CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with what I should do with my 3c Hair

3 posters

Go down

Help with what I should do with my 3c Hair Empty Help with what I should do with my 3c Hair

Post by kionikicks 19th May 2010, 5:38 pm

I just found this blog and I haven't been able to leave it yet.I must say a big ole THANK YOU to CurlyNikki. I haven't tried any of the ideas yet, but I have big plans for my weekend. I want to try the henna-ing process. I have been natural for about 10 years. Recently, however, I have developed a very fickle relationship with my hair when it is in its curly state. My biggest problem is fairy knots. I believe this is the appropriate term. Basically, one strand of hair will have curled back on itself and formed a knot, and sometimes on one strand there is more than one. Not only does it make my hair feel rough and dry, but it leads to split ends. I have tried soooo many things to prevent this. I had reached a point where I thought this is just what happens to my hair when in it is in its natural state.

So,during the cool months, I just get my hair roller set and lightly flat ironed at the root in the salon and wear it straight, basically. Doing this has allowed me to gain some of the length I lost trying to wear it curly due to split ends and such. However, because I live in DC, each summer the straight way is not an option. The humidity is horrendous here. I also miss my hair curly. Honestly, life is easier and more carefree when it is curly. I don't worry about sweating, the rain, going swimming....you know.

So, I had decided to just wear it in a bun all summer. I mean it seemed to be the only way to stave off the fairy knots and funky ends. THENNNN I found this site.

So I will try it your way CurlyNikki. I want to first try the henna-ing. So my first question to all is...
-Is the only way to acquire the appropriate henna through an online purchase?
-If not (and you live in or around the DC metropiltan area) where?

Next question:
-Is the twist out a good idea for a 3c hair type?
-

Next question:
-After you have twisted your hair in the shower and it is product free, do you then undo the twists, apply the product, and then re-twist?
-If not, someone please explain.

Next question:
-What exactly is wrong with the conditioners that have wheat protein?
-Or I have proffered the wrong impression and there is a different protein that I should be wary of?

Okay that is all for now.

Thank you in advance for your help. And again, so glad I found this site

Peace

Kionikicks

kionikicks

Back to top Go down

Help with what I should do with my 3c Hair Empty Re: Help with what I should do with my 3c Hair

Post by tiashaunteé 21st May 2010, 11:21 am

-Is the only way to acquire the appropriate henna through an online purchase?
It's not the only way but for some it's the easiest way because it's always there

-Is the twist out a good idea for a 3c hair type?
How does your hair respond to twist outs? Hair type may not be useful since all hair responds differently even if they are the same type

-After you have twisted your hair in the shower and it is product free, do you then undo the twists, apply the product, and then re-twist?
Are you talk about the hair washing routine? If so, yes. If not, and you are talking about two strand twists for a twist out if you are going to add product you may want to do that while twisting each section

-What exactly is wrong with the conditioners that have wheat protein?
-Or I have proffered the wrong impression and there is a different protein that I should be wary of?
Nothing, that I know of. Unless you are protein sensitive or allergic to wheat. If not either of those - you should be fine with using them. I use a protein when needed.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Help with what I should do with my 3c Hair Empty Re: Help with what I should do with my 3c Hair

Post by CSI 26th May 2010, 7:37 pm

Try the 3C Thread or the Ask Mahogany Curls Thread since she's a 3C and does the twist out.

CSI

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down