CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Failed attempt at a BC

+15
SpringCurls
pdarden
Deva_87
swoodward
Karameldiva1978
sweetdrk1
priceless
~JOME~
Heart2Worship
Muz
LadyMika
Delta87
Lynnieluve
LaToya28
missqueenlene
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Failed attempt at a BC Empty Failed attempt at a BC

Post by missqueenlene 19th May 2010, 11:48 am

I have been transitioning for a little over 6 months now and recently made the decision to just go ahead and do the BC. Ive worn my hair the same way for 6 years (straight and relaxed) and I was ready for something drastic. I originally was going to search for natural hair salons but I got discouraged when looking at the prices ($95-$200 for a cut...wtf??) I couldn't justify spending that kind of money on my hair and didn't feel comfortable doing it myself. So yesterday, I decide to call my regular stylist and tell her what I wanted to do. She sounded a little apprehensive on the phone but willing.
WELL! When I walked in, she started giving me the 3rd degree and calling me crazy. She didn't understand what I wanted to do after I cut my hair. She asked "What do you want to do, walk around with an afro, you want to go back to school looking like that w/nappy hair?" She didn't get the concept.
Long story short, I ended up getting a bob and a press & curl. I'm now in desperate search of a natural hair salon. I really didn't expect all that. I was told I went to college and got crazy. I can't lie this was a very discouraging experience.
I'll be searching the forums for a natural hair salon in the Essex County NJ or NYC area.
missqueenlene
missqueenlene

Back to top Go down

Failed attempt at a BC Empty Re: Failed attempt at a BC

Post by LaToya28 19th May 2010, 12:25 pm

Why don't you just cut it yourself or have a friend do it?

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 19th May 2010, 12:28 pm

I'm sorry about how your stylist reacted....if you are crazy, then their are a lot of beautiful crazy women walking around, I am proud to be one of them!!

Dont get discouraged. I'm sure someone will suggest a place you can go and get your hair cut and styled.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Delta87 19th May 2010, 12:34 pm

Why don't you try someplace like a Great Clips or a Barber? Hang in there. It will work out Smile
Delta87
Delta87

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 19th May 2010, 12:47 pm

Go to a barber! Tell them exactly what you want, and they'll do it. I went to a barber for my second chop, and I paid all of $10. They'll even shape your hair for you if you ask them. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Hang in there!
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 19th May 2010, 1:14 pm

I plan on doing mine myself, here's a good vid on how: