CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hair Type

4 posters

Go down

Hair Type Empty Hair Type

Post by summerbreeze76 26th April 2010, 12:25 am

Been trying to figure out what type of hair i have. Ive read lots of descriptions, but i cant quite tell. Should be looking at my hair texture wet or dry. I thought i was 4 something, but my hair does not look like the 4 whatever models when their hair is wet or dry. The only description i can think of is my hair looks like i have a Jerri Curl when it is wet and an oily jerry curl once i add conditioner. Ive seen other 4 somethings wet and with conditioner and my hair does not look like theirs. I think my daughter is a 4 something and she has courser hair than i do.

So can somebody help me with this?
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Hair Type Empty Re: Hair Type

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 26th April 2010, 11:47 am

First question that needs to be answered is: Are you completely natural or transitioning? I recently BCd and my hair as 3 different textures. I was shocked to discover multi textures in one head of hair but it's true and it can happen. My bangs are my softest texture and have more of a wave pattern than curl. My sides are the coarsest and the remainder I would classify as 4a but I really don't think that classification is necessary when you're using quality products. Most natural products are for all hair types. If you need more info, check out: www.growafrohairlong.com
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 26th April 2010, 2:18 pm

^^ I agree. I tried figuring out my hair type only to discover several different textures. The crown of my hair curls up the best but is really fine and wavy when wet, my edges and part of my sides are really course and don't necessarily "curl", but the rest of my hair curls up somewhere between a 3c/4a. But for the most part I just let it all do whatever it wants. Most people have multiple textures on one head so like Hampton said alot of natural products are for all hair types because it would be way to hard to have separate products for different sections in our hair lol
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 26th April 2010, 3:25 pm

i understand summerbreeze. ive tried to type my hair also and i believed that i was a 4 something, but i can never find another 4 something whose hair even resembles mine: wet or dry. ive resigned to the fact that hair type doesnt matter and just to enjoy my hair as it is

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down