CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battling Shrinkage

5 posters

Go down

Battling Shrinkage Empty Battling Shrinkage

Post by sweetdrk1 28th April 2010, 11:05 pm

Calling all Curlies, Calling all Curlies....

I need your help. I need any and all things tried, read or Youtubed in regards to controlling shrinkage. Since I am doing the twist Challenge I intend to try a different technique each week.

Let me tell you about my hair...when stretched in the front it's nose tip length. In the back its just about to the bottom of my neck and on the side it's below my earlobe!! Now when it shrinks I have a TWA all over LOL! DISCLAIMER: I love my hair, Sasha Shrinkage is her name, I just want to be able to control her somewhat. As you can see in my profile pic it's stretched

On Sunday I plan to try twisting on completely dry hair using OOOPs shea mix.

Thank you in advance for any and all suggestions!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Battling Shrinkage Empty Re: Battling Shrinkage

Post by kbelle 29th April 2010, 12:18 am

Girl this cracked me up (Sasha!!) because I can totally identify. Just this morning when I first styled my hair wet, it had some weight and hang, I literally walked away for maybe 5 minutes max, came back to diffuse it and BAM -- at least one inch shrank already.
I have tried a stretching technique I saw on You tube, I literally twist big sections, with more twist at the scalp than the ends and clip them and either let it air dry or use a dryer until it's mostly damp, when I did this I still had some shrinkage with twists I put in but not nearly as bad.
Now, I got to figure out how to get my length with wash and go's (which is about the same as yours) to not look like it did when I first BC'd ... oh well smh, maybe someone can chime in with some suggestions.
kbelle
kbelle

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 29th April 2010, 12:45 am

I hope so because I am tired of folks saying did you cut it again Shocked

Here is a comparison pic
stretched: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Sasha Shrinkage:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 29th April 2010, 1:05 am

I tried to explain it to you. This is what I am doing and my hair is doing the dog on thang!!!