CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm getting my hair braided...

+2
ktoliver5303
NaturallyKeyStreet
6 posters

Go down

I'm getting my hair braided... Empty I'm getting my hair braided...

Post by NaturallyKeyStreet 13th May 2010, 6:19 pm

Hey ladies, I may get cornrows this weekend with hair added. What is the best type of hair to use for cornrows? I don't want to get anything expensive because I probably will only keep them in for about a week.

Thanks in advance!

NaturallyKeyStreet

Back to top Go down

I'm getting my hair braided... Empty Re: I'm getting my hair braided...

Post by ktoliver5303 14th May 2010, 4:02 am

Get the synthetic cheap pack. It is still a lil kinky so it will do fine with your hair. I got my hair cornrowed with that and it lasted for a good while.
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by shoco324 14th May 2010, 4:08 am

I agree with ktoliver for you to get the regular cheap packs...I did 2 sets (6 months) of Senegalese two-strand twists and used them and was able to wash, conditioner and moisture...every time I washed my hair, everyone thought I got new braids...hahaha
shoco324
shoco324

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRealGlo 14th May 2010, 5:16 am

Get Black 'n Gold Kanekalon braiding hair. Every girl in LA knows that if you want your braids looking fly, you better go with Black 'n Gold! Its about $3 a pack, the texture is much smoother than any other synthetic braiding hair and if you leave the ends loose your braider can dip the ends in very hot water and the ends will look like human hair but there is a technique to it...
Apply a clear gloss serum to ends once all the braids are done, CAREFULLY dip ends into extremely hot water (caution: you MUST be careful so you won't get burned), let ends soak for 15 seconds then take a towel and cover ends and run the towel downward pulling the hair nice & tight. This will give a silky straight human hair look vs. frizzy.

TheRealGlo

Back to top Go down

Post by R2D2 14th May 2010, 6:58 am

How long do cornrows last for? I've been thinking about getting them over the next vacation period so it looks nice and I don't have to deal with my hair. Does it make a difference if you have longer hair, say bra strap length?
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by labon10 14th May 2010, 9:41 am

I agree with Glo, Kanekalon braiding hair is pretty good. Didn't know about dipping the ends in water.

@R2D2...usually about 1-2 weeks. Since your hair is already long, I would not add additional hair, unless you want it longer.

labon10

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyKeyStreet 14th May 2010, 1:51 pm

Thanks ladies! I was skeptical of using Kankelon hair though b/c I have heard some horror stories about severe allergic reactions some people have had. They said something about its made with alkaline or something??? Has anyone else heard of this?

NaturallyKeyStreet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down