CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So yesterday my daughter got her hair braided for the FIRST TIME!!!

+5
Curlz of Luv
_kiner_
bholmes87
NikG20
oooop2
9 posters

Go down

So yesterday my daughter got her hair braided for the FIRST TIME!!! Empty So yesterday my daughter got her hair braided for the FIRST TIME!!!

Post by oooop2 10th February 2010, 12:57 am

This month I'm just outsourcing all hair care. Got mine done on Feb 3. Youngest daughter went to a different stylist and got hers braided on Feb 8. And my oldest gets hers done tomorrow. Now all I need to do is get DH to find a barber....LOL

Here are some pics:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I really need to learn how to braid neat like this!!

Thanks for letting me share Smile
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

So yesterday my daughter got her hair braided for the FIRST TIME!!! Empty Re: So yesterday my daughter got her hair braided for the FIRST TIME!!!

Post by NikG20 10th February 2010, 1:01 am

Her hair looks great!!! She looked so comfortable. Her hair is so long!!
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

So yesterday my daughter got her hair braided for the FIRST TIME!!! Empty Re: So yesterday my daughter got her hair braided for the FIRST TIME!!!

Post by bholmes87 10th February 2010, 1:03 am

Those are some beautiful braids!! I wish I could cornrow like that too. If you learn how, teach me! Laughing
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by _kiner_ 10th February 2010, 1:05 am

Your daughter is gorgeous! And her hair is beautiful!
_kiner_
_kiner_

http://makinithompson.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 10th February 2010, 1:07 am

NikG20 wrote:Her hair looks great!!! She looked so comfortable. Her hair is so long!!

Yeah..The stylist was really sweet and have a great interaction with kids. Kennedi got a little restless towards the end, but overall she was a champ. Even said she can't wait to have Ms. Marketa do her hair again....LOL
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 10th February 2010, 1:08 am

bholmes87 wrote:Those are some beautiful braids!! I wish I could cornrow like that too. If you learn how, teach me! Laughing

Thanks ladies for the kind words.....I'm trying to learn from NikG, but I don't think I'm placing my fingers right. My cornrows just don't look smooth. And I have NO CLUE how to even apply beads...
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 10th February 2010, 1:12 am

oooop2 wrote:
NikG20 wrote:Her hair looks great!!! She looked so comfortable. Her hair is so long!!

Yeah..The stylist was really sweet and have a great interaction with kids. Kennedi got a little restless towards the end, but overall she was a champ. Even said she can't wait to have Ms. Marketa do her hair again....LOL

That is too cute!!

My cornrows are not neat like that stylist either. I'm still new to the game too!! But oooop, you don't know how to add beads?!?! Shocked lol! You know, I don't really think I place my fingers right either, but as long as I can get the job done, right? Did you ever check out this website? This was THE website that taught me how to cornrow...

http://cornrows.co.uk/howto/howtobraidcornrowsx.html
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Curlz of Luv 10th February 2010, 1:21 am

Your daughter's hair is beautiful! And so long.

I do both of of my girls hair and I can' braid that neat either. The one thing I have learned that the products I use make a big difference in how the braids look and how well the last. I can start it out great but something happens when I get about 2/3 down the braid, it kinds twist. I also can't do beads. My girls don't like them cause they say it is hard to sleep with the beads, and the noise drives my husband crazy.

Having hair in breads like this makes the morning routine SOOO much easier. Hope she enjoys them.
Curlz of Luv
Curlz of Luv

http://curlsofluv.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CreoleLady88 10th February 2010, 5:00 pm

Awwww she's so cute, and her hair looks beautiful!
CreoleLady88
CreoleLady88

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 10th February 2010, 5:17 pm

Your daughter is sooo cute!!! Her hair length is an indicator that you've been taking real good care of her hair. Do you ever do twists on her hair?
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 10th February 2010, 5:53 pm

She's so cute & look at all that beautiful hair! It looks really good. You've done an AWESOME job taking care of her hair.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 10th February 2010, 7:29 pm

Your daughter is so cute anbd has beautiful hair! She actually reminds me of myself as a little girl. Awwww....memories!
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down