CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did I make the right decision??

+3
DreamMerchant
LaToya28
krissyc39
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Did I make the right decision?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did I make the right decision??

Post by carfi366 22nd April 2010, 3:11 pm

How did your henna eperince go? I purchased a block of henna from Lush but have been afraid to try it. I am still reading as much as I can because I have grey. Hope to see some pictures soon.

Good luck!
carfi366
carfi366

Back to top Go down

Did I make the right decision?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did I make the right decision??

Post by krissyc39 25th April 2010, 6:07 pm

Sorry for the late post guys. I was really busy this week and I'm still recovering from Grad Bash Wink

Anyways, I mixed the Henna on Tuesday, let it sit, and applied it Wednesday night. Woke up Thursday morning, washed my hair out and found Copper. Red. Hair. I didn't even notice the softness (it was a lil softer) because I was staring at my hair wondering why it looked like a penny. The color was really shocking but I got used to it almost immediately and I liked it because it looked like a really cool reddish, brownish mix. I couldn't get all of the henna out though and after the 4th or 5th wash I gave up and went to school. I got a lot of compliments and a LOT of up close stares from people who weren't sure if I dyed my hair or not (lol I just gave them the stare back).

The nicest surprise I got from the Henna? Well color (of course) but also volume. I might just be dreaming but when I went to put my hair in a ponytail I just felt like there was more hair to grab. Thicker = Better in my book so I'm a very happy girl Very Happy

I took some pictures inside and out to show you the henna's intense color:

Inside:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Outside:

Me and my Henna Tattoo Smile

Sometimes my hair still looks black but maybe that's just a camera setting <3

If you want to see pictures of the henna process let me know because I have a few. I am officially a henna head for life! Thinking of hennaing again in 3 weeks Smile
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by envizionj 25th April 2010, 6:32 pm

Beautiful results Krissy. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 25th April 2010, 6:57 pm

thanks!
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by carfi366 25th April 2010, 9:02 pm

Likey, likey!! Your hair looks gorgeous Krissyc39! You certainly made the right decision.

What was your mixture recipe?
carfi366
carfi366

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 25th April 2010, 9:42 pm

Aw thank you so much!

My recipe was:
300 grams of the henna, amla, brahmi, bhringraj mix [I bought this at my local indian store]
freshly squeezed orange juice [you can use lemon juice as well; for a deeper color]
some cinnamon powder [to enhance the smell]
water [because i ran out of oranges lol]
10-15 drops of orange essential oil [smell and for a deeper color]

I sifted the henna which made the batch smoother but made my nose really irritated. Don't know if I would recommend it.

Here's a good website that tells you everything you need to know about henna. There's a really good e-book on there:
http://www.hennaforhair.com/
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 9th May 2010, 6:46 pm

I have another question...

My hair's darkened a lot since I took the pics and I'm kinda sad that my bright red hair is gone Sad so the next time I henna (probably tomorrow) I want the coperry red to stay.

Is that possible since my hair is darker now??
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2