CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nikcoils - Shingling- Do you have any Tips?

+45
cyclingchick
ktoliver5303
MsJay1121
SisterBoyd
BlondeByDesire
funkyhairchic
Intelligentbeauty
Neems
Notthecoolmom
DvaAuNaturel
naturallynola
kinksncurls
BajanPrincess82
MomnWife
thetiffany
Juices-n-Berries
nattyblog
WhosThatRedHead
CocoEuro
tiashaunteƩ
Keisha
LaToya28
AfrikanLatina
priceless
CrissyQ
Karyn
swoodward
curly-me-naturally
TheBigBoyAssGayBoyg
CocaColaCutie
CurlsGalore
naturalchic
NubieNatty
TheRYL1
krazy coils
ChrsLvsBks
TurquoizBlue
jlowman1
bholmes87
poeticlyspkng
Lynnieluve
QuietButterfly
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
Nikcoils
49 posters

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 3 Empty Re: Nikcoils - Shingling- Do you have any Tips?

Post by sweetdrk1 25th May 2010, 3:19 pm

hair looks beautiful!!! Great job!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 3 Empty Re: Nikcoils - Shingling- Do you have any Tips?

Post by CocaColaCutie 25th May 2010, 3:19 pm

good job on all the styling you've been doing on your hair and granny's. You have some long hair! Wow. I really want my hair to get that long. How long have you been natural again?
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 25th May 2010, 3:21 pm

9 years since my last relaxer and fully natural for 7 years.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 25th May 2010, 3:25 pm

npmoore04 wrote:9 years since my last relaxer and fully natural for 7 years.

Wow! That is quite a journey! I got a ways to go. I just got one full year under my belt. LOL.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 25th May 2010, 5:43 pm

Very Cute!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 28th May 2010, 6:18 pm

Man o Man have I been lazy or shall I say disciplined? I've had my twist in for almost 2 weeks and all i did was cowash them and re-spitz with my evoo/condish/water mix and seal with coconut oil. I am so proud of my self. I do style them different ways. From wearing them down with a headband or pinning them up different ways. I love it. This weekend I shall set them free and re-twist them sometime next week.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 28th May 2010, 6:50 pm

I am so glad today is the last day of the Twist Challenge!! I cant wait to set Roxie free!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 28th May 2010, 7:17 pm

oh my goodness! I've seen so many cute headbands and flower clips that i want to wear with my hair out and I invested in some banna clips to try with my twist out!

VEGAS TRIP (LAST TIME I WORE MY HAIR OUT) SHEBA HAD FUN IN SIN CITY
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 3 Menmik10
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 1st June 2010, 3:34 pm

Had a great memorial day weekend! Spent time with my dad at his house. And ended it yesterday by going to the UCLA Reggaefest with hubby and my cousins. Watched Nas and Damien Marley perform together it was an awesome show and plenty of curlies around. My cousin is transitioning and she said she hadn't seen so many natural folks since she started transitioning. Funny to me how certain events bring more naturalistas out. I've been rocking a wash n go, cause i have figured out how to style my hair since the twist challenge is over. Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 3 Icon_scratch But we've been having lovely weather out here in cali so my wash n go is enjoying it. got some reason I couldn't get a decent picture of it in my opinion.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 2nd June 2010, 6:52 pm

Happy Wednesday Curlies of the World!

As much as I would love to wear Banana clips and Plastic headbands my extra large head and hair is not having it. Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 3 Icon_mad I attempted this weekend to do a frohawk with the banana clip (large ones) and I just could not get all of sheba in there. I even tried putting my hair in a pony and then putting the banana clip on and still it either would fasten or if it did it was wayyyy to tight. Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 3 Icon_evil so i called it a day after hubby kept laughing at my frustrations with said DUMB banana clip and just wore a wash n go with way too much coconut oil. That my cousin asked me was why was a sweating? Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 3 Icon_neutral refering to the oil on my forehead.

Then this morning I tried to whipped out a plastic headband even though I have broken many of the thin ones. This one was wider I put it on my head and I think I blinked and it broke Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 3 Icon_rolleyes . I think I need to stick to my flower clips and fabric headwraps with elastic on the back. Not all Accessories are created equal for my hair even though LAWD KNOWS I want to rock a fierce frohawk i might have to try the 3 ponytails that you pin in 4 sections each...i forgot what that style is called.

How my hair looked after taking out my twist i had up for 2 weeks for the end of the twist challenge:
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 3 Memday11

Here is my end result of the banana clip frustration:

Memorial Monday at the UCLA Reggaefest (wash n go with a random braid on each side of my hair) and i random mini pony on top just a bunch of randomness going on oh yeah and a flower on the side as well (i think i over did it)
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 3 Memday10
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBigBoyAssGayBoyg 2nd June 2010, 6:54 pm

I had big ass boy gay fugged in the ass Smile
TheBigBoyAssGayBoyg
TheBigBoyAssGayBoyg

Back to top Go down

Post by curly-me-naturally 2nd June 2010, 8:25 pm

npmoore04 wrote:9 years since my last relaxer and fully natural for 7 years.

Wow that is awsome and Sheba looks Fab-u-lous!!!!

yes it looks like you have very thick hair ... but you can still rock the fro hawk , you should try some gel to slick back the side and secure it with bobby pins . It should work really well for you . that how I did mine .
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 3rd June 2010, 1:38 am

You have a lovely family!

I am inspired by you.
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 3rd June 2010, 1:44 am

AHAHA I feel you on the banana clips. I was like "aww sooky sooky now, imma rock that nice side puff like tia" Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 3 Icon_rolleyes my hair pretty much laughed at me. It was WAYYYYY too thick to fit into that clip without me suffering slight brain damage. I'm gonna try to find a bigger one lol

And LOL at the coconut oil debacle. My mom has wiped plenty of dripping oils from my face hahaha
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd June 2010, 10:19 am

Sorry about the headband and banana clips.

Cute new avatar!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 4th June 2010, 3:33 pm

Thanks lynnie!

Happy Friday!
I am off today and I have a pool party to attend tomorrow that is a fund raiser for my 15 year high school reunion. I've been wearing my hair in a curly wash n go puff. Should I change it up? Maybe but twist all over? I tried putting in a few box braids in and even though when sheba is free she is thick and big. But in braids they are very then and scalpy. And I end up pulling them up in a pony. Oh if could have some juicy twist!
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 4th June 2010, 4:03 pm

I think the curly wash and go puff will look cute at a pool party and maybe add a flower to your hair!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 5th June 2010, 5:09 pm

ditto...
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 5th June 2010, 9:28 pm

Your hair is soooo pretty!!! I love your Vegas hair!!! The length is where I'd like mine to be...very pretty.
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 7th June 2010, 10:25 am

Hey there lady! I did a frohawk with just bobby pins the first time I did one in January. You should try it. The key is to do it with damp or wet. You can check out pictures of it here in the January folder.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 7th June 2010, 2:17 pm

ur avi is too cute and i looooove ur lips in red. lmaoooooo@ the coconut on ur 4head, toooo funny!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 7th June 2010, 3:55 pm

Thank you ladies for the compliments!

Thanks CHRS! I really want to get that down packed cause i love that look. Going to check out your fotki!
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 10th June 2010, 4:01 pm

Happy Thusday!

Been M.I.A cause I was at home with a sick child. But she is all better now (the clue was when she put on "Girls just wanna have fun" by Cyndi Lauper and came in my room with a hot pink rock star shirt and jeans and a silver head band on like she walked out of the video circa 1983) Yes my 4 yr old was rocking the classic music i grew up on... Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 3 Lol that is when i told her you going to school tomorrow. Nothing new on the hair front went to a pool party this weekend and got 3 shades darker. Been looking at all these lovely hair do on Curl Street and I am inspired to try some new stuff. Mini me is going to a slumber party tomorrow Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 3 678474 so me and hubby gonna go check out Karate Kid so i need a date night do which i need to do tonight to go out tomorrow night.

Me and hubby at pool party
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 3 Dhouse11
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 10th June 2010, 8:30 pm

Hey Npmoore04!

Been meaning to get over here a long time ago...takes a while to get up Curl Street!

Love your avi! :-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 14th June 2010, 2:24 pm

Happy Monday Ladies!!

Mini Me went to a slumber party this weekend so me and Hubby had a movie date with the Karate Kid and that movie was the BOMB!!! Jaden Smith, Jackie Chan and Taraji Henson were wonderful! I loved taraji had her hair in a natural style (even though it was a wig or weave) through out the movie and wearing traditional chinese dresses with her hair pinned up.

So Hubby let me know that sometime I can be a lil outrageous with my hair Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 3 Icon_rolleyes before giving him the serious WHAT YOU TALKING BOUT WILLIS! side eye... I asked if he could elaborate. He said I sometimes take hours to do my hair but right befroe we go some where and then in the end wind up putting it in a ponytail or just wearing it down (wash n go). So instead of arguing I actually agreed i am some what of a procrastinator so I figured out a updo style that took me about 10 minutes to do. I had already cowashed my hair that morning, I 2 strand flat twisted 2 twists in the front and I just pulled my hair up in a high pony put a lil ECO styler on it and gather the twist with the pony. The hair that was out I curved around my thumbs and tucked on the side and took a large hair clamp and secured it in the back. I pulled out 2 strands of hair to make lil curlies and plopped a flower in it. I wore this style Saturday and Sunday oh yeah and today. It took me all of 10 minutes and hubby was happy time wise and said I looked pretty. Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 3 Herz

But I am realizing I need to pre-plan doing styles that are brand nu because I have no idea if it will work for my hair.

SO here are my pics of my 10 minute weekend updo it looks like a puff in the front but my pony comes to my ear so remeber it is tucked and clamped in the back.

Saturday Night

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 3 Updore10

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 3 Updore11

Sunday after church

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 3 Updowi10

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 3 Updobl10
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next