CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is a cone?

4 posters

Go down

What is a cone? Empty What is a cone?

Post by CrissyQ 27th April 2010, 2:01 pm

What is a cone in everyday language? I see the word tossed around so much. What do they do to your hair? Please help me.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

What is a cone? Empty Re: What is a cone?

Post by ChrsLvsBks 27th April 2010, 2:17 pm

A 'cone is a silicone, plastic. It prevents moisture from escaping and entering your hair. It can be a girl's best friend when preserving a straight style. To a curly girl, it can wreck havoc on curly girls since moisture is the name of the game. Too many or the wrong silicone and one gets product build up. The only way to get rid of most 'cones is to use a shampoo with sulfates (typically drying to a curly girl).
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 27th April 2010, 3:16 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:A 'cone is a silicone, plastic. It prevents moisture from escaping and entering your hair. It can be a girl's best friend when preserving a straight style. To a curly girl, it can wreck havoc on curly girls since moisture is the name of the game. Too many or the wrong silicone and one gets product build up. The only way to get rid of most 'cones is to use a shampoo with sulfates (typically drying to a curly girl).

cheers Great answer!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 27th April 2010, 3:52 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:A 'cone is a silicone, plastic. It prevents moisture from escaping and entering your hair. It can be a girl's best friend when preserving a straight style. To a curly girl, it can wreck havoc on curly girls since moisture is the name of the game. Too many or the wrong silicone and one gets product build up. The only way to get rid of most 'cones is to use a shampoo with sulfates (typically drying to a curly girl).

SOOOO are some cones ok? I love HEHH and i do see it has a cone. What is a good non cone conditioner.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 27th April 2010, 4:12 pm

Cones are ok if (like Chrs said) you use a sulfate shampoo to properly remove any potential build

Here is a list:
http://sites.google.com/site/ladylonghair/'cone-freeconditioners
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 27th April 2010, 4:50 pm

so tia will a cone free conditioner help with curls? or it does not matter?
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 27th April 2010, 4:56 pm

RoseBud wrote:so tia will a cone free conditioner help with curls? or it does not matter?

In my opinion it does not matter. I get the same results with both cone and no-cone. However, some will say that no cone works better with their hair. Check out the curly girl method, that is a cone free conditioner method
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 27th April 2010, 5:09 pm

Sorry for all the questions. OK, I currently use HEHH and i like my results. i am going to get some cone free conditioner and use it for a week to see if i see a change.

Thanks for you wealth of knowledge.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by ... 27th April 2010, 6:17 pm

The other ladies pretty much answered it, but if you want to go 'cone-free, remember that silicones don't always end in -cone. Silicones can also end in -conol and -xane. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 27th April 2010, 6:23 pm

SummerRuby wrote:The other ladies pretty much answered it, but if you want to go 'cone-free, remember that silicones don't always end in -cone. Silicones can also end in -conol and -xane. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
thanks, good information to know. i will keep my eyes open [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down