CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My scalp gives me so much problems...

2 posters

Go down

My scalp gives me so much problems... Empty My scalp gives me so much problems...

Post by Electrum 13th April 2010, 3:13 pm

Hi Ladies! cat

I'm new here, and just recently began transitioning (about an inch of new growth). I'm looking for new shampoos (especially shampoos), and conditioners that will keep moisture in my hair without further irritating my oily, itchy scalp. Since I also have a problem with dandruff, I usually use head and shoulders shampoo with Aveda conditioner (brilliant line! highly recommend it to those who want lightweight conditioning). But within three days my scalp is always itchy and smelly again.
I'm so frustrated! It seems a clarifying or treatment shampoo used about everyother day is my next option, but I'm scared the rest of my hair (slightly dry) might be stripped of its oil. I've heard rave reviews throughout many natural and curly boards about the GIovanni line of products. Do you think that line would be good for my scalp/hair? If so, which shampoo and conditioner should I try? If not, do you have any other suggestions for my hair.
Electrum
Electrum

Back to top Go down

My scalp gives me so much problems... Empty Re: My scalp gives me so much problems...

Post by CurlsGalore 13th April 2010, 3:32 pm

I use Giovanni TTT Shampoo. I've used it for the last 7 months of being natural, and I really love it. I used to experience itchy scalp and my hair tends to get a little buildup after so long. This really gets the scalp clean and leaves it feeling cool w/a tingling sensation.

I was watching youtube videos last night and I stumbled across kimmaytube (one of my faves) and she has a new method of washing with shampoo. I'm don't remember what the method is called, but I'm sure if you searched kimmaytube it's one of the most recent videos she made.

She shampoos her hair in sections, then she applies conditioner while the shampoo is still in her hair. This way you get effects of cleansing the hair with moisturizing to balance it out. This keep the hair from feeling dry and stripped. It also makes for easier detangling. I haven't tried the method, but I'm going to. This may be a new part of my regimen!

Check out kimmaytube. She is amazing and very thorough! Hope this helps!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down