CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hairyuveda Challenge

+50
Ladybird
K.DES
slimwithabs
ginabina
ajsimmons8
dajewel
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
noski
misskris
Sebastain13
SheeTacular
bajangyrl
Choctaw
jamaicacurl
swoodward
CrissyQ
Alanija
tshala
libs2001
Karyn
Curlock Holmes
s4pphir3
Natural-In_Me
jasikazenith
KeAnia
naturalnat
Steveburner
Keesh
DMCC
Kurly4theKid
Carolina Natural
Ms Hood
adamseve
letha
CurlyCaramelCutie
envizionj
Brainiac
AfrikanLatina
freckledmom4
curlydpm
krazy coils
newday
TerraD
carfi366
ChrsLvsBks
KinkyNappyHappy
NubieNatty
gennatay
Juices-n-Berries
ButterQueen
54 posters

Page 10 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 32  Next

Go down

Hairyuveda Challenge - Page 10 Empty Re: Hairyuveda Challenge

Post by carfi366 12th July 2010, 2:16 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:I pre-pooed last night with Vatika oil. After clarifying, my hair was nice and soft. I have to do this more often. I have read that it is good to pre-poo or do an oil rinse at least three times a week. What are your thoughts ladies?
ChrsLvsBks I thinkI will start prepooing and oil rinsing more. The times I have done either it's always a nice treat for my scalp because it does help with itchy scalp as well as makes my Curlybop feel soft and give her a nice sheen. I will do a trial run this week and really take note, in my new journal I won at yesterdays meetup [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] , of how CurlyBop likes the new addition to the regi.
carfi366
carfi366

Back to top Go down

Post by carfi366 12th July 2010, 2:19 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:I been trying to absorb as much information as I can through this thread. I got my b~n~b order right before the 4th, and I finally got a chance to use the products I purchased for my hair.

I did a review in my CS thread, so this will be brief.

First, the Aloe Vera Spritzer...I love this stuff. Last week I wore a puff with bangs (which I twisted) I must say that the spritzer provided me with so much moisture all week long. All I did was re-twist at night!

Last but not least I tried the Conditioning Hair Masque!! Ladies....this stuff is UNBELIEVABLE!! My curls were defined, soft and did I say defined!!! I was so impressed with this product, because I could feel the difference in my hair immediately! Each strand felt strong, but at the same time sooo soft!!

I have been lurking around butters~n~bars website since January. I never purchased anything because I was still trying to get my regiment down and learn my curls. I am so glad that BQ started this challenge...I'm learning more and more about the benefits of Ayurvedic products.

Next stop...oils and powders!!!

KNH

The Aloe Vera Spritzer is the bizness! One of my favorite BNB products. I have to hide it from my daughter when she visits.
carfi366
carfi366

Back to top Go down

Post by ButterQueen 12th July 2010, 5:33 pm

Anyone who pm'd me about the cheesecake don't think I forgot [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] , a little slammed this week but I'll send it to you in the next day or so.
curlydpm I definitely plan on continuing this, it's been so much more than I ever thought ;-)
frecledmom4...luv that BC pic!!! toooooooooo cute and Juices you look so summery [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
KinkyNappyHappy, I am sooooo thrilled to hear you're loving everything [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] makes my days a little easier
Thanks for sharing All!!
ButterQueen
ButterQueen

http://www.butters-n-bars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms Hood 12th July 2010, 7:22 pm

I just wanted to let you guys know I really appreciate all of the info. I have been natural for 8 yrs and have had 2 do a big chop 3 freakin times listening 2 ppl abt my natural hair who I found later had no clue. I've been doing this challenge (on the low so there'd be no pressure) & I finally think I'm on 2 smthn. Soooo, PREESH!!!
Ms Hood
Ms Hood

Back to top Go down

Post by ButterQueen 12th July 2010, 8:33 pm

welcome Ms Hood [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ButterQueen
ButterQueen

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 13th July 2010, 1:42 am

I also will be doing more oil rinses and using powders more! I think it's a great idea, Chrs!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by carfi366 14th July 2010, 2:44 pm

Pre-pooed overnight with a mixture of Brahmi, bhringraj, Neem, and Vatika oils. This morning co-washed with condish, shikaki powder and navratna oil. My hair is soft and I love the sheen. Curlybop has really been enjoying this challenge, the ayurvedic powders and oils are definitley a staple and driving force of our regiment now.

Thanks Butter Queen for making the challenge!
carfi366
carfi366

Back to top Go down

Post by envizionj 14th July 2010, 4:42 pm

Carfi366, how often do you wash your hair? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Once a week is sufficient to let the powders and oils absorb and do their thing since that is what Sharika from BNB told me. Every few days I look on here, you are doing something different to Curlybop. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Don't use up your stash of products too quickly. Make sure you have enough until at least December. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Post by carfi366 14th July 2010, 5:16 pm

envizionj wrote:Carfi366, how often do you wash your hair? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Once a week is sufficient to let the powders and oils absorb and do their thing since that is what Sharika from BNB told me. Every few days I look on here, you are doing something different to Curlybop. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Don't use up your stash of products too quickly. Make sure you have enough until at least December. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Envizionj you are so right I am having such a good time with the ayurvedics and Curlybop loves them too, [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . But I wash with shampoo once, maybe twice a month if I have a lot of buildup. But I co-wash twice a week or I try to cowash at least every three days since I have started working out consistently.

You are right about the product use, so I had better slow down. Thanks Lady!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
carfi366
carfi366

Back to top Go down

Hairyuveda Challenge - Page 10 Empty 2010 is IN!!!

Post by ButterQueen 14th July 2010, 6:30 pm

okay so I'm mixing mine as we speak the summer 2010 crop of Jamila is in and it's on and crackin' ,lol
Doing a burgundy mix with brahmi powder...I'm too excited [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ButterQueen
ButterQueen

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 15th July 2010, 12:03 pm

ButterQueen wrote:okay so I'm mixing mine as we speak the summer 2010 crop of Jamila is in and it's on and crackin' ,lol
Doing a burgundy mix with brahmi powder...I'm too excited [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Sounds great!

I need to purchase some indigo. I want darker hair. The Jamila BAQ henna loosened the side of my hair where I added it (used Reshma brand on other side). It has not reverted so I may have to get some of that also.

Last night, I pre-pooed with Vatika oil for an hour. I rinsed my hair and then applied Navaranti oil before cleansing. My hair loves it. It feels so soft [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 15th July 2010, 7:12 pm

I am getting ready to mix my Jamila 09 henna to sleep in tonight. Wish me luck because it always loosened my curl/wave pattern when I was transitioning. Right now, my curls are struggling to find themselves after my big chop, but I can't take the grey any longer. I know I could mix amla in, but I want the brightest red/copper possible. So here goes...
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 15th July 2010, 7:13 pm

BTW thanks for the compliments on the new avi! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Brainiac 15th July 2010, 8:20 pm

So i'M new to henna. I do my first treament Sunday with 2 tbsp of Alma powder and Hibsicious Flowers. Is that enough to strengthen my hair strands and loosen my curls?

How often do u ladies use alma powder? DO u add to your conditoner or with shampoo. How many tbsp?

Brainiac

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 15th July 2010, 9:52 pm

@Brainiac- I have been using amla powder every other week during this challenge. Most of the time I mix it with conditioner, but I have used just warm water a couple of times. It's much easier to rinse out with conditioner and it seems to have about the same affect on my hair.

I have henna in my hair right now and I was wondering if I should add amla to my deep conditioner after I rinse in the morning or would that be too much?

Last edited by freckledmom4 on 15th July 2010, 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by curlydpm 15th July 2010, 10:15 pm

@Brainiac- I just PM you by mistake, so please read that. I am too lazy to type the whole thing over. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
curlydpm
curlydpm

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 15th July 2010, 10:18 pm

I'm currently Shikakai oil pre-pooing....will shampoo with my poo bar and oil rinse with VAtika oil.
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by carfi366 17th July 2010, 9:23 am

I notice you ladies mentioning different kinds of henna, i.e. Jamilah BAQ, Jamilah 09 and Reshma. What is the difference and the signifigance of the different hennas?
I also want to henna next week and add amla powder to tone down the copper. How much amla should I add to my henna to accomplish that?
carfi366
carfi366

Back to top Go down

Post by Brainiac 17th July 2010, 9:36 am

@freckledmom4 How much Alma powder do add to your conditioner or DC? Do you put the Alma powder on your already wet hair first before u put your conditioner in or u add the powder in condtioner in your palms?

Brainiac

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 17th July 2010, 12:18 pm

Brainiac wrote:@freckledmom4 How much Alma powder do add to your conditioner or DC? Do you put the Alma powder on your already wet hair first before u put your conditioner in or u add the powder in condtioner in your palms?

I mix the amla powder with warm water first until it gets to a pudding consistancy and I let that mix sit for 10-15 minutes. Then I add gvp conditioning balm (sally's) and mix well. I use about 1/4 cup of amla, but I don't measure the conditioner.

Last edited by freckledmom4 on 17th July 2010, 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Brainiac 17th July 2010, 7:56 pm

Help! I think I added to much of the Hibscious tea to my henna. Now it's sitting on top of it. I did this to get a red color.

I have add the entire box of Jamila Henna Summer Crop 09. Then 2 tbsp of Alma powder.

Add 1 1/2 cup of water in the a pot and then add half the bag of Hibscious Flowers let boil till it gets hot. Turn off the heat then I let it sit for 10 minutes. Then this where I think I went wrong I added to much of the Hibscious tea. It's a red color.

Now it's sitting on top of the henna. I'm trying to make it thick again like yougurt before I wrap it up with plastic wrap. I think I going to add more Alma powder.

I do not know. Please help this my 1st henna treatment I want it to go well. Thanks.

Brainiac

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 18th July 2010, 4:00 pm

why have i NOT been gettin my updates [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] i was wondering why its been so quiet and here its ME who's been out the loop!!

@Ms hood; welcome and lol at doin the challenge on the low

I dont know who it was that mentioned it but can somebody confirm...u dont need to add amla to the henna since henna already has conditioning properties??? i couldve sworn one of yall told me that but im too lazy to go a few pages back to search for it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I've been consistently pre-pooin for the past few months and i must say...it's been working wonders for me. I've noticed more sheen and moisture whether i add product or not. My fav to pre-poo with is vatika oil cuz it makes it easier for me to detangle and melts into my strands like a dream. Since im enjoyin the amla gold i might mix that in w/some vatika n let it sit overnight cuz i plan on co-washin tomorrow morning to twist it up for the week!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 18th July 2010, 4:38 pm

and i forgot to add....freckles..im LOVIN that avi girl. u are showing OUT!!! u look so good mommy!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by carfi366 18th July 2010, 6:00 pm

NubieNatty wrote:why have i NOT been gettin my updates [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] i was wondering why its been so quiet and here its ME who's been out the loop!!

@Ms hood; welcome and lol at doin the challenge on the low

I dont know who it was that mentioned it but can somebody confirm...u dont need to add amla to the henna since henna already has conditioning properties??? i couldve sworn one of yall told me that but im too lazy to go a few pages back to search for it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I've been consistently pre-pooin for the past few months and i must say...it's been working wonders for me. I've noticed more sheen and moisture whether i add product or not. My fav to pre-poo with is vatika oil cuz it makes it easier for me to detangle and melts into my strands like a dream. Since im enjoyin the amla gold i might mix that in w/some vatika n let it sit overnight cuz i plan on co-washin tomorrow morning to twist it up for the week!

Hey Nubie Natty, whats the update on next months meet-up in B-More and Oyin? Have you moved into the new house yet? Congrats again girl. "Shout out to the home owners,girls wit diplomas n enough money to loan us....lemmme c ya hands,u fancy huh...u fancy huh.-Drake"
carfi366
carfi366

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 18th July 2010, 6:17 pm

carfi, lmaoooo u funny; check u out listening to wpgc n russ parr show, lol.

im goin to closing aug. 13th; im almost scared to say that out loud becuz everytime i think i have a set date it comes n goes [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] but all my paperwork is in effect and im just waitin on pg to cut the check!! since the county attorney is on vacay i dnt get my closing til next month. i have my henna kit patiently waiting til then [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The meetup is still on and poppin...as far as i know; i'll dip back into that thread tomorrow to get a head count.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 32  Next