CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yes to Cucumbers Leave-in Condish

+2
crvng4mr
popsbaby
6 posters

Go down

Yes to Cucumbers Leave-in Condish Empty Yes to Cucumbers Leave-in Condish

Post by popsbaby 23rd April 2010, 9:02 pm

I promised myself that I would NOT purchase this product because the ingredients are pretty much identical to those in the regular conditioner. HOWEVER, it was on sale at Walgreens and the PJ in me could not resist. I am doing a deep treatment right now (with YTC regular condish and honey), so I won't be using the leave-in until tomorrow. I did squirt a little in my hand and compared it to the regular. Here is my first impression.

Color: The leave-in is white. The regular is light green.
Smell: The smell is similar to the regular but maybe a bit lighter. I enjoy it.
Consistency: NOW WE'RE COOKIN' WITH GREASE!!!! If the regular condish is like body lotion, the leave-in is like BODY CREAM. Me likey. It is very thick and, dare I say, luxurious [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .

The proof is ultimately in the puddin, so I'll update my review once I've actually used the product.
popsbaby
popsbaby

Back to top Go down

Yes to Cucumbers Leave-in Condish Empty Re: Yes to Cucumbers Leave-in Condish

Post by crvng4mr 23rd April 2010, 10:04 pm

I can't wait to here your thoughts! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by popsbaby 24th April 2010, 10:51 am

Good morning Chickadees~
I told you yesterday that I did a DT with YTC and honey. My plan was to leave it in overnight. It was sticky and gross and there was no way I was sleeping with that crap in my hair. So I rinsed it out last night, and what I got was super soft manageable hair. Yay for me. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Anyhoo, after rinsing, I applied the YTC leave-in. I really like it a lot.
Even though the ingredients are similar to the regular condish, there is something in the formulation that make it more awesomer [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .
It is thick and creamy and moisturing. I like that it comes in a tube because it makes application easier when you have wet, slippery hands. I applied it to my hair and it was like heaven. There is plenty of slip as well.

It plays well with other products like oil and gel. I was little worried at first because after I applied gel, my head turned white. I prayed to the Patron Saint of Napps that I wouldn't have to re-wash my hair. I threw a scarf on, waited an hour and all the product had soaked in. No more white residue. Thank you Saint Nappy!!!

There is a reason that Yes to Cucumbers has a regular and leave-in conditioner with the same core ingredients, and it's not to bamboosle the consumer. The leave-in has just as much integrity as the regular. So try it. If you hate, blame me. If you love it, thank me later.
popsbaby
popsbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 24th April 2010, 2:56 pm

lol pops!!! Patron Saint of Napps! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 24th April 2010, 3:03 pm

I've been wondering about the YTC line. I'm having a hard time keeping my hair moisturized for more than a few hours. After you were done with your hair was your hair still soft and moisturized hours later??
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by popsbaby 24th April 2010, 3:30 pm

I am still transitioning (BC 5/14) and I wear my hair pulled back with a phony pony. For that reason, I search for really moisturizing products. Let me say this. Normally, a few hours after I gel my hair back, my waves are a little crunchy. It was even crunchy with the YTC regular condish. It's now the next day after using the leave-in and my wavey waves in the front of my hair are soft and shiny.
popsbaby
popsbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 24th April 2010, 6:48 pm

Okay due to Popsbaby28 I had to go to Target to get something else and bought the YTC Leave-In. Thanks! Can't wait to try it tonight though with the regular YTC Smile! Good thing i got the conditioner at Ross for $3.99 so I didn't feel to bad spending $12.99 on the leave-in and if I don't love them I can always swap or take them back and get a refund.
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by EmbracingNaturalMe 18th October 2010, 8:34 pm

I found the Leave-In at Ross Today for $3.99. Since my KKKT was running low, I stocked up on this leave-in. I love the conditioner so I know I will love the leave-in as well.
EmbracingNaturalMe
EmbracingNaturalMe

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 19th October 2010, 10:52 am

Didn't even know that had a leave in.. I haven't tried my condish yet.. lol
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 19th October 2010, 11:22 am

I love the conditioner, but the leave-in left my hair as dry as toast. I added a little water, cocount oil and aloe vera juice to it to make it better and that helped but I won't be repurchasing it.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down