CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nikcoils - Shingling- Do you have any Tips?

+45
cyclingchick
ktoliver5303
MsJay1121
SisterBoyd
BlondeByDesire
funkyhairchic
Intelligentbeauty
Neems
Notthecoolmom
DvaAuNaturel
naturallynola
kinksncurls
BajanPrincess82
MomnWife
thetiffany
Juices-n-Berries
nattyblog
WhosThatRedHead
CocoEuro
tiashaunteé
Keisha
LaToya28
AfrikanLatina
priceless
CrissyQ
Karyn
swoodward
curly-me-naturally
TheBigBoyAssGayBoyg
CocaColaCutie
CurlsGalore
naturalchic
NubieNatty
TheRYL1
krazy coils
ChrsLvsBks
TurquoizBlue
jlowman1
bholmes87
poeticlyspkng
Lynnieluve
QuietButterfly
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
Nikcoils
49 posters

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 4 Empty Re: Nikcoils - Shingling- Do you have any Tips?

Post by krazy coils 14th June 2010, 2:37 pm

Cute updo and love the new avi!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 4 Empty Re: Nikcoils - Shingling- Do you have any Tips?

Post by Nikcoils 14th June 2010, 2:43 pm

krazy coils wrote:Cute updo and love the new avi!

Thanks! I had to figure something out! I got so much hair but it doesn't always have to take forever to do it.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 14th June 2010, 2:55 pm

AWWW YOU DO LOOK PRETTY
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 14th June 2010, 4:44 pm

Loves it!!! That's hot!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 14th June 2010, 6:01 pm

I like the updo and the new avi! Cute! I cant wait until my hair is long enough to do updos.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 14th June 2010, 7:30 pm

Gorgeous!!!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 14th June 2010, 11:10 pm

loving the hair. my hair never been that long but i think you have inspired me to really let it keep growing to see how long i can get it.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 15th June 2010, 2:03 pm

priceless wrote:loving the hair. my hair never been that long but i think you have inspired me to really let it keep growing to see how long i can get it.

Thanks Ladies!! I am very happy to encourage anyone. I get frustrated with my hair from time to time but i will usually just through it in a bun. My mom will say why don't you just perm it, I'm sure it will be long and pretty. I still get this and my last perm was in 2001. When I was in college I always kept it in a layered cut about armpit length when I was relaxed. But then I saw a picture of me when I was 10 with this long thick hair that was BSL and I saw pics when I was 2 with these curls that my mom told me she just wet my hair around a pencil. I wondered I wonder if I grow this perm out if i can get my hair like that again. I would do straw sets to get curls but had no idea how my own hair texture was. And I knew nothing about taking care of my hair in it non-permed state. But my stylist did she is natural and made sure I was Deep Conditioned and trimmed my ends little by little. It was only this year that i wanted to wear my hair in it natural state, and I could keep my hair bone straight after I would spend 4hr+ pressing and flat ironing. I would just keep it in a bun until there was a special occasion. I am just now realizing that those BUNS were what helped with protecting my ends and i never used gel to lay down my hair only water and a satin scarf. I never pulled to tight because scarf did the laying down for me. But now I want to venture out and figure out how to cornrow and do more protective styling for me and my daughter.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 15th June 2010, 2:05 pm

I love the updo in the avi! So cute and springy/summery! Definitely put that style in rotation. Cute and easy is always a plus in my book Smile
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 15th June 2010, 4:35 pm

Hi Npmoore,

When I was young the older ladies would say "i hope her hair stays pretty like that" or "I hope her hair don't turn". Of course a lot of the older ladies were relaxed or pressed. We spent an awful lot of time on getting our hair to look one way and no time on getting it to look it's best in its natural state.

My sis just went through this with her beautiful two year old. She looked at her head full of soft curls and promised she would take care of it. No "training" (you know what kind I mean), no super tight cornrows or braids. No mini face lifts and broken ends. After a few months she started wondering about her own hair. I told her she had the best hair color ever but neither one of us had seen in in decades. She is going on 3 months natural and she has the densest, rich seal-colored spirals. And of course my niece's hair is down her back!

It is a wonderful thing we have discovered - our own selves. queen
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 17th June 2010, 2:58 pm

I so agree swoodward. My family is loves playing the dozens but they know i will only take so many comment about my hair or my daughter's hair. I keep her hair in two strand twist small ones and style it in different ponytail, etc. and they always want to comment if you straighten her hair it would be down her back. I always tell them if you look at pick when i was her age yall kept be in cornrowns and french braids and my hair grew like crazy why would i straighten my daughter hair cause it 2010. please! i want my child to look like a child which means she doesn't have to have a press n curl to be beautiful and neither do I.

Happy Thurdays!

Today is my Friday tomorrow is my last Furlough day off. I will kinda miss the furlough days off, but won't miss the pay cut! But God is good because even with the 10 percent cut he has provided and made a way. I've learned that I am able to live without some material items and that I need to save more and tithe more.

On the hair front:

My hair is still up in my updo but this is what my pony looks like before I pin it back to look like a small puff.

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 4 Wngpon10

Also today is Mini Me's last day of school. I've never seen this child so happy at 7:30 in the morning. usually "it's awww man i have school today!" Every single day I've heard this from a 4 yr old. I told her it was her job. And so todal she tell me, YES! this is my last day at work! Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 4 Lol Um and she is only in pre-school. She wanted rock her hello kitty bow to school and take a pic with her beloved stuffed animals before going to school.

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 4 Noeysl10

Since I am off tomorrow, I will be attempting some flat twist updo I've eye balled on You Tube!
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 17th June 2010, 7:34 pm

Hey lady, your updo is super cute and I love the flowers!

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 17th June 2010, 8:17 pm

Love the updo!! My last perm was in 2001 as well. Can't wait till my hair gets as long as yours Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 4 Icon_biggrin
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 18th June 2010, 8:19 pm

Happy Friday!

I attempt the updo tia and mahoganyknots did except I put my own lil twist on it by doing bantu knots at each end and in the u shaped are. I will be taking the knots out tonight for date night with hubby. Pics on Monday.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Keisha 18th June 2010, 11:40 pm

your daugther is beautiful and she has your same exact smile... Im 26 and I say the same thing when the semester starts "aww I have school today" lol. You might be hearing that for some years.
Keisha
Keisha

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 21st June 2010, 3:00 pm

Happy Friday!

I had great hair weekend! Thanks to Tiashauntee and MahagonyKnots both ladies are on you tube. So I did a 2 strand flat twist updo, because I didn't have the paitience to try and cornrow my hair, but I did find the two strand flat twisting my hair upside down was more comfortable on my arms. (thanks TIA for that technique). The u-shaped area that I left out in the front like both ladies did in their videos instead of twisting it or pinning it. I did 2 strand Bantu Knots on damp hair that i spritzed with my water/tea tree oil/evoo/condish mix and twisted with coconut oil and ecostyler left those knots in for about 4 hours or until they dried. So I could take them out for my father's day date with hubby on Friday night since he had to work on father's day. The BKO came out beautiful, I received many compliments on it. So I've worn this style 4 ways so far.

1. updo style with the bantu knots (this style is for those who don't mind shock value Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 4 Affraid some people will look at you like you crazy)
before I 2 stand twist bantu knotted the u-shaped area(the flat twist are all in bantu knots and i look like cousin it Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 4 Lol but the front crown of my hair is apl unstretched cool Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 4 Icon_rr )
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 4 Updoba13

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 4 Updoba10

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 4 Updoba11

(the unravel of the bantu knots) aren't they cute I would wear my hair like this as well The ushaped section only unraveled and the bantu knots in the back still in tack
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 4 Updoba12

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 4 Updofl14

2. updo style with the bantu knot out bangs
(day 1)
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 4 Updofl10

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 4 Updofl11

Day 2
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 4 Updofl12

3. updo style with side swept bantu knot out bang with flower
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 4 Updofl13

Back view
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 4 Flattw23

4. updo style with two strand twist pin in pinwheels (similar to tiashauntee) but threw a flower headband on before heading out to work today.

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 4 Updofl15

I will be putting this in my staple styles. Have a great day Curly Ladies!
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 21st June 2010, 3:16 pm

Cute!! I love all the different ways you wore it. You really made it your own!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 21st June 2010, 3:26 pm

All of those styles are super cute! Your bko was really defined and I really loved the blue flower!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 21st June 2010, 3:32 pm

Wow girl! You have so much hair! I dream of hair that long! Your bko was really nice and I too loved all the ways you wore it! Cute, cute cute!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 21st June 2010, 4:23 pm

I like your personal twist on each style! So creative! If only I had the skills to flat twist. **sigh**
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 21st June 2010, 4:45 pm

How to Two strand flat twist girl i just learned a few months ago on you tube. I'm still working on learning how to corn row.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 21st June 2010, 5:32 pm

Love that new avatar!!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 22nd June 2010, 3:10 am

I've been thinking about trying that style myself...... I think I might start stalking your journal, LOL......i love your hair!!!
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 22nd June 2010, 1:01 pm

You are working those updos. Good job!

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 22nd June 2010, 9:21 pm

Are you related to someone named Nia? You look a lot like my friend who lives in San Diego.

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next