CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Products that transtioners cant live without!?!

+27
ytiznatural
NikkiStiletto
thatmochagirl
LadyLexus
styleandgrace
RWF2122
HAMPTONSFNST
p_nuttie43
naturallyunique
DivinelyDesigned
MzLaLaRochelle
KinaGolightly
Maricopa
MsIconic
singthealto
My Hair Fetish
RandRlove
FierceNerd
splitsun
DanyelleLoves
Iomer
lilindian
mrsmackey
AfrikanLatina
MizCarter
coshun2003
herlucidsKy
31 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Products that transtioners cant live without!?! - Page 2 Empty Re: Products that transtioners cant live without!?!

Post by styleandgrace 7th December 2009, 12:41 am

Thanks LadyLexus! I'll check Whole Foods this week Smile
styleandgrace
styleandgrace

http://birthdayalamode.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Products that transtioners cant live without!?! - Page 2 Empty Re: Products that transtioners cant live without!?!

Post by thatmochagirl 7th December 2009, 12:49 pm

My must have products! - ( I'm 6 Months into my transition)

1. Hello Hydration Conditioner - All I can say is WOW! I paid $3.75 for this bottle of heaven! It gave tons of slip and left my hair really soft. This is great for transitioners with lots of New Growth!! (love the scent too)

2. Suave Coconut Conditioner - This is a nice Conditioner to use as a rinse out during co-washes!! - Nice scent !

3. Cantu Shea Butter Leave in - Ok This product is really tricky. If your going to use it the right way you will LOVE IT!
Do not mix this with any other product - or it WILL leave a horrible build up. It can be used with water or some oil without a build up appearing. - But this is a really good product. I use it for twist styles! and it works wonders with making my hair soft!
( just remember it will cause build up if you mix it with something other than a little bit of oil or water)

4. COCONUT OIL! ( Vatika) - Makes a great sealant for the ends of your hair ... and a really nice scalp conditioner, it also promotes HAIR GROWTH!!

5. Henna - ( love it! ) I use it once a Month to make my hair strong and manageable

6. DevaCurl Set it free - I use this as a Sealant on my ends during twist outs and twist curl sets for my curly fro!

7. Mehendi Shampoo Bar - I got this Shampoo bar online and Its listed with in CurlyNikki's Routine. Great for transitioners and anyone who wants a good shampoo that is safe for hair without containing- Lauryl and Sodium Laureth Sulfates!

I hope these products work good for you!
( they have saved my hair from over-drying!)
thatmochagirl
thatmochagirl

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 7th December 2009, 1:17 pm

@styleandgrace,

I purchased my shea butter at my local BSS. It should be in the skincare section of your store.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by styleandgrace 7th December 2009, 11:56 pm

@HAMPTONSFINEST
Thanks! I will check there too!
styleandgrace
styleandgrace

http://birthdayalamode.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NikkiStiletto 8th December 2009, 3:10 pm

I can't live without Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask
it is one of the best DC that I have ever used
NikkiStiletto
NikkiStiletto

http://nikkistiletto.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ytiznatural 8th December 2009, 11:35 pm

I have used Cathy Howse Products and it does wonders for the roots.
Shea Butter I love also. I think if you want good quality Shea it is best to look online because finding it in a store you have to make sure they havent added anything to it that will make the effects not as good, but unrefined shea is the bomb!!!
ytiznatural
ytiznatural

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 14th December 2009, 10:05 pm

1. Castor Oil- I use this to DC with Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner once a week (I can't live without that conditioner either) and it does wonders for my hair.

2. V05 Strawberries n Cream Moisture Milk Conditioner, I LOVE this stuff, and have been using it since October. I tried Aussie Moist on Saturday, and I love that too, so I have to have one of those two. I also bought HE Hello Hydration that I plan on trying sometime soon, but if it's as great as I've been hearing then that will also be my "must have"

3. Aussie Hair Insurance Leave-In (cones really don't bother my hair, and I find that this leave in doesn't build up for me and I looooooooove the smell, I wish it came as an air freshener. LOL)

4. Raw Shea butter- this stuff is just awesome

5. My new thing is Aloe Vera Gel to style, it made my hair REALLY soft and moisturized after it felt kind of dry yesterday, and it's cheap, and I can use it on my skin. LOL

Those are my top 5 products Surprised)
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 3rd January 2010, 6:22 pm

p_nuttie43 wrote:WELL my must haves have been
-- pure shea butter
-- olive oil
-- coconut oil (i just got this about a week ago and i put it in everything and LOVE THE SMELL!)
-- HE Hello Hydration as a co wash
-- Hair mayonaisse as a deep conditioner but i just might make a concoction from the recipes i'm seeing on the forum
-- just bought some castor oil and almond seed oil soooo we'll see were all this takes me

omg i just bought some last night and idk how many times i put it in my hair since then...i know i dipped in that jar atleast 5 seperate times and thats probably understating...is it possible to use too much? it just makes my hair so shiny and soft and smells soooo good but i dnt wanna overdo it

i also discovered olive oil a couple weeks ago...love it as well
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 4th January 2010, 12:43 am

Are you guys using RAW Coconut Oil? Because I don't think raw coconut oil smells good. LOL
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 4th January 2010, 12:57 am

Muz wrote:Are you guys using RAW Coconut Oil? Because I don't think raw coconut oil smells good. LOL

lol mine is organic pure extra virgin coconut oil...and im pretty sure its raw lol but it smells just like toasted coconut so if you dont like that smell then you wouldnt like it lol
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by dnlejns 4th January 2010, 3:18 pm

I normally used to bash mixed chicks. But Mixed Chicks leave in conditioner defines curles perfectly. I LOVE Cantu Shea Butter with light oil. Aussies new setting lotion!!!! IT works! and my new favorite product is Aragan Oil. YOu can go all day with just a few drops of Aragan Oil and your hair stays shiny all day.
dnlejns
dnlejns

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallyu 5th January 2010, 12:05 am

1. Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Conditioner
2. Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
3. Aloe Vera Gel
4. Magnetic Rollers
naturallyu
naturallyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2