CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

crissyQ farewell to curlstreet

+56
jeanlouisangel
kinksncurls
funkyhairchic
Sebastain13
Treece
DaButterflyBAP
missmoriah
netta
Ms.Mai
Hurricane Curly
Intelligentbeauty
queenshakirah
MomnWife
Nikcoils
curly-me-naturally
freckledmom4
PaganWifey
Ebbz
Fabulousat50
cyclingchick
AfrikanLatina
nattyblog
curlsunfurled
WhosThatRedHead
newcurlieque
EmbracingNaturalMe
jlowman1
MellowOne
coilykinks
bholmes87
TriniCherryPrincess
priceless
LadyMika
SheeTacular
Muz
Serenity23
sweetdrk1
mstokes2008
CocaColaCutie
LaToya28
TMS
BlondeByDesire
Juices-n-Berries
NhappyJackie
NubieNatty
ChrsLvsBks
ktoliver5303
KinkyNappyHappy
CurlsGalore
poeticlyspkng
TheRYL1
krazy coils
Lynnieluve
DvaAuNaturel
Curly_Aquarius
CrissyQ
60 posters

Page 5 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23 ... 41  Next

Go down

crissyQ farewell to curlstreet - Page 5 Empty Re: crissyQ farewell to curlstreet

Post by CrissyQ 27th May 2010, 11:24 am

Thanks for the suggestions, i did a co-wash last night and put the aloe vera on my hair crissyQ farewell to curlstreet - Page 5 Icon_evil , it started burning, what was that? i washed it out and just applied some HETT, maybe i will try it in as a spritz.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

crissyQ farewell to curlstreet - Page 5 Empty Re: crissyQ farewell to curlstreet

Post by krazy coils 27th May 2010, 12:21 pm

Hey CrissyQ! How are you? What kind of Aloe Vera Gel did you use?
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 27th May 2010, 12:35 pm

Burning????? Don't know about that. But I tried it as a gel and wasn't very impressed. Haven't used it since.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 27th May 2010, 12:57 pm

krazy coils wrote:Hey CrissyQ! How are you? What kind of Aloe Vera Gel did you use?

Liliy of the deasert, i will not be using it again.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 27th May 2010, 1:00 pm

Hey CrissyQ!!

Glad you asked...I would love to know how to use Aloe Vera Gel. I'm looking for some to use in my skin regiment. I can't find 100%...

Have a great day!! **waving**
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 27th May 2010, 5:44 pm

OK so why am I here at work twisting my hair? LOL, reading all these stories and see all thes wonderful twist put me in the mood to do mine. You guys are no good for me, I swear crissyQ farewell to curlstreet - Page 5 Icon_evil
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 27th May 2010, 6:04 pm

lmaoooooooo do you have a private office? Tooo much!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 27th May 2010, 6:08 pm

If that ain't HIH at it's best, I don't know what is crissyQ farewell to curlstreet - Page 5 Lol
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 27th May 2010, 6:13 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:lmaoooooooo do you have a private office? Tooo much!
Nooo, and I have to go to the bathroom, but I dont know how my hair looks in the back. crissyQ farewell to curlstreet - Page 5 Icon_biggrin I am going to make a run for it. crissyQ farewell to curlstreet - Page 5 879602 its pretty late so most people are gone or the day.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 27th May 2010, 6:13 pm

NhappyJackie wrote:If that ain't HIH at it's best, I don't know what is crissyQ farewell to curlstreet - Page 5 Lol

NJ, this is crazy! crissyQ farewell to curlstreet - Page 5 Lol
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 27th May 2010, 8:00 pm

CrissyQ wrote:
sweetdrk1 wrote:lmaoooooooo do you have a private office? Tooo much!
Nooo, and I have to go to the bathroom, but I dont know how my hair looks in the back. crissyQ farewell to curlstreet - Page 5 Icon_biggrin I am going to make a run for it. crissyQ farewell to curlstreet - Page 5 879602 its pretty late so most people are gone or the day.

crissyQ farewell to curlstreet - Page 5 Lol crissyQ farewell to curlstreet - Page 5 Lol

Hope you were able to make it and didn't run into anyone. CN.com can be so addictive. Sometimes I'll be online reading the CSJ postings and I'll get an email or phone call and instantly get annoyed. crissyQ farewell to curlstreet - Page 5 Icon_redface I know...I'm supposed to be working but we all have to find ways to make it through the day.

Looking forward to pics of your twist.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 27th May 2010, 10:54 pm

That second pic was super cute!!

I have used Lilly of the Desert Aloe Vera Gel to do my two strand flat twist for the CorrineBaileyRae style and I had good definition/great results but when I wet my hair after that to restyle it...My hair felt gulky (I know that is not a word, or is it?). I will save it to use as a back up if I run out gel but I will know ahead of time that I will only be able to achieve a one day hair or have to retwist/restyle with hair dry with no additional product.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 28th May 2010, 11:52 am

Hey Crissy Q, Love the new avi! So how did the twists look from yesterday at work?
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 28th May 2010, 12:01 pm

Hey CrissyQ, checking for twisted hair pics. Love the new avi! Your kids are super cute.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 28th May 2010, 12:03 pm

Love the new avatar!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 28th May 2010, 12:10 pm

I did not finish them, sorry. maybe i will try this weekend, I had used the Qhemet BRBC, shea butter and my water and oils spritz at about 3:00. My hair was dry when I started twisting, and it twisted pretty easily. I got a good 5-7 twist on one twist (does that make sense?)
Hope everyone's weekend is great TTYL
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 28th May 2010, 12:11 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Love the new avatar!

Thanks, these are my bundles of joy. Victor (9) and Zaria (16 months) crissyQ farewell to curlstreet - Page 5 Icon_sunny
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th May 2010, 1:14 pm

What a cute avatar....just beautiful. I love the name Zaria as you know. That is a little girl on the drill team with that name. Your babies are too cute!!

How are you doing this morning other than doing your hair at work...ROTFL!!

Hope you are having a good day!!

I'll check back with you later

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 28th May 2010, 7:45 pm

I m at this breaking point again. When i went natural the first go round I went back to the creamy crack after 5 months. I am at that point again, I am not going to perm my hair but I am so tired of the same ole thing! I need to do something, maybe get braids IDK. I see all the TWA-ers doing twist and I dont think I can do them. I am going to have to figure something out fast.

On another note, just found out today my son will have to go to summer school. I warned him that he was on that path but he did not believe me. I am so tempted not to let him go and make him repeat the 4th grade, maybe he will get it right the second time around crissyQ farewell to curlstreet - Page 5 Icon_evil Where is my wine!
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 28th May 2010, 8:06 pm

CrissyQ, go get your moscato...LOL. I'm sorry you are not feeling your hair right now. It can get boring. Try the twists girly...1)I know you can do yours and 2) I know they'll look good or try some coils. Did you see the list of TWA styles TMS posted in the TWA challenge thread? There were quite a few...which surprised me, so we do have styling options with the TWA. Please don't give up. You've been so encouraging and supportive so now we are going to return that to you. crissyQ farewell to curlstreet - Page 5 Icon_biggrin

Now, for your son, I'm sorry to hear about the summer school. Why don't kids listen? Please don't make him repeat though...lol. I'm sure he learned his lesson because his buddies will be out enjoying summer and he'll be in class or doing homework.

Get your wine, pamper your hair, breathe easy and get to twisting/coiling. I'll be coming back to check on you. crissyQ farewell to curlstreet - Page 5 Icon_wink
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 28th May 2010, 8:13 pm

Very nice avatar!

CrissyQ wrote:what is ayurvedic treatments?
It is a wholistic way of living for some Indians (as in pp from India from what I have read). Basically, they are herbs that are ground into powder. There are bunches of them. Naturallycurly.com has an extensive thread about them in the 4A forum. That is where I started. I have tried quite of few of them. You basically make a paste with them with water and/or oil. You can also make teas out of them to use as rinses.

CrissyQ wrote:I gotta figure out how to get the shadows out of background
If you are using a digital camera, try the white balance button when in Program mode or increase the exposure.

CrissyQ wrote:I have some aloe-vera gel at home and I want to use it for something. LOL, has anyone used this? if so please share your results.
[font=Georgia][color=indigo]I LOVE aloe vera gel. It is moisturizing to my Grace. I put it in my homemade leave in with conditioner, water and oil. I mix it with glycerin. I use it to smooth out my edges. If the ingredient is one of the first five in a product along with another one of my faves, it is on and popping
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 28th May 2010, 9:00 pm

Wishing you an awesome weekend, CrissyQ! Just popping in to see what's new with you!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 29th May 2010, 9:56 am

Hi CrissyQ....

Don't make him repeat!! I had to send Mr. Xander to summer school for enhancement (as they called it) twice. He hated it!! So when your son realizes that he's not having summer fun you will not have to go through this again!!

How are YOU doing? I see you want to win the lotto and live a life of leisure!! Well welcome to my world. I think about it all the time, but the deal is I never buy a ticket!!!

Anyway...hope you are having a good hair day and be patient it will all be worth it in the end...((hugs))

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 29th May 2010, 11:11 am

Hey CrissyQ,

I'm sorry about your son. I agree with the other ladies, make him go to summer school and stay on him.

As for your hair, you HAVE to be patient. This is not the first or last time you will be tired of the "same ole same ole." With this natural hair journey, it's all about patience. Hang in there. Enjoy your hair in every stage. In a few months, you will be wish for short hair again.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 29th May 2010, 1:17 pm

I am sorry to hear about your son. You should let him go to summer school and ride his back. You may also want to put him on a SUPER STRICT SCHEDULE.. My kids are enjoying life right now because my husband is not as organized as I am. I have a board with times written down that they must follow. So when he gets out of school he has an hour or two for homework.
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23 ... 41  Next