CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics

+88
MissyCee
naturallynola
MrsSunshinz
Jupitarlove
juicypeach
funkyhairchic
misskris
jeanlouisangel
CurlyChefRobin
gemofacurlgirl
Hurricane Curly
freckledmom4
thetiffany
newcurlieque
naturalmommyGA
curly-me-naturally
cyclingchick
PaganWifey
WhosThatRedHead
Ebbz
gigihaitiancurly
BeautifullyImpurfekt
wyldhoney
Serenity23
blondie
mstokes2008
AfrikanLatina
nattyblog
Neems
Janet36603
tiffytaffey
traveljunkie08
natural83
Mangos&Bananas
free2Bme
BajanPrincess82
Lotusfairie
curlsunfurled
jcanalena79
carfi366
priceless
Notthecoolmom
MahoganyCurls
HappyCurly
Keisha
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
soleil
jlowman1
NhappyJackie
dajewel
iri9109
poeticlyspkng
swoodward
CrissyQ
Muz
BlondeByDesire
SisterBoyd
CurlsGalore
Pinkrage
NubieNatty
Lynnieluve
.:Eden:.
Nikcoils
bholmes87
exhale1913
QuietButterfly
CocaColaCutie
LaToya28
SheeTacular
DvaAuNaturel
LadyMika
MsJay1121
missmoriah
krazy coils
TheRYL1
CocoEuro
coilylove
ktoliver5303
Intelligentbeauty
mrsmackey
Curly_Aquarius
KinkyNappyHappy
coilykinks
Karyn
sweetdrk1
ChrsLvsBks
MellowOne
Juices-n-Berries
92 posters

Page 10 of 34 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22 ... 34  Next

Go down

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 10 Empty Re: Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics

Post by coilykinks 20th May 2010, 7:10 pm

I love the definition of your twistout!

And congrats on 5 months of being chemical free!
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 10 Empty Re: Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics

Post by HappyCurly 20th May 2010, 8:19 pm

congrats~~!

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 20th May 2010, 9:43 pm

me too! congrats! My 2 month is today!!! Yay us!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 20th May 2010, 10:23 pm

Yes, oh, yes, I remember flickted, LOL, wow, memories!

I definitely understand your dilemma. When I saw your twist out, it became all the more real. You were working it lady.

Love the most recent photo shoot. Your pictures display your personality and I enjoy it.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 21st May 2010, 12:47 am

flickted used to be my favorite word! Wait a minute, I think i was called that once!!! Evil or Very Mad
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 21st May 2010, 4:23 am

Thanks all. I do like the camera. It's funny tho I think I look better in pictures that I do in real life.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 21st May 2010, 8:26 am

Great twist outs and Happy Five!! I am just stopping by to see how you are doing. Your twist are really defined. How u do dat?
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 21st May 2010, 8:36 am

Juices-n-Berries wrote:Thanks all. I do like the camera. It's funny tho I think I look better in pictures that I do in real life.
I'm so sure that not true! Very Happy Was the concert last night? or tonight? confused If it was last night how was it?
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 21st May 2010, 2:14 pm

ktoliver5303 wrote:Great twist outs and Happy Five!! I am just stopping by to see how you are doing. Your twist are really defined. How u do dat?

It took me a while to get it right. But it has to do with the size of them. The smaller you make them, the more defined. Also, I had to work on the pattern and amount of space in between. When there are too many parts or hair not falling in the right places, even if it's defined, it still looks flickted. Lol. So you end up having to fluff too much or pick or separate more and you lose the definition.

Curly_Aquarius wrote:
Juices-n-Berries wrote:Thanks all. I do like the camera. It's funny tho I think I look better in pictures that I do in real life.
I'm so sure that not true! Very Happy Was the concert last night? or tonight? confused If it was last night how was it?

You were right. Your daughter would have loved to come. It was entirely too many young people there. I felt sooooo out of place.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 21st May 2010, 6:11 pm

You were right. Your daughter would have loved to come. It was entirely too many young people there. I felt sooooo out of place.
I know all the young un's love "Heartbreak Drake" . But JnB you look like a teenager! LOL I am still getting over him being on Degrassi I used to watch that with my younger cousins, lol
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 21st May 2010, 6:48 pm

Curly_Aquarius wrote:
I know all the young un's love "Heartbreak Drake" . But JnB you look like a teenager! LOL I am still getting over him being on Degrassi I used to watch that with my younger cousins, lol

Yes, I know I "look" like a teenager. But not only am I 24, I am quite the old soul. So I feel much older than I am already. Plus Drake himself is 23, so I didn't expect the entire crowd to be under the drinking age. Smh. Lol. But I also used to watch Degrassi. It does take some getting used to because it was such a wholesome show, and now he's anything but... Lol.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 21st May 2010, 7:02 pm

Juices-n-Berries wrote:
Curly_Aquarius wrote:

Yes, I know I "look" like a teenager. But not only am I 24, I am quite the old soul. So I feel much older than I am already. Plus Drake himself is 23, so I didn't expect the entire crowd to be under the drinking age. Smh. Lol. But I also used to watch Degrassi. It does take some getting used to because it was such a wholesome show, and now he's anything but... Lol.
It's quite a shame, but I still remember him as Jimmy from the Block! Don't forget where you came from Drake ...
lol!
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 21st May 2010, 8:23 pm

Alright, this might be my longest post ever as I've updated my regimen and decided to share it with you.

Now I'm probably late on the sectioning bandwagon. It's nothing new. But it's new to me. Because my hair was shorter, I would wash, condition, and deep condition my whole head at a time. I suppose doing it that way was fine. But one day I was about to rinse my deep conditioner and I parted my hair in a spot and realize there was like no product there. And it occurred to me that with the density and volume of my hair, simply applying a product with my hands and running it through all over was not allowing everything to saturate my entire head of hair. However, how would I section it? My hair is thick and dense like I said, and because of it's current length, it will not hold large twists. I know many people (Kimmaytube who's technique I use to wash, etc) use twist and then wash and condition in sections. But I've tried and failed large twists. I end up having to make too many to accommodate the volume and it takes too long. Well last week when I did the banding, it occurred to me that I could use this technique to section my thick hair for washing and conditioning. Not only will it ensure that I don't miss any spots when applying products, but it will also help ensure that I am getting enough poo or cowash on my scalp during the actual washing process. Quite frankly, my hair is so thick it's hard to get to my scalp. So, I wonder if all the times I wash washing it ever really got clean, and that's why I had so much itching. With my hair sectioned, my scalp is more accessible.

So here is what I did today. I wanted to retry this Ghee because it's been getting such great reviews. So I decided to use this for my prepoo shed hair detangling process. (I know I'm on the product challenge and am doing Oyin, but as I stated prior, my goals for the product challenge is more focused on what happens after the washing and what comes before may vary) So I sectioned my hair, applied the Ghee and ran it through, finger detangling. Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! This is a keeper.

I sectioned and my hair into 10 sections and applied the band. Not to the length just at the root like a ponytail. See.

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 10 Frohaw10

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 10 Frohaw11

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 10 Frohaw12

I received my Trader Joes Nourish Spa and Tea Tree Products in the
mail from a little birdie. Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 10 Icon_biggrin Next, I applied a very small amount of Trader Joe's Tea Tree Shampoo in the parts. I am a tingle fanatic. So I was so excited that I could actually feel the tingle on the scalp. I rubbed that in and let it sit so I could enjoy. Then, I took down a few of the sections at a time, and applied TJ Nourish Spa Shampoo to the length of my hair. Now, why didn't I just use the Tea Tree you ask? Two reasons 1) When I used Giovanni Tea Tree Shampoo my hair felt like straw. So I had concerns about using a similar product to my hair. 2) I do not have a TJ in my area. And it's been very difficult for me to find shampoos and conditioners that meet my tingling/coolness addiction. So I will only use the goodness of the products where needed, which is on the scalp. And that way it will last longer.

Next, following Kimmaytube's procedure, I wrung out the shampoo with my hands. then applied the TJ Nourish Spa Conditioner. I detangled my hair with a wide tooth comb. Then I rinsed thoroughly and applied the TJ Tea Tree Conditioner. Massgaed it through my scalp and the length, and further detangled with my medium tooth comb. This step was unnecessary. Not the detangling part, but the switching of the conditioners. But I just got the stuff in the mail, and the PJ in me wanted to try everything. Lol. Then I rinsed again and put that part back in the pony. After doing this all over, I let water run all over just to ensure that all the product was out of my whole head.

Next, I removed the ponys and applied Giovanni Smooth as Silk Extreme Protein Treatment to each section and put the pony back on. I left that on about 10 minutes and then rinsed. Let me just say wow. I suddenly realized that I haven't been including any protein in my reggie. And my hair needed it! Let me tell you. My hair responded sooo well. It actually made my curls go Pop Goes the Weasel. Like, I had curls I didn't know I had. When I was rinsing it out, I could literally feel curls I'd never felt before. And not only that, they were clumping together, something my hair only does every now and then. I will most definitely be adding protein treatments to my regimen from now on.

Now after all of that. I took down each section. Applied in this order (water, oil, creamy) a spray or two of JnB, Oyin Honey Hemp, EVCO/ECOO mix, and Oyin Whipped Pudding. Then I banded most of the section into two sections (some were already small enough). This resulted in approximately 20 sections. I will give a report on how I'm feeling about Oyin this go round later.

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 10 Frohaw13

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 10 Frohaw14
Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 10 Frohaw15

Now, the only thing about this entire process is that it's terribly time consuming (heck, it's taking me an hour to write this and you've probably stopped reading by now. Lol)
Grrrr. Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 10 Icon_mad But I think it is going to be the best thing for my hair in the long run. So here is the plan.

Week 1- Do the entire sectioning process to wash with shampoo and condition. And do a protein treatment. I don't think I'm protein sensitive (this was my first time using), so I won't follow with a DT. The Giovanni Extreme made my hair both strong and soft, so I'll stick to it for now. If I use something that else that does dry me, I'll do a DT too. Sometimes, I will do henna instead. If I do, I will also follow with a DT.

Week 2 and 4- Cowash hair using original all over method.
No sectioning. (I don't want to overmanipulate by doing the sectioning too often, and I also don't have that kind of time. Lol) Deep condition with heat cap.

Week 3- Cowash hair. No deep condition or protein, but of course as with every week, do the Chicoro steps for proper moisture.
I also might try some random treatments in here like ACV n tea rinses. Cherry lola or caramel or bentonite. It'll be like my experimental week. Lol.

What was I doing before you ask? I have no idea. I was trying to develop a product regimen. But completely forgot about the actual routine. I forgot the when's where's how's and why's. I was only focusing on the what's!

Now it's summer. So my styles will vary. For now I'm loving how banding stretches my hair, so I'll probably do that quite a bit and wear puffs or fros or do some things with flat twists and the like. I won't throw protective styling completely out the window though. I'll still be rocking twists and braids as well. And as my PJism rises, I'll probably vary my products. But I'm in the product challenge, so this month, I'm only doing Oyin for styling and moisture. Poos and condishes are whatever I feel at the moment. Lol.

Now if you're still there and haven't fallen asleep reading this. Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 10 Icon_eek I'll give you a treat. Here's the frohawk I rocked yesterday. Ya'll have seen these earrings and outfit before, but it's one of my faves, and no one had seen it where I was going, so I did the fashion no no and repeated and ensemb. Sue me. Lol.

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 10 Frohaw16

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 10 Frohaw17

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 10 Frohaw18

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 10 Frohaw19

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 10 Frohaw20

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 10 Frohaw21

You survived my longest post ever! Yay! Now, because this post is so long and due to some personal reasons, I will be MIA next week. I'll keep up with my neighbors the rest of the weekend, but after that I won't be back till probably next Saturday. However, even though I won't be posting, I'll be reading your comments. So please write and let me know what you think. Don't forget about me. Lol. Later all!

Last edited by Juices-n-Berries on 21st May 2010, 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 21st May 2010, 8:35 pm

Whoa that was a lot! But good info. I started washing my hair in bands and I agree it's a lot easier. Especially when it comes to detangling.

http://members.fotki.com/jhippolyte/about

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st May 2010, 8:35 pm

Hey JnB...

Your post wasn't long just very informing!! So where do you get this trader joe stuff. I'm not buying...my next purchase will be hairveda. I was going to purchase today...but I really have to study the products to make sure I get what I really need!!!

Anyway...(sorry I got off track) I thing you have a good plan for your hair. I think I need to look closely at the whole process instead of the end result (styling) like I've been doing.

I'm going to keep up with you to see your results each week. Looking good in that fro-hawk and of course love the earrings!!

Have a great weekend!!

KNH

Last edited by KinkyNappyHappy on 21st May 2010, 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 21st May 2010, 8:51 pm

.:Eden:. wrote:Whoa that was a lot! But good info. I started washing my hair in bands and I agree it's a lot easier. Especially when it comes to detangling.

That's the other thing I forgot to mention. It definitely helps with detangling. Before, I wasn't breaking down each section but just trying to detangle all over. And when I went to twist, I noticed how ineffective it was.

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey JnB...

Your post wasn't long just very informing!! So where do you get this trader joe stuff. I'm not buying...my next purchase will be hairveda. I was going to purchase today...but I really have to study the products to make sure I get what I really need!!!

Anyway...(sorry I got of track) I thing you have a good plan for your hair. I think I need to look closely at the whole process instead of the end result (styling) like I've been doing.

I'm going to keep up with you to see your results each week. Look good in that fro-hawk and of course love the earrings!!

Have a great weekend!!

KNH

I posted in the swap, and one of our CN friends sent it to me. Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 10 Icon_smile I believe you can order it on Amazon but it's terribly overpriced. I think it's only 3 bucks in stores, but like 9 (not including shipping) on there.

Thanks for sitting through the post. Lol. I'll keep ya posted.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 21st May 2010, 11:18 pm

Very good info JnB! I might try this (banding)with my daughter's hair for length. Also I am a old soul too I prefer to hang out with persons older than me , But I love getting to know folks of all ages. I don't just always felt like I am out the loop with some people... But anyway please keep us updated about how your new reggie is going.
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 21st May 2010, 11:29 pm

Great post!!! Very informative. I know it will definitely help someone.....if they read the whole thing. Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 10 Icon_lol

I wash my hair in four sections but I am changing up my wash routine this weekend. I will only finger detangle in the shower and do the "real" detangling after I moisturize. I also plan to try your banding method to stretch and dry my hair overnight. I know you will be gone next week Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 10 Icon_sad but the results will be on my thread.

You tend to your personal things, and we will be waiting for you next Saturday... Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 10 Icon_cry
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 21st May 2010, 11:45 pm

Wonderful post!!! Thanks!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 22nd May 2010, 4:59 am

Curly_Aquarius wrote:Very good info JnB! I might try this (banding)with my daughter's hair for length. Also I am a old soul too I prefer to hang out with persons older than me , But I love getting to know folks of all ages. I don't just always felt like I am out the loop with some people... But anyway please keep us updated about how your new reggie is going.

Thanks for listening to me. Will do.

Lynnieluve wrote:Great post!!! Very informative. I know it will definitely help someone.....if they read the whole thing. Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 10 Icon_lol

I wash my hair in four sections but I am changing up my wash routine this weekend. I will only finger detangle in the shower and do the "real" detangling after I moisturize. I also plan to try your banding method to stretch and dry my hair overnight. I know you will be gone next week Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 10 Icon_sad but the results will be on my thread.

You tend to your personal things, and we will be waiting for you next Saturday... Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 10 Icon_cry

When my hair gets as long as Roxie, I'll probably be able to make fewer sections. I'll be back soon. Don't be Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 10 Icon_sad be Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 10 Icon_biggrin

swoodward wrote:Wonderful post!!! Thanks!

Glad I could help Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 10 Icon_smile
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 22nd May 2010, 11:12 am

i looooovvvvveeeed the frohawk! see you next week!
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 22nd May 2010, 11:46 am

hold up....LMAOOOO@ drake being "23" is this a JOKE!! his eyebrows clearly put him at 34, he must be telln his hollywood age cuz if he's 23 im preggers by p.diddy and co-signed a car for bill gates!

dont apologize for long posts, i do it all the time Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 10 Icon_biggrin and i enjoy reading them cuz i can visualize it since u really break it down. the banding technique is really workin for you, now i need to go out n get me some bands! really good job and u got them fro hawks down packed...i see u...mmmm hmmm!!

im gonna try washin in sections next time and i need to get back on to keepin a calendar to keep track of acv rinses and incorporating protein in the reggie!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 22nd May 2010, 12:27 pm

NubieNatty wrote:hold up....LMAOOOO@ drake being "23" is this a JOKE!! his eyebrows clearly put him at 34, he must be telln his hollywood age cuz if he's 23 im preggers by p.diddy and co-signed a car for bill gates!

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 10 Lol Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 10 Lol Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 10 Lol he really is 23...and u dont wanna be preggers by diddy Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 10 Kopfschuettel ...he got issues w/ child support and a pack of off spring already lol
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 22nd May 2010, 9:53 pm

iri9109 wrote:i looooovvvvveeeed the frohawk! see you next week!

NubieNatty wrote:hold up....LMAOOOO@ drake being "23" is this a JOKE!! his eyebrows clearly put him at 34, he must be telln his hollywood age cuz if he's 23 im preggers by p.diddy and co-signed a car for bill gates!

dont apologize for long posts, i do it all the time Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 10 Icon_biggrin and i enjoy reading them cuz i can visualize it since u really break it down. the banding technique is really workin for you, now i need to go out n get me some bands! really good job and u got them fro hawks down packed...i see u...mmmm hmmm!!

im gonna try washin in sections next time and i need to get back on to keepin a calendar to keep track of acv rinses and incorporating protein in the reggie!

iri9109 wrote:

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 10 Lol Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 10 Lol Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 10 Lol he really is 23...and u dont wanna be preggers by diddy Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 10 Kopfschuettel ...he got issues w/ child support and a pack of off spring already lol

Lol. Thanks ya'll. Nubie you always keep me laughing. Drake's eyebrows are somethin serious. Lol. I usually date older men, but I'd make an exception. Lol.

And yea, Diddy got like 8 kids or somethin. No bueno. Lol.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 23rd May 2010, 3:16 pm

hey girl!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 34 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22 ... 34  Next