CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Protection

3 posters

Go down

Protection Empty Protection

Post by summerbreeze76 4th May 2010, 5:32 pm

Ok so i was getting really exhausted with the constant nightly routine of manipulating my hair into coil, twists etc and waking up to flat hari. I finally tried the Puff and it seems to be what i need to do for now and it is giving me a little break from all the constant hair worrying.

My question is do i need to be doing something special at night to it. RIght now i dont even twist it or anything. I wet it in the morning with my spray bottle of Olive Oil and Water or my other spray bottle that has some of everything in it, then i lay the sides down with IC Gel, tie that go about my business and then b4 i leave for work i untie it. THis has seriously minimized my morning routine.

Is this enough care? I still moisturize with a leave in and i just DC on Saturday. I just wanna make sure i am on the right track for keeping my hair healthy?

Thanks
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Protection Empty Re: Protection

Post by Jonezy 4th May 2010, 7:24 pm

I think if it's working for you, go for it. In my opinion--Only you can tell if you're caring enough for your hair/ using the right(or enough) products or not--by what your hair is looking and feeling like. What works for you, it is for you Smile

I think most people agree that low manipulation is good for the hair--so not re-twisting at night is not a bad thing--and depends on what you want your hair to look like the next day--or how your hair reacts to the way your sleep at night (if I left my hair loose it be in a big knot in the morning, so i braid or tie it up loosely--that's what works best for me). The only thing I'd suggest is sleepin on a satin pillow of tying up at night with a satin scarf/bonnet if you're not already doing that.
Jonezy
Jonezy

http://www.bleucoiffure.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by soleil 5th May 2010, 9:41 pm

Honestly, the puff has been my go-to semi-protective style as well. I hate the time it takes to twist my hair! Especially since I always end up taking them down a few days later because I'm bored with them. And, my hair is at an odd in-between length where twist-outs look AWFUL on me! So, the puff is my friend! I think as long as you're keeping it moisturized (and you said you are) and you don't pull the puff back too tight, you're just fine!
soleil
soleil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down