CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for a good creme moisturizer

+5
WalkingInDestiny
LaToya28
jcanalena79
cassadie3
mstokes2008
9 posters

Go down

Looking for a good creme moisturizer Empty Looking for a good creme moisturizer

Post by mstokes2008 28th May 2010, 4:25 pm

So I've found a few really good products that work well with my hair, specifically Yes to Cucumbers conditioner, Giovanni Direct Leave in, EVOO & Jojoba oil, and other random co washing conditioners. But I've read several places that a good moisturizing technique to follow is the water, oil, creme one. But I'm struggling with finding a good creme based moisturizer. My hair can also only handle a little bit of protein at a time. I really need something I can buy in stores because bills and college are leaving me extremely broke Sad
Any suggestions??
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Looking for a good creme moisturizer Empty Re: Looking for a good creme moisturizer

Post by cassadie3 28th May 2010, 9:29 pm

I love Qhemet Biologics Burdock Root Butter Creme as well as Blended Cuties Down and Out Styles (which also acts as a leave in and styler! 3-in-1!!!)
cassadie3
cassadie3

http://naturalselectionblog.com

Back to top Go down

Looking for a good creme moisturizer Empty Re: Looking for a good creme moisturizer

Post by mstokes2008 28th May 2010, 11:40 pm

How much do they usually cost?? I've never heard of Blended cuties.
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by jcanalena79 29th May 2010, 2:24 am

Not in stores, as far as I know, but I've used and love Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Moisturizer and Qhemet Biologics Burdock Root Butter Creme.

Others that I have not used but have great reviews and I plan on trying ... and are available at CurlMart (quick shipping and sale this wknd):

Oyin Whipped Pudding
Darcy's Botanicals (several, but the Tucuma Butter Moisture Whip comes to mind)

Afroveda has local retailers in Texas, I believe ... check their website - maybe one is local to you and you can pick it up locally. I've heard great things about their Cocolatte Moisture Mask and the Twisted Ginger Almond Butter.
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by cassadie3 29th May 2010, 3:33 am

mstokes2008 wrote:How much do they usually cost?? I've never heard of Blended cuties.

About $20/jar that will last you... here is their site: http://www.blendedbeauty.com/
cassadie3
cassadie3

http://naturalselectionblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 29th May 2010, 11:37 am

I would start with something from the bss first. A few that come to mind are Silk Elements Silken Child moisturizing creme, ORS Olive oil cream, and BB Oil Moisturizer. Any type of cream hairdressing should be fine as long as it doesn't say "repair" "strengthening" or "fortifying" or anything like that. Those terms usually indicate protein.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by WalkingInDestiny 29th May 2010, 4:53 pm

I also hear SheaMoisture products are really good,it's through Target, but it is only available online. The only thing it must be pretty awesome because it's always sold out, as soon as products are listed onsite.
WalkingInDestiny
WalkingInDestiny

Back to top Go down

Post by jcanalena79 29th May 2010, 7:29 pm

WalkingInDestiny wrote:I also hear SheaMoisture products are really good,it's through Target, but it is only available online. The only thing it must be pretty awesome because it's always sold out, as soon as products are listed onsite.

They are actually available at many local Targets. Maybe you could try the one by you first!
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 30th May 2010, 3:56 pm

Maybe you can try Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Conditioning creme...I think i bought it for like 4 bucks at CVS or Duane Reade, one of those places...
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Marche' 15th September 2010, 10:00 pm

I have been using the Hollywood Beauty Olive Creme for a few months now. You can find it at drug stores and it comes with an olive cholesterol deep treatment which I don't care for and never use. I add about 3 tbs of olive oil to it. It costs $3. The ingredients are listed below:

Deionized Water (Aqua), isopropyl myristate, glycine soja (soybean) oil, olea europea (olive) fruit oil, stearic acid, stearyl alcohol, glyceryl stereate, vitamin e (tocopheryl acetate), matricaria extract (chamomille recutita), calendula (calendula officinalis flower extract, vitamin b (yeast extract), macademia oil (macademia ternifolia seed), vitamin a (retinyl palmitate), coconut oil (cocos nucifera), rosemary (rosmarinus officinalis leaf) extract, sage (salvia officinalis leaf) extract, vitamin c (ascorbic acid), great burdock (arctium lappa root)extract, triethanolamine, methyl paraben, propyl paraben, dmdm hydantoin, imidazolidinyl urea, fragrance, yellow #5 blue #1.
Marche'
Marche'

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15th September 2010, 11:34 pm

ok...i pre-poo my hair w/ olive oil and then i use a aloe vera shampoo and conditoner b/c i have dry scalp and i then put olive oil on my hair. however, i was trying to see if castor oil is a good moisturizer to put on hair ( my hair usually does good with it) after conditioning and before using the olive oil so i seal in the moisture??

Back to top Go down

Post by Talisa3636 15th September 2010, 11:38 pm

Indidiiamond wrote:ok...i pre-poo my hair w/ olive oil and then i use a aloe vera shampoo and conditoner b/c i have dry scalp and i then put olive oil on my hair. however, i was trying to see if castor oil is a good moisturizer to put on hair ( my hair usually does good with it) after conditioning and before using the olive oil so i seal in the moisture??

Its best to use a leave in or cream moisturizer after washing, then add the oil (olive or castor)to seal in the moisture. There is no water in oil so it wont moisturize nor is oil a humectant.
Talisa3636
Talisa3636

Back to top Go down

Post by Talisa3636 15th September 2010, 11:46 pm

Shea moisture leave in and cream products are great! I haven't used the new products of shea moisture but the old white bottle product worked great for me. Other cream moisture that are great are...

BSS:
Cantu Shea Leave In= alot of my friends and natural hair people love it. Be sure to clarify ever so often because it can build up.
Elasta QP Mango Butter: oldie and goodie

Online or Local depending on where you live: *the are priced in the teens but a little goes a long way and worth the money*
Bee Mine Lusious Cream Moisturizer: My new fave and a little goes a long way. Makes my hair super soft and non greasy

Hairveda Whipped Ends Hydration: Super moisture and is on sale NOW!! at hairveda.com excellent deal and products

Qhemet Biologics Amla and Olive Heavy cream and Burdock Root: Super moisture and both last a long time. I use regularly and one jar can last me over half a year + i share it with my mom. Staple and worth every penny.

Talisa3636
Talisa3636

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16th September 2010, 12:44 am

so after i wash my hair w/ my shampoo and condition it w/ the conditioner, then i should use the olive oil....that's wut ur saying right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Talisa3636 16th September 2010, 12:49 am

After conditioning, prep your hair for detangling by adding a good leave in conditioner and sealing the hair with olive or castor oil. For extra benefit you can also do an oil rinse with the olive oil or coconut oil after rinsing out the conditioner, add the oil to your hair, rub in and then rinse it out it of your hair. Afterwards add the leave in but still seal with a butter or oil.
Talisa3636
Talisa3636

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16th September 2010, 12:13 pm

ok....got u! Wink last night i added some EVOO to my eco styler olive gel and um i put that on my hair this morning. Mind u, last night b4 I went to bed I put EVOO on my hair after shampooing and conditioning and i pre-poo'd with EVOO...so i'm thinking now, instead of pre-pooing with EVOO, maybe I should put the EVOO on after conditioning like u said and then wash it out and then i'mma try some castor oil and sealing it with EVOO. I'm just trying to find new ways to keep my hair and scalp moisturized throughout the day and night.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16th September 2010, 12:14 pm

i had another question.....i noticed u mentioned clarifying shampoo.....what is a good natural brand for african american natural hair b/c i've heard that certain products such as gel or whatever can stay in ur hair for up 2 a month after it's been applied.

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 16th September 2010, 12:37 pm

@Indidiiamond, I like Curls clarifying shampoo. It definitely helps remove build up.

You can also add about a 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda to 1/2c or more of conditioner. Follow up with an ACV rinse made of 1 t of ACV to 1-1/2 to 2 cups of water. ACV rinse will bring hair back into proper pH balance.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down