CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone use Miss Jessie's products

+9
Roseelsbth
cutie_curli
SisterBoyd
msladyrozz
AP
JNelly
LaToya28
QuietButterfly
WalkingInDestiny
13 posters

Go down

Does anyone use Miss Jessie's products Empty Does anyone use Miss Jessie's products

Post by WalkingInDestiny 10th April 2010, 11:46 am

Just wondering about this product line....Thanks [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
WalkingInDestiny
WalkingInDestiny

Back to top Go down

Does anyone use Miss Jessie's products Empty Re: Does anyone use Miss Jessie's products

Post by QuietButterfly 10th April 2010, 8:50 pm

I've used their Curly Meringue, Curly Buttercreme and Baby Buttercreme. I used the Curly Meringue on damp hair for a twist out a few times and the results were just ok. I've used the Curly Buttercreme to do my dry twists, and I've used it the past 3 times I've twisted my hair. I like it. The smell is kind of pepperminty and strong, but I'm used to it now, so it doesn't bother me. I've used the Baby Buttercreme just as a moisturizer to freshen my twists when they look a little dry.

I hope that was helpful. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Does anyone use Miss Jessie's products Empty Re: Does anyone use Miss Jessie's products

Post by LaToya28 11th April 2010, 3:44 pm

I just recently tried the Baby Buttercreme, Curly pudding, and Super Sweetback treatment. I like them all! The SST leaves the hair super soft. The BB and CP leave the hair very moisturized and soft as well. I would love to try more MJ products.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by WalkingInDestiny 13th April 2010, 1:20 am

Thanks very much ladies for the info..I may give it a try..I'm working on not overbuying, i can be such a product junkie..aahhh [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
WalkingInDestiny
WalkingInDestiny

Back to top Go down

Post by JNelly 13th April 2010, 1:35 am

Miss Jessie's was the first product that I tried as a transitioner. Initially the curly pudding makes your hair look wonderful, but then the next day my hair was so dry. I just ended up throwing it in the trash. I couldn't give it to anyone in good conscience. I do like the baby butter creme more though. I have the small 2oz sample Smile
JNelly
JNelly

Back to top Go down

Post by AP 8th May 2010, 5:09 pm

THOUGHTS ON THE “MISS JESSIE’S” PRODUCTS:

1)The “MISS JESSIE’S” products USE MINERAL OIL
& PETROLATUM (both of which damage both
hair & skin) AS two of the KEY INGREDIENTS

2) Titi & Miko – THE OWNER’S of the “Miss Jessie’s”
product line (AND most of THE CLIENTS they choose
to photograph) -- achieve their hair-styles because
they USE what they call ”Silkener”' (which is simply
a mild relaxer / texturizer & made of CHEMICALS).

3) The same results can be achieved for a fraction of
the cost by going to a store and purchasing / applying
the same dangerous (ex. relaxer / texturizer) as well
as damaging (ex. mineral oil / petrolatum) products.

4) People should save their money (and hair) by avoiding
the cheaply-made / expensively-sold products (such as
the ”Miss Jessie’s” line) that contain worthless and
harmful ingredients such as mineral oil / petrolatum
and / or are “chemically-dependent” to achieve results.

AP

Back to top Go down

Does anyone use Miss Jessie's products Empty Miss Jessie's

Post by msladyrozz 10th May 2010, 5:38 pm

I recently purchased some sample sizes of their products with lackluster results. First of all the ingredients suck. It didn't work well with my hair and their products are way too overpriced. I'll finish up the samples but I'll probably never use them again unless they reformulate.
msladyrozz
msladyrozz

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 10th May 2010, 6:02 pm

I agree about not using their products. I didn't know they had mineral oil until after I purchased a sample size that was over-priced! I gave them away. If you're concerned about the ingredients you put in your hair then I would suggest not using their products. However, if you're hair isn't affected adversly to mineral oil you probably will like their products. I know people who use mineral oil products and they love MJ's products.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by cutie_curli 10th May 2010, 9:48 pm

I used the curly meringue for twists. I get a better hold when I used this product versus a thinner styler. However, I use it sparingly so my hair wont be greasy. I give it an OK rating.

cutie_curli

Back to top Go down

Post by WalkingInDestiny 10th May 2010, 10:33 pm

Thanks ladies...I think I will pass. I really appreciate the reviews. Most importantly healthy hair is my main concern... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
WalkingInDestiny
WalkingInDestiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseelsbth 11th May 2010, 10:26 am

I've used their products also and to me they are overpriced and not worth the money at all. I think if you are mixes and have soft, curly hair, their products might work well for you. If you have kinky, nappy hair...don't waste your money.

Roseelsbth

Back to top Go down

Does anyone use Miss Jessie's products Empty Miss Jessie's

Post by msladyrozz 11th May 2010, 2:02 pm

But I always say, don't take other people's word for it. Try it (I suggest the sample sizes), you might like it.
msladyrozz
msladyrozz

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 11th May 2010, 5:25 pm

The products are overpriced, but they have worked for me. I've used Curly Meringue and Stretch Silkening Creme for braid outs and twist outs, and they have awesome hold. I haven't found a product that works as well yet, but after I'm done with what I have now, I'm not buying anymore. I am still searching for a comparable replacement product.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 11th May 2010, 6:29 pm

I love the results I got using the Baby Buttercreme but I gave it away. I didnt like the icky feeling I got on day 3 or 4 of my styles.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 11th May 2010, 11:26 pm

I have soft hair to begin with, alot say feels like cotton. i use the curly pudding on my twist and it worked for me. by day 3 it starts lossing its hold I think. tried it on a wash and go and it did not last by the end of the day had frizzy hair.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by vanity 25th June 2010, 7:24 pm

MJ was one of the first products I tried when I transitioned over four years ago. I really loved loved the Meringue before they changed the formula to include mineral oil.

I tried the CM a couple of weeks ago and it just wasn't working. As soon as I applied the product to my hair, my hair immediately looked greasy and dry.

I recently tried MJ's Quick Curls after viewing a rec from Taren916 and I must say that I love it... Its the cheapest out of the curl cremes. It makes my hair feel really soft and is a great detangler. The hold is the softest out of the whole product line. This is currently my staple product.
vanity
vanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down