CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SHRINKAGE

3 posters

Go down

SHRINKAGE Empty SHRINKAGE

Post by kinky-coily1107 2nd January 2010, 5:07 pm

Hello my curly/coily sistas!

A few hours ago I did my first wash n go which failed I might add [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] , but anyway, now what use to be a nice well rounded fro [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] is now a shrunken lopsided mess [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . Anyone have any advice or tips to bring the shape and take the skrink out?

Thanks!!

kinky-coily1107

Back to top Go down

SHRINKAGE Empty Re: SHRINKAGE

Post by ChrsLvsBks 2nd January 2010, 6:16 pm

Welcome fellow curly sis!

Shrinkage is the name of the game for us curlies. I have a few questions. What products did you use for your WnG? Is your hair totally dry? Are you able to post a picture? You do not have to show your face if you prefer.

In the meantime, you could check out Curly Friends and Mahogany Curls thread. There are also different posts in the Stylin' and Profilin' section.

Hoping you the best.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kinky-coily1107 2nd January 2010, 10:14 pm

Thanks for the welcome!

My cleanser-Hair One, then I used a suave conditioner(although I think this is where I messed up) and then I used Uncle Funky's Daughter (Good Hair) for my leave-in, and then just some oils.

Yes my hair is totally dry, Idk how to post pics,

thanks for the thread!

kinky-coily1107

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 4th January 2010, 2:31 pm

It could be the Suave conditioner. It is a lighter/thinner conditioner. You could try a heavier conditioner (one that is not water based) as a leave in or leave in the Suave, then UFD's for your styler and seal with oil. You can see if this works. Hoping you the best.

You can find instructions on how to post pictures under Stickies in the General section.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kinky-coily1107 6th January 2010, 12:45 am

Ok so sealing with oil is ok? because usually I seal with some shea.

Thank you! I will apply these guides when I wash my hair.

kinky-coily1107

Back to top Go down

Post by cutephantasm 6th January 2010, 2:10 pm

I JUST learned how to have my curls more defined with less shrinkage. I wash it, detangle, while the hair is sopping wet, I apply a generous amount of herbal essence totally twisted as a leave-in in the shower, put a towel on my shoulders and LEAVE IT ALONE!

This results everytime in defined curls ...

When my hair is wet, I have very defined 3c/4a curls, however, sometimes when it dries, it looks like nothing but 4b curls. This is because I used to manipulate the hair while wet...now, I just put in a heavy leave in, seal with oil or shea and add a few spritzes of gel if I want hold (which I almost never do).

If, however, your curls are not defined when wet, I doubt they will be when dry...you cannot create a curl pattern that you do not have...
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by cutephantasm 6th January 2010, 2:11 pm

oh by the way, the Henna has helped my shrinkage a little...my hair hangs a little heavier now
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down