CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I was in Target's When an Interracial couple.....

+2
jessimae
TaSiaJaY
6 posters

Go down

I was in Target's When an Interracial couple..... Empty I was in Target's When an Interracial couple.....

Post by TaSiaJaY 10th May 2010, 5:22 pm

This was the cutest couple that I have encountered in sometime....she was petite dark haired and feisty and he was a super tall, bald, cautious and formidable figure. At the time I was looking for a tooth brush for my son, I could hear the woman reading the directions and results of a child perm. In the tooth brush isle with my new two strand twists and side waves I was thinking about getting home and signing up late for the twist challenge! I walked away diverting my eyes, but she caught mine and my hair! Can I ask your opinion...jokingly I said no (but seriously you don't want to ask me) she asked about putting the perm in her daughter hair. The description she gave me made want to just slap her down to the Target floor! My daughter has very tight curls, they are curly tendrils that are very curly but so soft and pretty and the husband said I don't want to put this product in her hair! The husband was holding the box and intently reading the inredients shaking is head and explaining that his ex wife put one of these in one of their daughters hair and it turned nappy! UHMMMM DO YOU SEE WHO YOU ARE TALKING TOO?...laughing...I said I would advise against it because it is a chemical that you are putting on your daughters hair and it could change every aspect of the health of her hair.....

WHOA! CURLY NIKKI AND MIXED CHICKS crossed my mind and they got sooooo excited because he had seen Curly Nikki on Tyra and didn't realized that the hair care extended to children! I was so happy to give out the information and they thanked me and I said your welcome.......hoping that they really would go to the website for information. I even told them about the sister with the little girl on Curly Nikki providing hairstyles and info....

BY THE WAY..........THE LITTLE GIRL IS "ONLY THREE YEARS OLD..........

sigh....
TaSiaJaY
TaSiaJaY

Back to top Go down

I was in Target's When an Interracial couple..... Empty Re: I was in Target's When an Interracial couple.....

Post by jessimae 10th May 2010, 5:28 pm

I hope what you did made a difference!
jessimae
jessimae

https://www.youtube.com/user/jesssimae

Back to top Go down

I was in Target's When an Interracial couple..... Empty Re: I was in Target's When an Interracial couple.....

Post by NikG20 10th May 2010, 5:34 pm

Wow! I lmao @ "The description she gave me made want to just slap her down to the Target floor!" but that is so great that you were able to help her. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I remember being that clueless mom as well. I really hope she didn't buy it and visits CN!Smile
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 10th May 2010, 5:35 pm

yay for spreading the curly nikki knowledge. you probably saved that three year old from a lifetime of hair drama
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 10th May 2010, 5:42 pm

You are that little girls angel b/c she just does not know what she was in for! Poor baby! As CCC said, you just saved her from a lifetime of hair drama!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by TaSiaJaY 11th May 2010, 4:56 pm

@Jlowman1....I am hoping that they did not choose to apply the chemicals to the little girls hair, I was just shocked when she said the baby was three, I guess I am out of the loop as far as hair when it comes to little girls because I have two boys 13 and 22. I remember having not having a perm until I was 15...maybe I received my angel wings Laughing

@CocaColaCutie and JessieMae....I was so happy that I could pass on some information to the couple

@Nik....lol...yes I am a certified nut

BY THE WAY THIS SHOULD TICKLE YOU ALL....The husband said to me "You are right about the perm because it destroyed my older daughter's hair, Now it is as NAPPY as mine".....laughing so hard....I wonder if he noticed my magnificent halo?... afro
TaSiaJaY
TaSiaJaY

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 11th May 2010, 5:22 pm

So many times I WISH white mothers (and black ones too I guess!) would ask me about their biracial childrens' hair! Sometimes I see curls that could be poppin' and gorgeous, but they are dried out, matted, and/or frizzy...it just hurts my heart!
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by TaSiaJaY 22nd May 2010, 8:21 pm

I know Bajan Princess....there should be something inside that tells you...wow! I really WANT my little girl to look great.....sigh
TaSiaJaY
TaSiaJaY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down