CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nape of Neck and Temple

3 posters

Go down

Nape of Neck and Temple Empty Nape of Neck and Temple

Post by transitionsista 12th May 2010, 4:34 pm

I am transitioning and hate the nape of my neck and temple. I was told on the forum before that that area is not your natural texture, but geez, I hate it and no matter what I do, it looks like a naturaperm mess. For those transitioning, when does it start looking decent? I really do not want to do the big chop because i have been cutting so much that I feel doing a big chop would not be best being that I am looking for a job right now. Please help

transitionsista

Back to top Go down

Nape of Neck and Temple Empty Re: Nape of Neck and Temple

Post by HappyCurly 12th May 2010, 11:21 pm

I'm transitioning, and i know what you mean! the nape of my neck has short hairs and they seem to just do what they want to do, while the rest of my hair is ready to look pretty. I worry about the nape when I try to do an updo, but if I wear it down or in a headband, it is covered up so I don't worry.

If it is going to be seen, I pin it up with a bobby pin, so it's stretched out. I'm not sure what the best thing to do with this hair is.

Temple, you mean like the corners of the front of my hair? it seems like since i've started going natural, this area has baby hairs that were never there before. i generally ignore this part also.

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 12th May 2010, 11:56 pm

It starts to look better as it grows out when your curls start forming more, and that depends on how fast your hair grows. I think that's why a lot of people wear a lot of headbands and scarfs.

And I don't think it will be a bad thing to look for a job after doing a BC, I'm cutting mine in 11 days and I'm still job hunting. Hopefully I'll get hired before then because I'm tired of being broke, but if I don't there are still ways to look professional Smile
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down