CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miss Jessie's Products

+5
alainabee
crvng4mr
LaToya28
mstokes2008
Tinkie
9 posters

Go down

Miss Jessie's Products Empty Miss Jessie's Products

Post by Tinkie 20th April 2010, 9:59 pm

I use to be interested in Miss Jessie's Products because I hear lots of great review on Kinky Curly & all the great results until I found out..

Miss Jessie's Baby Buttercream contains : mineral oil, petrolatum, Paraffin , etc yet its 32 bucks for a 8 oz , i never tried miss jessie products so i can't judge but is it worth the money?

Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding second ingredient is parafinium liquidum, which is just a fancy word for mineral oil , idk what you ladies think ..is it worth the price?

I found this website http://www.cosmeticsinfo.org , if you type in any cosmetic ingredient it gives great information on the ingredient

Tinkie
Tinkie
Tinkie

Back to top Go down

Miss Jessie's Products Empty Re: Miss Jessie's Products

Post by mstokes2008 20th April 2010, 10:01 pm

I was wondering the same thing. I want to try it but the ingredients are nothing special.
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 20th April 2010, 11:17 pm

I bought samples of the Baby buttercreme and the Curly pudding and I think they are good products. I also have the Super Sweetback treatment and the Rapid Recovery treatment (haven't used yet) and the SST is awesome. I would definitely buy it in the larger size. I think they're good, but I don't mind mineral oil in my products though.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 20th April 2010, 11:25 pm

Latoya- did you get them from curlmart.com? Can you tell us what different results they give you?
Oh and are you going to the Miss Jessie's Celebration SUnday?
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 20th April 2010, 11:32 pm

I don't care for the curl cremes. They go on waxy for me and leave residue and my hair felt dry after a few days. That's probably from the mineral oil. I haven't looked into the deep treatment but I wouldn't use it if it has mineral oil in it.
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 20th April 2010, 11:37 pm

mstokes2008 wrote:Latoya- did you get them from curlmart.com? Can you tell us what different results they give you?
Oh and are you going to the Miss Jessie's Celebration SUnday?

Yes I got the BB and the CP from curlmart and the others through swaps.

I'll have to give them another try in order to give a fair review because I've been using so many different products. I can say that they moisturized my hair well considering I was still suffering from the super dry twa at the time.

I am going to the celebration on Sunday, are you?

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 21st April 2010, 1:58 am

I haven't decided yet. I'm trying to convince my boyfriend that when he comes on Thursday that we should go to Austin Sunday but all he said was "we'll talk about it" lol.

I wonder if there will be tiny samples, are the 2oz sizes for sale. He probably wouldn't let me buy anything though Sad
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 21st April 2010, 9:00 am

mstokes2008 wrote:I haven't decided yet. I'm trying to convince my boyfriend that when he comes on Thursday that we should go to Austin Sunday but all he said was "we'll talk about it" lol.

I wonder if there will be tiny samples, are the 2oz sizes for sale. He probably wouldn't let me buy anything though Sad

Girl he is NOT gonna want to go! lol Oh well, I'll let you know how it goes. Hopefully they will give us some freebies. That would be really nice, but yeah you can buy the 2oz samples from Curlmart.

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by alainabee 21st April 2010, 1:51 pm

Yes, Miss Jessie's is worth the price - for me, anyway. Their Curly Pudding is the best curl cream I've tried thus ar (and I've tried quite a few). I think it's ridiculous to avoid products because of what they have in them. If they work for you, they work for you! It does make my hair a bit dry the next day, so I use Argan Oil or a leave-in with it, and it's fine.

Don't let all the silly rules choose the products you try all the time. Try things out for yourself.
alainabee
alainabee

http://sheslikeadream.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalchic 21st April 2010, 8:37 pm

I just brought the butter and gonna give it a try, hopefully it does something.
naturalchic
naturalchic

Back to top Go down

Post by saroyag 22nd April 2010, 1:18 am

I looooove the rapid recovery but not the super sweetback. So far i've tried most of the major natural lines and I have to say that miss jessies works and my hair loves it. I use the curly pudding for twistouts and have super defines shiny hair. But I don't like the baby butter cream. There a much better ones out there. I've also use the quick curls which I love over top of tigi moisture maniac. I get great hold and definition so for me I think its worth it and I don't have to use a ton to get good results. The products last me for a while.
saroyag
saroyag

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalTata 22nd April 2010, 10:21 pm

I use the Curly Meringue and Curly Pudding for special occasions, that's how I ration. Laughing I usually purchase at the end of the year when it's buy one get one free and I am good for the rest of the year.
NaturalTata
NaturalTata

http://myhairisme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalchic 28th April 2010, 11:06 pm

ok so i tried the Curly Buttercreme, i like the end result but could not stand the smell. it was ok until it was all over my head and never died down.....does anyone know a product similar to this but without the nasty smell or cheaper?
naturalchic
naturalchic

Back to top Go down

Post by WildOnce 29th April 2010, 6:44 pm

The baby butter creme is the same thing without the strong smell!
WildOnce
WildOnce

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalchic 29th April 2010, 7:46 pm

WildOnce wrote:The baby butter creme is the same thing without the strong smell!

@wildone thanks... Smile
naturalchic
naturalchic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down