding will eventually stop in a month if i do the dc treatment every week. for me, washing every week is not practical cuz of the amount of time it takes to detangle. my washing once a month or at week 6 or 7 for the past year has been part of my arsenal in growth and retention. The most i would wash is maybe every three weeks. so, i hope that i can see a difference if i wash every three weeks or maybe i should stick to my normal schedule?

i thought i was going bald, but i guess am not if its taking me longer and longer to detangle.

thoughts, curlies????
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by envizionj 1st January 2011, 8:33 pm

ButterQueen wrote:Hi All!
Coming up for breathe I have to say everyone is looking beautiful and I am absolutely thrilled that everyone is keeping up and learning and sharing. It's a cazy busy time of year and after looking in the mirror decided that my color bug must be awakened so after this deep condish with my favorite pink clay, brahmi, avg and olive oil (actually I think I will try this kalpitone by Hesh that I'll be adding soon, don't usually do pre-blended stuff but per my motto I wont share it until I try it I think I will) so after the deep condish I will be going back to burgundy. I figure if I start now before spring hits I can be back in the lush 'near purple' hair I sported last spring. Staring a bit earlier because I dont have as much time to do a serial run and I really prefer letting the conditioning herbs do their thing in terms of keeping my curls in tact.
Henna usually leaves my hair less curly (particularly when I henna 2-3 times a week as I have done in the past) and it takes a while for me to get my 'snap back', lol so I'll simply alternate between the clays and the henna and I am still using the baidyanath, luv it luv it and I hope you all are reaping it's benefits as well.
CONGRATULATIONS CARFI!!
I'll be adding the new HennaMe write up to the site in the next day or so after the changes for the new year :-)
Happy New Year Curlies. woot! 2011 is the year of Conquest. Don't let nothing or no one stop you from reaching your goals. You must be aggressive.

ButterQueen, what is baidyanath? scratch
flower
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 3rd January 2011, 7:00 pm

I have not been here in a while, but I need some suggestions on how to use shikakai oil I got from afroveda. I got a sample size, and i am just using it as an oil. What else can I do with this?
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 3rd January 2011, 9:27 pm

dajewel wrote:happy new year's, curlies!!!!!!!!!

oh, i forgot to discuss the shedding and using ayurvedic treatments in my hair update!

so, i really didn't notice a change in the amount of shed hairs right after i rinsed and started detangling. i was pretty disappointed. *sigh*. i then started noticing from Monday/Tuesday that some portions of my scalp saw literally a marked decrease or NO shedding at all! Maybe its just my eyes, luck, etc?

then a fellow curly, roschetta(what's up, girl!!), informed me that the shedding will eventually stop in a month if i do the dc treatment every week. for me, washing every week is not practical cuz of the amount of time it takes to detangle. my washing once a month or at week 6 or 7 for the past year has been part of my arsenal in growth and retention. The most i would wash is maybe every three weeks. so, i hope that i can see a difference if i wash every three weeks or maybe i should stick to my normal schedule?

i thought i was going bald, but i guess am not if its taking me longer and longer to detangle.

thoughts, curlies????

Hey DaJewel, I shed very little and my daughter - who used to shed like a cat in spring, now sheds half as much since starting henna and shikakai on a regular basis. I don't know why or how long this will go on but I definitely have seen a lot of thickening in my hair since I started this.

My rate of shedding is about 100 hairs per week. Most of the hair I have is new as I am coming off of a bad Vitamin D deficiency and psoriasis. What I am especially happy about is how much thicker my hair is but I could chalk that up to VD supplements. But I have to mention that the thickening has sped up a lot with aruvedic powders like shikakai, brahmi and amla. What really impressed me was how my daughter's hair reacted..
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 4th January 2011, 6:16 pm

CrissyQ wrote:I have not been here in a while, but I need some suggestions on how to use shikakai oil I got from afroveda. I got a sample size, and i am just using it as an oil. What else can I do with this?
You can add it to your shampoo/conditioner/DC, pre-poo with it, seal your ends with it and use it for scalp massages. Their website may also have other suggestions.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by carfi366 6th January 2011, 10:57 am

envizionj wrote:
ButterQueen wrote:Hi All!
CONGRATULATIONS CARFI!!
Happy New Year Curlies. woot! 2011 is the year of Conquest. Don't let nothing or no one stop you from reaching your goals. You must be aggressive.

ButterQueen, what is baidyanath? scratch
flower

Thanks Envizionj! Thanks also for the encouraging words, truly feeling and receiving that message for the New Year!!
carfi366
carfi366

Back to top Go down

Post by carfi366 6th January 2011, 10:59 am

ChrsLvsBks wrote:
CrissyQ wrote:I have not been here in a while, but I need some suggestions on how to use shikakai oil I got from afroveda. I got a sample size, and i am just using it as an oil. What else can I do with this?
You can add it to your shampoo/conditioner/DC, pre-poo with it, seal your ends with it and use it for scalp massages. Their website may also have other suggestions.

Hi ChrsLvsBks-
Grace is looking so beautiful! Love that avi, makes me think of Lady Godiva the way Grace is flowing, gorgeous!!!
carfi366
carfi366

Back to top Go down

Post by carfi366 6th January 2011, 11:02 am

ChrsLvsBks wrote:

Happy Holidays!!!

Happy Holidays santa !

ChrsLvsBks, did you straighten your hair or had it done by a sytlist?
carfi366
carfi366

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 12th January 2011, 6:59 pm

i'm just gonna bump this up and pray someone responds lol.

i plan to use vatika oil to pre-poo, henna every 24 days or so, but don't know exactly what to do with amla and kalpi tone. i see you can add amla to henna, but what to do with the kalpi tone? (i hope i won't think it smells like stale curry either HAHAHAHA) moptopmaven uses it as a pre-conditioning treatment, but if i'm gonna prepoo that'll be useless
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by ButterQueen 14th January 2011, 10:28 am

Hi Karyn,
It stinks, lol, even my girls were like "uuuggghhh it stinks" but it can be used just like any of the other powders, added to henna or used alone for a DC. I enjoy mixing powders with honey, avg, and olive oil to make an absolutely luscious deep conditoning treatment. Another way to use it is add it to your fave conditioner for a 'gloss' effect or use add it to clays.
Curlydpm, it was a tragedy, lol, and when I rinsed not only did my hair stink, but it felt like straw so kalpitone is NOT on my keeper list No
The clays are different in the mineral content and how it effects your hair, skin, and body (many clays are taken internally to aid digestion, heal ulcers, clear parasites. etc) but without giving you a dissertation on the history of clay study My favorites to use on my hair a rhassoul clay, and Aussie pink because I find that together they leave the hair moisturised and conditioned and helps restore curl definition. They strengthen and clarify without making the hair limp like henna can (after extended use my henna hair looks nearly straight with very little curl, but again that's when I go on my henna binges, lol)
I think that because of the origins of the bentonite clays it may be better for internal cleansing and skin detoxes, but the iron content may be too high (in my opinion) for hair, because it did nothing for mine. If you have any other questions about other clays let me know!!!
Best Wishes All- and don't forget to take time out to "do you" this year. We get so caught up multitasking being mothers, sisters, lovers, nurses, teachers, chefs, maids...and for us the list goes on and on, but we leave ourselves neglected. Lets be sure to make a small chunk for ourselves, we deserve it queen
ButterQueen
ButterQueen

Back to top Go down

Post by curlydpm 14th January 2011, 11:06 am

Thanks ButterQueen!! flower
curlydpm
curlydpm

Back to top Go down

Post by ButterQueen 14th January 2011, 3:19 pm

BTW,
my friday consists of a long overdue henna treatment cheers
I used 100 gms Jamila '10
100 grams brahmi powder
1 tbsp of Jaswand powder (b/c I didnt pre-wash)
I used 75 grams of hibiscus flowers in 1/2 c lemon juice and 1/2 c purified water to make the 'burgundy brew' and added it to my henna paste and used enough AVG to make it a nice paste. I also used a nice dollop of raw honey in this mix because my hair is dry to the bone (it's cold ya'll, lol)
and here I type in my sassy gold heat cap
Wink
ButterQueen
ButterQueen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 32 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 32  Next