CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BSL and Longer Naturals

+3
natural83
ChrsLvsBks
Peachtree
7 posters

Go down

BSL and Longer Naturals Empty BSL and Longer Naturals

Post by Peachtree 29th April 2010, 9:41 pm

Ladies,

Just curious, are there any naturals (here) bra strap length or longer (stretched) trying to reach a longer length milestone? (guessing that overall hair health has already been achieved)

I seem to change my mind often about this...Wondering how others feel about growing longer.

Chime in.
Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

BSL and Longer Naturals Empty Re: BSL and Longer Naturals

Post by ChrsLvsBks 30th April 2010, 5:21 pm

I want my hair to grow to WL stretch so the curls, hopefully, will be BSL. We shall see how this goes since my curls' elasticity varies by area. Some areas have none while others is about 40%. Also age is a factor for me. I am 38 and not sure if I want BSL curly hair as I reach 45.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 30th April 2010, 5:33 pm

@Peachtree & @ChrsLvsBks Both of you guys have gorgeous long hair that I adore! What are some things that you all have done to retain length? Or I guess I should say what has been the most effective solution in retaining length? My hair seems to grow slow, but here lately since I've really been sticking to a regimen, i can tell that its growing!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 30th April 2010, 6:53 pm

My hair at one point was waist length stretched and APL unstretched but at the time my daughter was under the age of two and it kept getting attached to stuff like Seat belts, food, daughter pulling it, etc. when i wore it out. Hubby loved it, but I just wound up keep it in a bun or pony 90% of the time, hence one of the reasons it grew so much (low mainpulation) So the length I currently have it in a lil pass BSL stretched is what i adore cause unstretched it is a lil pass my shoulders or can easily mimick a shorter do without me having to cut my hair. It's like having the best of both worlds. I just want to keep it healthy.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

BSL and Longer Naturals Empty What is BSL?

Post by Estiscurls 30th April 2010, 11:36 pm

What is BSL and any other acronyms used here? Thank you Thank you Thank you
Estiscurls
Estiscurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachtree 1st May 2010, 12:03 am

ChrsLvsBks wrote:I want my hair to grow to WL stretch so the curls, hopefully, will be BSL. We shall see how this goes since my curls' elasticity varies by area. Some areas have none while others is about 40%. Also age is a factor for me. I am 38 and not sure if I want BSL curly hair as I reach 45.

I'm 37 (will be 38 in a couple mths) so I feel you on the age factor.

Currently, I am WL stretched but my shrinkage is F.I.E.R.C.E!! My sides have a loose curl and shrinks to my shoulders, but my crown has a tight coil and shrinks to my scalp [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] (no joke, I have pics in my album, lol).
Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachtree 1st May 2010, 12:16 am

natural83 wrote:@Peachtree & @ChrsLvsBks Both of you guys have gorgeous long hair that I adore! What are some things that you all have done to retain length? Or I guess I should say what has been the most effective solution in retaining length? My hair seems to grow slow, but here lately since I've really been sticking to a regimen, i can tell that its growing!

Thanks!

The biggest (and easiest) way for me to retain length is by wearing buns (with ends hidden). I spray mist, seal my ends, gather, then make a bun, and wear that same bun for a week (may take it down and re-gather at day 3 or 4). You've heard of low manipulation? Well mine is VERY LOW! The only reason why I wear buns 90% of the time is simply because I don't have the time nor energy to do my hair, lol. The longer it gets, the more I have to work with. Besides by the time I finish my daughter's hair I am simply WIPED OUT!!!
Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachtree 1st May 2010, 12:23 am

npmoore04 wrote:My hair at one point was waist length stretched and APL unstretched but at the time my daughter was under the age of two and it kept getting attached to stuff like Seat belts, food, daughter pulling it, etc. when i wore it out. Hubby loved it, but I just wound up keep it in a bun or pony 90% of the time, hence one of the reasons it grew so much (low mainpulation) So the length I currently have it in a lil pass BSL stretched is what i adore cause unstretched it is a lil pass my shoulders or can easily mimick a shorter do without me having to cut my hair. It's like having the best of both worlds. I just want to keep it healthy.

Gosh, APL unstretched on WL stretched sounds great! But like you said, the added length comes at a price (seat beats, etc).
Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 1st May 2010, 9:39 pm

Stretched my hair is a little below BSL but unstretched it is a little bit below my shoulders. I have major shrinkage which I do not mind. I would love for my hair to be boob length unstretched but that probably means my hair needs to be butt length. That might be too much for one person to handle.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachtree 1st May 2010, 11:03 pm

DreamMerchant wrote:Stretched my hair is a little below BSL but unstretched it is a little bit below my shoulders. I have major shrinkage which I do not mind. I would love for my hair to be boob length unstretched but that probably means my hair needs to be butt length. That might be too much for one person to handle.

Boob length unstretched sounds great! Yeah, I would have to be butt length stretched also [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

Post by A-Felice 2nd May 2010, 1:43 am

Estiscurls wrote:What is BSL and any other acronyms used here? Thank you Thank you Thank you

Check this out. It has most of the acronyms used here. Smile

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/general-f3/natural-hair-dictionary-detangling-the-terms-t47.htm
A-Felice
A-Felice

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachtree 3rd May 2010, 12:25 am

A-Felice wrote:
Estiscurls wrote:What is BSL and any other acronyms used here? Thank you Thank you Thank you

Check this out. It has most of the acronyms used here. Smile

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/general-f3/natural-hair-dictionary-detangling-the-terms-t47.htm

Thanks for the link!!
Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down