CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LOVE TO HERE FROM THE MATURE NATURAL BEAUTIES OUT THERE!!!

2 posters

Go down

LOVE TO HERE FROM THE MATURE NATURAL BEAUTIES OUT THERE!!! Empty LOVE TO HERE FROM THE MATURE NATURAL BEAUTIES OUT THERE!!!

Post by Intelligentbeauty 9th November 2009, 9:48 am

SO IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE MATURE CURLIES AND ARE ROCKIN' NATURAL HAIR, PLEASE TELL US ABOUT YOUR ROUTINE, PRODUCT LOVES, HAIR STYLES AND WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT BEING NATURAL. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
DO SHARE, DO SHARE...LOL
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

LOVE TO HERE FROM THE MATURE NATURAL BEAUTIES OUT THERE!!! Empty Re: LOVE TO HERE FROM THE MATURE NATURAL BEAUTIES OUT THERE!!!

Post by ClassicFairlane 15th November 2009, 6:40 pm

I hope you think that 44 is mature!! HERE'S MY STORY........

Originally, I was an "unintentional" transitioner (last relaxer--Feb 5, 2008). My long-term hair stylist moved out of the DC area & I was unable to find another stylist that I was comfortable enough with to maintain the layers. I usually never relaxed my hair during the summer, preferring to co-wash and put it into a ponytail or bun. By Sept 08, I still hadn't found another stylist, but found that I could still blowdry & flat iron my hair with the same results when needed. This continued til Feb 09 & I finally had an "Ah-Ha" moment and realized that I actually loved seeing my natural hair. It became a personal challenge to become a true "naturalista"!

I started out with shoulder-length hair, and have been gradually trimming 1+ inches every 3 months to maintain the length. Right now, I only have about 2 more inches to go until I'm totally natural!! I must say that I'm in love with my "almost"-natural hair. I love NOT being a "slave" to my hair (long appts, the weather, exercising, etc...). Without the chemicals, my hair is most definitely healthier, longer and thicker. It is now bra-strap length.

I've been in "Corporate America" for years and thought that relaxed hair was the unofficial rule to climb the "ladder". But, I found that I looked just as professional with ponytails or buns. When I blowdry & flatiron it (every 3 months) to check its condition & ends, people go nuts. Not that I really care....LOL.....but I"m amazed that it looks better than the fully-relaxed days.

As far as products, I'm still a newbie. I typically use Suave products & will deep condition/hot oil every couple of weeks. I also use Vatika or Parachute coconut oil and shea butter. At night, I either braid or twist it & cover with a satin bonnet. In the morning (during the cold weather), the steam from the shower dampens it & I'll oil it & brush it back into a low or high pony or bun. My philosophy is to KEEP IT VERY, VERY, VERY SIMPLE. However, I'll gladly accept any suggestions or advice.

Finally, being a "mature" black woman in her 40's, I've initiated & embraced many positive changes....my hair being one of them! I love, love, love my hair!!!! I can hardly wait for Feb 2010 to cut the final 2 inches of the relaxer off. I used to think the 40's meant that you were old. I'm in no way OLD, I've just gotten a heck of a lot better!

***Many kudos for sites like CurlyNikki***
Keep up the great work!

ClassicFairlane

Back to top Go down

LOVE TO HERE FROM THE MATURE NATURAL BEAUTIES OUT THERE!!! Empty Re: LOVE TO HERE FROM THE MATURE NATURAL BEAUTIES OUT THERE!!!

Post by Intelligentbeauty 16th November 2009, 1:51 am

WOW, I love that. Thanks you so much for sharing. Would love to see pics? do you have a fortki or pics to post?
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down