CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

flax seed gel

5 posters

Go down

flax seed gel Empty flax seed gel

Post by chocolate-kinks 12th April 2010, 5:51 am

I honestly hate it. I tried making it 3 times and they all came out the same. None moisturized anything, then it was like snot. I see naturals raving about it, but it sucks for me. How does it work for you?
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

flax seed gel Empty Re: flax seed gel

Post by envizionj 12th April 2010, 1:37 pm

I made and tried it once and I honestly didn't see what was all the hipe about it. It did nothing for my hair and when I applied it, it was just slimy and had no hold whatsover to my bang I was trying to slick down. It also dried with a white residue and I had to wash my hair the evening because it looked like I had dandruff flakes in my hair. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I stick to one regimen that works (beige shea butter, coconut oil, castor oil, 1/2 teaspoon of Nature's Blessings on damp hair).
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by envizionj on 12th April 2010, 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typing too fast. LOL)
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 12th April 2010, 1:41 pm

envizionj wrote:I made and tried it once and I honestly didn't see what was all the hipe about it. It did nothing for my hair and when I applied it, it was just slimy and had no hold whatsover to my thick that I was trying to slick down.

I stick to one regimen that works (beige shea butter, coconut oil, castor oil, 1/2 teaspoon of Nature's Blessings on damp hair).
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Yep I feel the same way. It also left my hair feeling like crap and roughish.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by mediumbrowngirl 12th April 2010, 2:18 pm

Sadly, I'm in the same camp as you guys.

I first tried it when I was relaxed and it was amazing. My hair dried super shiny and bouncy but over time it started feeling crispy and dry.

My natural hair totally hates it.

I been wondering lately if it counts as a protein. Anyone know?

mediumbrowngirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 12th April 2010, 3:06 pm

Any of you use flax oil? I've seen that in the store and was thinking of trying that.
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by BekkaPoo 12th April 2010, 5:13 pm

I've used it occasionally (I'm not a big fan of gels overall) and it was fine. I liked it because it's not a hard hold gel that makes your hair stiff. If you want to make it more moisturizing you can add some oil to the gel, or put it on your hair over a moisturizer/sealing oil. And yes, if you put too much on your hair it might give off some flakes, but that can be remedied by applying moisturizer/oil.

As for the consistency.. lol It's definitely a lot like snot, but when I recommend it to other people, I say it's like "egg whites" to keep them from being grossed out too much. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
BekkaPoo
BekkaPoo

http://suprnatural.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down