CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cowash vs. Sulfate Free Shampoo

+16
CarmelCurls83
ChrsLvsBks
traveljunkie08
sweetdrk1
Heart2Worship
dajewel
MsJay1121
blondie
bambiix2
LaToya28
jamaicanmecurly
swoodward
BajanPrincess82
Erica5417
AdriEm
Juices-n-Berries
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Cowash vs. Sulfate Free Shampoo - Page 2 Empty Re: Cowash vs. Sulfate Free Shampoo

Post by SisterBoyd 10th April 2010, 1:08 am

Thank you Dajewel.

I'm one of those curlies who shampoos once a month and cowashes twice a week. I know I can't go one day past a month.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Cowash vs. Sulfate Free Shampoo - Page 2 Empty Re: Cowash vs. Sulfate Free Shampoo

Post by natural83 10th April 2010, 3:02 am

This is a great topic because I was sort of thinking the same thing! LOL! I've only been shampooing like once a month but tonight I did something a little different. I shampoo'd with Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat, then after that I cowashed with Herbal Essence Totally Twisted. Wanted to do both so I could cleanse my hair and also do the cowash as well. I've never done this (shampoo, then follow up with a cowash immediately after) so I hope the results of my hair turn out good tomorrow! Im going somewhere tomorrow afternoon and I would hate for my hair to not do good! LOL! But I can say it definitely felt GREAT after I washed it! The first time I used Giovanni Tea Tree shampoo, I didn't like it because it left my hair feeling like a haystack, but tonight's experience was totally different! (That's why its always good to give a product a second chance) My hair felt extremely soft and CLEAN! I just hope it turns out great tomorrow!

Thanks ladies for all the information...its definitely very helpful!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinammon40 14th September 2010, 1:28 pm

Can someone recommend a good shampoo? Please

Cinammon40

Back to top Go down

Post by Alana 14th September 2010, 2:18 pm

for me cowashing does not remove buildup on the scalp well If I use a SLS free shampoo my scalp feels cleaner and I dont have to wash my hair over and over to get the dirt out of my scalp. Depending on what shampoo you use they can be strip the hair, but I find that diluting the shampoos with water or aloe vera juice works well to combat the dryness.

However Hair One is really good. I use it only when I run out of shampoo
Alana
Alana

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 14th September 2010, 9:21 pm

Cinammon, unfortunately/fortunately we live in amazing times. There are so many choices, it's impossible to list. Add in that products work differently for different people and there you go.

Some say any shampoo is ok if you buffer it (See page 1 of this thread) . That means you can grab some Herbal Essences or Aussie for dry hair (better than Suave I have heard), a good, cheap conditioner and go for it.

I do have preferences though but it was trial and error and trial. Curls Cleansing Cream, Loreal Sulfate -free Shampoos (any one - they are fairly new on the market, less than two years). Kinky Curly Come clean. Giovanni 50/50, Ojon's Tawaka (yum).

My plan though is to buy a shampoo bar. I have heard wonderful things about them. Good luck!

Dajewel, Hi!!!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2