CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I was assaulted at Target last night!

+25
ktoliver5303
CeeC
naturalhonney
LaToya28
CocaColaCutie
iri9109
jerseygirl
mojitochica
lena73
Curliana
marcysuburbs
KurlyK
oooop2
Lynnieluve
cassadie3
CrissyQ
Free2Be
talljournalist
TMS
Erica5417
Juices-n-Berries
sweetdrk1
Vee
bholmes87
poeticlyspkng
29 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I was assaulted at Target last night! Empty I was assaulted at Target last night!

Post by poeticlyspkng 9th April 2010, 3:40 pm

see, what had happened was... It all started when I tried to pass by a BRAND, NEW, SHIMMERING end cap display of Miss Jesses, Curls AND SheaMoisture lines! It was their first appearance in Columbus and akin to all my favorite artists (Jill Scott, Prince and Mint Condition) on the same bill! Out of nowhere, my PJ appeared, shoved me, my good senses and frugality out of the way and began grabbing everything Miss PJs one good hand could carry. Now, my good senses were able to get a good word in edge-wise and participate in a vigorous game of tug of war with the lame hand. The hand battle was a loss but apparently good senses was able to get in an effective word. At the end, we all had a mini summit and agreed to try just ONE line. We settled on CURLS, went home and did my hair before falling out from exhaustion. tbd
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

I was assaulted at Target last night! Empty Re: I was assaulted at Target last night!

Post by bholmes87 9th April 2010, 3:44 pm

lol! You did better than I would have!!! Good job on only trying one line!
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

I was assaulted at Target last night! Empty Re: I was assaulted at Target last night!

Post by Vee 9th April 2010, 3:50 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Vee
Vee

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 9th April 2010, 3:51 pm

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO!! I could see the hands fighting! hahahahaaaaaaa
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 9th April 2010, 4:05 pm

Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 9th April 2010, 4:10 pm

ROTFL!
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 9th April 2010, 4:50 pm

LMBO!
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by talljournalist 9th April 2010, 6:16 pm

Hilarious! I'm so glad Target has begun carrying all these products for natural hair. No more long treks to Whole Foods & Vitamin Shoppe for my Jane Carter N&S.
talljournalist
talljournalist

http://www.sweetmusiccakes.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Free2Be 9th April 2010, 6:19 pm

Hahahah! I was thinking, "Assaulted? At TARGET?"

I have not seen any of those lines at any of our Targets in Huntsville! I am so jealous. I wonder if an email or letter to them would help?
Free2Be
Free2Be

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 9th April 2010, 6:52 pm

LMAO, you are funny
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by cassadie3 9th April 2010, 7:14 pm

LOL!!!!! in my experience... the PJ ALWAYS wins...even if just by a little bit...
cassadie3
cassadie3

http://naturalselectionblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 9th April 2010, 8:02 pm

LMBO!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 9th April 2010, 9:09 pm

Hilarious!! I need to see if my Target has this line.
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 9th April 2010, 9:29 pm

Does your Target carry Miss Jessie's? <<<click here to find out!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by KurlyK 9th April 2010, 11:26 pm

The same thing happened to me too, I also got CURLS. Which ones did you get?
KurlyK
KurlyK

Back to top Go down

Post by Free2Be 9th April 2010, 11:43 pm

Thanks for the link, Lynnie. As unbelievable as it is, I think I haven't been in Target since before Easter, so I must have just missed spending my entire check in there. LOL I'll have to stay away until the end of the month.
Free2Be
Free2Be

Back to top Go down

Post by marcysuburbs 11th April 2010, 7:32 pm

I saw this topic title & i just had to read more... Loved it! That's funny because i felt the same when i walked into my Target. My PJ is serious, i have kinky twists in (for most of my transition), haven't even BC'd yet but bought a few products from the Shea Moisture line that I can try out when I finally do BC in a month... i couldn't even wait
marcysuburbs
marcysuburbs

http://meentirely.onsugar.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Curliana 11th April 2010, 8:01 pm

Lol that is hilarious because I can visualize the mental anguish. The back and forth, the standing in front of the shelf staring at the products, the walking away and then going back. Smh. It gets baaaad!
Curliana
Curliana

Back to top Go down

Post by Curliana 11th April 2010, 8:03 pm

Btw, I love your avatar Cassadie3!
Curliana
Curliana

Back to top Go down

Post by lena73 11th April 2010, 8:18 pm

Someone said assaulted [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and I was going to start googling the CEO of Targay for ya...and I usually love Target.

I really want to try the Curls line or Jane Mitchell...
lena73
lena73

http://public.fotki.com/Sharita73/

Back to top Go down

Post by mojitochica 11th April 2010, 10:04 pm

You so silly!!!!
mojitochica
mojitochica

http://whatsnew.fotki.com/mojitochica/

Back to top Go down

Post by jerseygirl 11th April 2010, 10:22 pm

No more paying Shipping and Handling fees!
jerseygirl
jerseygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 12th April 2010, 3:33 pm

cassadie3 wrote:LOL!!!!! in my experience... the PJ ALWAYS wins...even if just by a little bit...
me too lol...and i love ur avatar!

Curliana wrote:Lol that is hilarious because I can visualize the mental anguish. The back and forth, the standing in front of the shelf staring at the products, the walking away and then going back. Smh. It gets baaaad!

happens to me all the time...1st i walk in there for something non hair related, then i'm somehow magnetically attracted to the hair care isle where i pace back and forth picking up things and then putting them back and then going to another part of the store, only to end back up in the hair section before i leave lol
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 12th April 2010, 4:09 pm

Hey ladies. Thanks for all the support. True stories are the best, right?? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] So glad to see I'm not alone but let me tell you, I was walking around scared to put stuff down (broken wrist and all) because each line on the display was so picked apart, like a carcass left in the desert (or like that chicken bone my uncle in-law cleaned on Easter Sunday. LOL). There was barely anything left! The next day it was worse. Yeah... I went back the next day. LOL (and no that was not me you might have seen picking up one itty bitty item from the SheaMoisture line). Ok, yes it was. But I was trying to support a brotha!

@KurlyK- I purchased Curls Goddess and Creme Brule. My curls love those 2 products.

@lena73- thanks for being prepared to assault Target with a deadly pen! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And finally- here's my hair on CURLS
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 12th April 2010, 4:13 pm

That broken wrist was worth those curls! Go head girlie!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next