CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trasitioning with Braids!!!!

5 posters

Go down

Trasitioning with Braids!!!! Empty Trasitioning with Braids!!!!

Post by nolacurls83 13th April 2010, 5:56 pm

I'VE BEEN TRANSITIONING WITH BRAIDS NOW FOR 2 MONTHS, I STARTED OUT WITH JUST QUICK WEAVES AND SEW INS. ALL TOGETHER IT'S BEEN 6 MONTHS. I FIND THE BRAIDS ARE EASIER TO STYLE AND MAINTAIN FOR A LONG PERIOD OF TIME. UNLIKE QUICK WEAVE AND SEW INS THEY NEED TO BE DONE OVER EVERY 2 TO 3 WEEKS. OK MY QUESTION IS, HOW SHOULD I TAKE CARE OF MY NATURAL HAIR WITH THE BRAIDS IN?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
nolacurls83
nolacurls83

http://connieservices@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Trasitioning with Braids!!!! Empty Re: Trasitioning with Braids!!!!

Post by sdlovette 13th April 2010, 8:36 pm

I would just make sure to moisturize my hair especially the new growth but also the length of your hair. Although the main focus is your new growth, if not planning on doing a big chop, then your ends are the "oldest" and still require care as well. Some other sites recommend that you wash your hair regularly but I would wash once a month.
sdlovette
sdlovette

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 14th April 2010, 12:22 pm

Check this site out for more info: www.growafrohairlong.com very insightful tips.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by nolacurls83 15th April 2010, 7:51 am

@Hamptonsfnst,Thank you!!!! That was a great site I also found out more things. Isn't NATURAL INFO great??!! Thanks again babe. Also if u have anymore sites in mind post them and i will click. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by nolacurls83 on 15th April 2010, 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
nolacurls83
nolacurls83

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 15th April 2010, 10:21 am

You're so welcome Nola. That was one of the first sites I visited when I contemplated on transitioning to natural hair. So much useful info and did you see how long her hair is? It's possible for our textured hair to grow and retain length.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by nolacurls83 15th April 2010, 7:50 pm

Yeah I saw that. That just makes me more excited to do my natural thang. As a matter of fact i've been to the site everyday since.
nolacurls83
nolacurls83

Back to top Go down

Post by jadore04 11th May 2010, 4:37 pm

i have a question for you Nola! I am planning to get braids for the first time my in life to transition sometime in august which will be 5 months post relaxer! I am getting synaglese twists but i am wondering what can i do to protect my edges and once i do take them out should i get them taken out professionally or what?! i am just really worried about my edges!
jadore04
jadore04

Back to top Go down

Post by DanyelleLoves 12th May 2010, 1:20 am

Hi ladies!
@Overactive I have kinky twists also at the moment and to protect my edges I don't keep the twists pulled back too tight or too often. Honestly, to try to avoid putting the hair in a ponytail, I pin the front sections back with bobby pins and I make sure to put some oil along my edges so they don't get dry and tie them down with a scarf.

You can take your braids out yourself if you want to. I prefer to do it myself because I can baby my hair as I'm taking them down and I don't have to worry about any unnecessary cutting. As you take them down I recommend slowly and gently combing the portion of hair that you just unbraided (usually because if the braids have been in for a while they might develop the little lint ball thats hard to wash out) and then putting it in big, loose two strand twists as you continue. And wash and detangle in sections and everything should be good [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
DanyelleLoves
DanyelleLoves

http://smartmouthme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down